Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Watch your backs around here fellow posters. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14

Lamond

Hall of Famer

: August 12, 2008, 03:23:22 PM

Apparently the new "moderated" board policy is pretty simple. If someone disagrees with you all they have to do is find where you said a naughty word and bingo...the mod only acts on complaints.

So don't tick anyone off or you'll be reported.
Don't use implied profanity of any kind or you'll be reported.
Don't get into a discussion with posters you don't know well or you'll be reported.
Don't breath through your left nostril or you'll be reported.

Our mod doesn't seem to care what you say unless you are reported.

It seems to me that this is a capricious way to enforce the board rules. It doesn't promote community and only encourages back stabbing from those who disagree with you.

Yesterday I went from a permanent ban to a two week suspension to a one day suspension.

I've probably said too much. Now I'll be reported. Again.

That is all.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 12, 2008, 03:25:20 PM

I've reported this thread to the mods.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 12, 2008, 03:25:58 PM

J/K BTW.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 12, 2008, 03:27:08 PM

Threads like this should get you banned.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 12, 2008, 03:27:39 PM

It isn't posters like you DTG. It those who can't stand anyone to think differently than they do.

LOL btw

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 12, 2008, 03:28:24 PM

Why rowdie? I'm just giving everyone a heads up so they don't get nailed too.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 12, 2008, 03:30:56 PM

Oh well this doesn’t bode well for me.  I butt heads a lot with people here…so this very well could be my good-bye.  If I am banned because my arch nemesis find wrong with my views, I hope you guys have a good one and GO BUCS…..

EDIT:  I hope It’s not too late to edit out “butt” or else this could be grounds for reporting me.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 12, 2008, 03:31:29 PM

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 12, 2008, 03:34:10 PM

Oh well this doesn’t bode well for me. I butt heads a lot with people here…so this very well could be my good-bye. If I am banned because my arch nemesis find wrong with my views, I hope you guys have a good one and GO BUCS…..

EDIT: I hope It’s not too late to edit out “butt” or else this could be grounds for reporting me.

I personally think it's a ridiculous way to enforce the board rules. I'd like to think that we could all take each other's posts with a grain of salt, but I suppose that some would rather stick it to someone than discuss their issues.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 12, 2008, 03:34:14 PM

Because there's a place of petty pissing matches and it's not the red board.

This "heads up" is really just an attack on the mods. An out of place off topic attack. Banning is the right an appropriate result in every other well run forum on the internet, pewterreport should be no different.

Of course they should have an ignore list like every other decent even even most craptastic forums but that hasn't happened.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#10 : August 12, 2008, 03:34:46 PM

Brett Favre

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 12, 2008, 03:37:00 PM

Because there's a place of petty  matches and it's not the red board.

This "heads up" is really just an attack on the mods. An out of place off topic attack. Banning is the right an appropriate result in every other well run forum on the internet, pewterreport should be no different.

Of course they should have an ignore list like every other decent even even most  forums but that hasn't happened.

There ya go Rowdie. I took the offensive stuff out.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 12, 2008, 03:37:26 PM

Brett Favre

I'm reporting that post.

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#13 : August 12, 2008, 03:37:53 PM

Never seen the strategy of calling out the mods succeed on any board I have ever been to. Good luck with that Cherubic one.

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 12, 2008, 03:39:02 PM

I'm NOT calling out the mod. The mod does what he/she is asked to do. If I'm calling anyone out it's the posters who abuse the system PR has in place

Page: 1 2 3 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Watch your backs around here fellow posters. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools