Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: REALITY FOLKS.... LESS THEN 3 % of FANS WANT TO GIVE MIKE THE BALL « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

coolhandluke

Starter

: December 21, 2006, 09:38:55 AM

Lets say for sake of argument that RAY JAY holds 70,000 fans, this website has been up for over 2 weeks and only 2800 people have signed it... That doesnt even take in the 100,000 that are on a waiting list

The Give Mike the Ball website I believe is a lttle embarassing for Mike Alstott.
He is a Team player and to be honest I have never heard him complain about not getting the ball.  He has turned into a very good blocker and has recovered very nicely from a serious injury. He still scores TD..Plus I believe he is glad he doesnt do his show with Duemig anymore....now that was also Embarassing

Just one mans opinon.. but unless you can get 35,000 peopel to sign on 3% just is a slap in the Face.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 21, 2006, 10:31:40 AM

Gotta agree with you luke, and as much as I love and admire Mikey, I refuse to sign anything that mandates my head coach to make a decision based on fan loyalty, and I also agree that this is probably very embarassing to Mike, as he's always been a very reserved guy.  I'll tell you this, come New Year's Eve, I'll be wearing my #40 jersey, and if Mike has decided to retire, he'll hear a huge amount of noise from section 318...okay,granted, he already hears a huge amount of noise from that section. :)

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

#2 : December 21, 2006, 10:35:51 AM

Well...the fans DO love Mike, and while I'm not necessarily one of those "Give Mike the Ball" Zealots...your processing of the numbers is skewed.  Not all fans know of the petition, not all those that know of the petition are necessarily interested enough to sign, but that does not mean that they don't want Mike to get more touches.  Anyway...2800 signatures is pretty impressive, but I think that it's more of a vote on Gruden than it is on Mike, one the last connections to the late 90s/early 2000s Bucs.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 21, 2006, 03:16:36 PM

Agree.  Give Mandela the Ball was signed by a bunch of idiots.  I would venture to say that if you asked one of them for the name of five other players on the team they couldn't give it to you.  "Caddy!  ...  Brooks! ....Brad Grrrradkowski! .... um...OK not Lynch, not Sapp .......... Dilfer????"

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 21, 2006, 03:24:54 PM

The Give Mike the Ball website I believe is a lttle embarassing for Mike Alstott.

The poor Web design is embarassing, that's for certain.

I hadn't been to the site until you made this post, and I see that there is no method in place to keep people from "signing" it more than once. I seriously doubt that they have the number of unique signers they claim to have.

Oh well, it's a waste of time anyway, but interesting to discuss, I guess.

#5 : December 21, 2006, 03:34:48 PM

I love the 'we cannot change the coach has single handely take Mike out of Hall of Fame contention' right...the neck injury had NOTHING to do with that...NOTHING.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#6 : December 22, 2006, 12:59:33 AM

You guys do realize the web site is refering to the Seattle game? Last home game?

Larry Brackins

Starter
#7 : December 22, 2006, 12:47:11 AM

Hey im all for Giving mike the ball more in short yardage and Goaline situations though. I think Gruden has done something for Mike that even some of you fans dont even think about. Now we know mike has been talking about retireing a while now. What if Gruden did give him the ball like say 10 or 15 times a game and then another 5 rec. I think Mike's desision to retire would be a lot easier because his body would really be worn down right now. I think By Gruden Limiting his carries and taking hits to the knees, he has put more years onto his career cause i think if Mike wanted to, he could play another three years with this type of produciton
Anybody who think Gruden doesn't like Mike is a complete moron.

He scored all of our rushing touchdowns in the playoffs the year we won the super bowl.

The fact of the matter is,  he isn't part of the future. Why give a guy that isn't part of the future more carries on a 3-11 team?

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Larry Brackins

Starter
#8 : December 22, 2006, 12:45:16 AM

I would comment on the website, but I refuse to give it a hit.

Give the slow FB in the mid 30's who has only a year at the most left in his career the ball more over the 5th overall pick last year sounds like a great idea to me.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#9 : December 22, 2006, 12:44:23 AM

Hey im all for Giving mike the ball more in short yardage and Goaline situations though. I think Gruden has done something for Mike that even some of you fans dont even think about. Now we know mike has been talking about retireing a while now. What if Gruden did give him the ball like say 10 or 15 times a game and then another 5 rec. I think Mike's desision to retire would be a lot easier because his body would really be worn down right now. I think By Gruden Limiting his carries and taking hits to the knees, he has put more years onto his career cause i think if Mike wanted to, he could play another three years with this type of produciton

#10 : December 22, 2006, 12:26:43 AM

Joey is more of a 'speaker'

Yep....he is a tad more articulate to say the least. :o
I smell a 'Give Joey the Mic' website

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 22, 2006, 12:07:39 AM

Yep....he is a tad more articulate to say the least.   :o

#12 : December 22, 2006, 12:04:41 AM

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 22, 2006, 12:01:46 AM

Mike doesn't do his show anymore because he wants to be with his son who started playing football. Cue Joey.

Love Mike and what he repesents but he was crap on the radio, Joey is a HUGE improvement.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#14 : December 21, 2006, 11:01:32 PM

Mike doesn't do his show anymore because he wants to be with his son who started playing football. Cue Joey.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: REALITY FOLKS.... LESS THEN 3 % of FANS WANT TO GIVE MIKE THE BALL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools