Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Watch your backs around here fellow posters. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 12, 2008, 04:28:45 PM

...If that's true Cherubic, I'll be gone before pretty soon...BTW as far as this thread reporter is concerned, is it who I think it is?

I'm going to report you guys for talking about this.
Snitch. :D

I'm going to report myself for reporting you guys.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 12, 2008, 04:31:09 PM

Don't worry DTG, the way things are going around here I'm sure someone already beat you to the punch.

PRPatrol

Second String
#32 : August 12, 2008, 05:19:30 PM

Cherubic Adonis - Not sure what the point of this thread is, but it's been moved since it's off-topic. Just to make sure we're all on the same page, here is a link to our message board rules. All must abide by the rules in order to post here without incident. Some may get away with a violation, but repeat offenders will not be tolerated on these boards.

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=20996.0

If people violate the rules, they likely will get reported, or I will come across the violation while patrolling the boards. Either way, it will be dealt with accordingly. Some reported posts are not in violation of the rules. Some are. They're dealt with accordingly. Scott, Charlie and Jim tend to be more lenient with the board rules. I am not, so if you stick around you have them to thank.

You have been a repeat offender of the board rules. I would not blame anyone else for that but yourself. You're fortunate to still be posting here, and these types of posts (or ones with violations of the board rules, of course) aren't going to get you far.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 12, 2008, 05:25:08 PM

i wish i knew how to put those rolly eyes smiley faces...

wheres the king of smiley faces when you need him?

#34 : August 12, 2008, 05:27:21 PM

I wish I knew what upset Lamond enough to start this thread. 

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 12, 2008, 05:42:00 PM

The problem with the way the mod does things is pretty much what the original poster has said.

No one gets a word said to them about anything unless they are reported...

You are pretty much free to post what you want until you are reported.

Sometimes, people are reported based on personality issues, not that they didn't break a rule, but when someone has it in for someone else, all they have to do is watch for a violation, then report it.  What a great way to get back at someone you don't like...

That is not how it should be done here. 

There should be a warning system in place, the old "3 strikes and you are out" would be a great way to solve most problems.

It seems that most of the time, a ban is set in motion wothout a single warning, and that is just plain gutless imo...

Yes, we should all be able to police our own behaviors, but everyone on this board at some time or another gets their panties in a bunch and says something that offends someone, which leads to a report being made.  EVERYONE is guilty, some more than others.... 

Every rule on that list is broken here every single day, are all the guilty parties being banned or suspended?  EVERY rule on that list is broken EVERY single day, and some seem to have a free pass, while others pay the price, that in itself is completely unfair.

There is no perfect solution, but instead of a mod prancing around here making threats, acting like a tough guy, maybe the mod should issue warnings.  Once you hit warning 3, say goodbye for a specific amount of time, no questions asked...

This post is not made to defend anyone, or bash someone else, it is what it is, suggestions on how to make this board run smoother.

simmstheanswer

Starter

#36 : August 12, 2008, 05:49:53 PM

there shouldn't be the need for an actual moderator on this message board. if something is offensive enough that it deserves a banning, then JF,SR, or whomever else shouldn't really need to use any discretion when making a decision, as the decision should be obvious enough. the problem people have is, yes there rules on this board, and every other board, and real life, and where ever else you frequent, that are made b/c they have to be made, (i.e. no swearing), but they are expected to be broken, and broken frequently. apparently this new mod doesn't understand that fact of life. use some discretion buddy, a warning here and there, and maybe a ban or two for for the frivolous reporters around here. i guarantee you ban the reporter for once, and you won't have to worry about weak infractions causing a report.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 12, 2008, 05:56:01 PM

I f this board gets so strict that you can't be yourself...and some people get away with murder....and we have to watch what we say about Dumig yet he can call us all kinds of names over the air...if I  get banned and I think it was rediculous I will just ask for my next 2 years refunded and go my merry way....who is THE BOARD MONITOR....and does he have an y common sense....if you have to watch everything you say its no fun for me....some people on this board complain about every little thing.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#38 : August 12, 2008, 05:59:42 PM

People need to grow thicker skin and lighten up.  I don't know if you all got the memo or not, but it's just a freaking internet message board.  I can't believe that we've got tattle tales.  Isn't school back in yet?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 12, 2008, 06:04:52 PM

People need to grow thicker skin and lighten up. I don't know if you all got the memo or not, but it's just a freaking internet message board. I can't believe that we've got tattle tales. Isn't school back in yet?

freaking is an implied swear word, you have been reported!

j/k

#40 : August 12, 2008, 06:05:01 PM

I think if everyone voices their opinion(s), which is what forums are all about, they are in good shape IF:

1) They do NOT start the name-calling to those who have a different point of view
2) They leave the vulgarity, or implied vulgarity out of the conversation (Hey, I talk like a sailor at times, just do not do it here)
3) They don't complain about the mods.

Leave the personal stuff at the door fellas and it's all good.  And if you have an opinion, support it with something reasonably factual or give a clue as to why your opinion is what it is.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 12, 2008, 06:08:40 PM

So how do you report someone to the moderator?  I missed that day in class.

And does that "Report to moderator  Logged" on the bottom of Turbo's post mean he's been ratted out.

People need to grow thicker skin and lighten up.

That's racist.  You're gonna get reported.  But not by me, I still haven't learned how.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 12, 2008, 06:13:40 PM

I think if everyone voices their opinion(s), which is what forums are all about, they are in good shape IF:

1) They do NOT start the name-calling to those who have a different point of view
2) They leave the vulgarity, or implied vulgarity out of the conversation (Hey, I talk like a sailor at times, just do not do it here)
3) They don't complain about the mods.

Leave the personal stuff at the door fellas and it's all good.  And if you have an opinion, support it with something reasonably factual or give a clue as to why your opinion is what it is.

You know what time it is bro...People have been posting here for years without incident.  I know I have a potty mouth...And I've never been suspended here

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#43 : August 12, 2008, 06:36:14 PM

I say.. don't cuss, don't get nasty and learn that you cannot tell someone to be a fan or not to be a fan and you will be ok.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 12, 2008, 06:45:17 PM

So how do you report someone to the moderator?  I missed that day in class.

And does that "Report to moderator  Logged" on the bottom of Turbo's post mean he's been ratted out.

People need to grow thicker skin and lighten up.

That's racist.  You're gonna get reported.  But not by me, I still haven't learned how.

why doesn't the "report to moderator" link appear at the bottom of every post, just some?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Watch your backs around here fellow posters. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools