Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: REALITY FOLKS.... LESS THEN 3 % of FANS WANT TO GIVE MIKE THE BALL « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 21, 2006, 08:31:31 PM

Massage the numbers any way you like... A smart coach goes with the hot-hand.

Mike is a performer, and the heart and soul of Tampa Bay Buccaneers!

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 21, 2006, 08:33:47 PM

What about Derrick Brooks, the Hall of Famer on the defense, "Defense Wins"?  There's a guy who truly deserves to be in the Hall.  Isn't he the heart and soul of the Bucs?

The answer is yes Derrick Brooks is the heart and soul of the team. Take a vote of the team and I think it would probably be near unanimous.

Mandela - fan favorite.  Brooks - heart and soul.

#17 : December 21, 2006, 09:23:06 PM

What about Derrick Brooks, the Hall of Famer on the defense, "Defense Wins"?  There's a guy who truly deserves to be in the Hall.  Isn't he the heart and soul of the Bucs?

The answer is yes Derrick Brooks is the heart and soul of the team. Take a vote of the team and I think it would probably be near unanimous.

Mandela - fan favorite. Brooks - heart and soul.
Heck to the yes.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 21, 2006, 09:52:01 PM

I think if you put a poll on the internet that said "Sign if you want to win the superbowl", you would still have less than 5,000 people sign that.   It's human nature to be lazy and not get involved.    I seriously doubt that over 2000 different people visit all of the Buccaneer websites combined in a 2 week period.   The number of people who have signed that Mike poll is quite impressive.   

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 22, 2006, 02:29:55 AM

Vs. Seatlle, Give Mike the DAMNED ball.

Why not?  WHo cares, and the man is a legend in Tampa.

Anyone who hates on the man, is a total tool.

It is his last game, respect that, and then after this worthless season is over, you can say he went out hard, covered in bruises, and playing hard.  I will miss this guy.  He is about the last of the Mohicans.

Show some respect.

coolhandluke

Starter

#20 : December 22, 2006, 07:42:52 AM

Karen, the reason he is not doing the show is he got tired of it and there wasnt anymore he could say. He also was tired of Duemig.

The son angle was cute but there is more to it then just his son.

BucsAddict

Starter

#21 : December 22, 2006, 08:25:13 AM

Lets say for sake of argument that RAY JAY holds 70,000 fans, this website has been up for over 2 weeks and only 2800 people have signed it... That doesnt even take in the 100,000 that are on a waiting list

The Give Mike the Ball website I believe is a lttle embarassing for Mike Alstott.
He is a Team player and to be honest I have never heard him complain about not getting the ball. He has turned into a very good blocker and has recovered very nicely from a serious injury. He still scores TD..Plus I believe he is glad he doesnt do his show with Duemig anymore....now that was also Embarassing

Just one mans opinon.. but unless you can get 35,000 peopel to sign on 3% just is a slap in the Face.

just how do you reckon every a> season ticket holder and b> all other fans know about this website and chose to abstain from it?

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

coolhandluke

Starter

#22 : December 22, 2006, 08:51:51 AM

Good question...maybe 620 doesnt have the listening audience that they say they have. I would think that the people who listen to 620 would all go on the Website and sign it.

However like in most cases 20% of the listeners call in 80% of the time. Most people dont care and I believe that is the case here

coolhandluke

Starter

#23 : December 22, 2006, 08:57:58 AM

In the last 24 hours 523 people signed up, that is an average of 22 people an hour, times that now by 168 Hours in a week and you get 3696 more people signing up to bring the total to about 7000 or 10% of people who go to games... also like I said dont forget the 100,000 on the waiting list.. So maybe the people have spoken...90% could care less...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 22, 2006, 09:08:56 AM

Luke:

You can't make that assumption. You also can't trust the site's integrity. So in the scheme of things, it's a non-factor.

coolhandluke

Starter

#25 : December 22, 2006, 09:47:03 AM

Dan you may be right... but what if there were 36,000 people who had signed.. we wouldnt here the end of it on the radio..

just food for thought

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 22, 2006, 10:26:50 AM

Well, I could set up a "take the ball away from Mike" Web site right now, and by the end of the day have thousands and thousands of signatures on it. It's easy.

So, again, this site is a non-factor.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#27 : December 22, 2006, 10:31:44 AM

Well, I could set up a "take the ball away from Mike" Web site right now, and by the end of the day have thousands and thousands of signatures on it. It's easy.

So, again, this site is a non-factor.

I'd sign ;D

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 22, 2006, 01:09:56 PM

In the last 24 hours 523 people signed up, that is an average of 22 people an hour, times that now by 168 Hours in a week and you get 3696 more people signing up to bring the total to about 7000 or 10% of people who go to games... also like I said dont forget the 100,000 on the waiting list.. So maybe the people have spoken...90% could care less...

I hope you aren't really that ignorant and are just joking.   If you read my last post, you would realize the number of people who signed that thing is pretty damn impressive.   I didn't sign it, but I can't say I could care less.   I'd like to see Mike go out with a bang as well.   I'm just not going to sign a petition.   Again though, I'm impressed by the number of people signing that.  NO other player on the Bucs could have gotten as many signatures.

#29 : December 22, 2006, 01:23:21 PM

Derrick Brooks has better have gotten that many if it was 'start DB' or something, or else this city is crooked.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: REALITY FOLKS.... LESS THEN 3 % of FANS WANT TO GIVE MIKE THE BALL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools