Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JJ revisited « previous next »
Page: 1 2

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#15 : December 21, 2006, 10:45:49 PM

He was a huge part of our SuperBowl team.  And the few wins we got the following season.  It was unfortunate he was injured so much.

Pulling Guard

Second String

#16 : December 21, 2006, 07:36:16 PM

I heard some things about JJ when he was here, and I have no idea if it was true. Maybe SR could weigh in.

I heard he wasn't a locker room guy. Bucs didn't like him, because he wouldn't try to play hurt. Also heard that when he was out injured, he would be out playing golf instead of rehabbing...stuff like that.

Like I said, it's all hearsay. But it's something to think about.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 21, 2006, 09:01:17 PM

PullingGuard:

Let's just say that JJ had his detractors in the lockerroom.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 21, 2006, 09:50:33 PM

doesn't matter, watching him punk the eagles made him an instant hero!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 21, 2006, 09:55:13 PM

doesn't matter, watching him punk the eagles made him an instant hero!

Absolutely.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 22, 2006, 01:42:00 PM

PullingGuard:

Let's just say that JJ had his detractors in the lockerroom.

Really?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 22, 2006, 01:51:23 PM

Really?

Yep.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 22, 2006, 01:52:21 PM

Really?

Yep.

I did not know that. I could take a wild guess as to who they were but this does suprise me.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#23 : December 22, 2006, 10:32:28 PM

JJ had one of the best catches anyone has ever seen in PHILLY!!  Remember that bobble circus catch?? THE BEST!

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 22, 2006, 10:35:45 PM

JJ had one of the best catches anyone has ever seen in PHILLY!! Remember that bobble circus catch?? THE BEST!

absolutely!

Warhorse

Second String

#25 : December 23, 2006, 12:02:17 AM

JJ ran great routes and had hands of glue. I never saw that guy drop a pass.
 I wish he could have stuck around. He had a few good seasons left, imo.

I always thought the knee and the back injury he got rehabbing the knee put him in Gruden's doghouse for whatever reason. He never seemed to get back in his good graces after that.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 23, 2006, 12:16:26 AM

JJ ran great routes and had hands of glue. I never saw that guy drop a pass.
 I wish he could have stuck around. He had a few good seasons left, imo.

I always thought the knee and the back injury he got rehabbing the knee put him in Gruden's doghouse for whatever reason. He never seemed to get back in his good graces after that.
He definitely learned to catch like that...while a NY Giant, he was rode hard becuase he dropped some very catchable passes at the most inopportune times.  Not very endearing to the day-by-day Giant fans.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 23, 2006, 09:54:42 PM

He went to three SBs with three different teams. Not many can say that. Fleagle fans will curse him forever. He closed down their old stadium and opened up their new stadium in grand style for the Bucs. The NFCC game keyed on his great catch and run. I will never forget that as long as I live. The man has heart.

At this point it hardly matters who wins the game. All it effects is our draft position. I would like to see JJ have a good game. I don't see his career lasting much longer. I hope he has some fun tomorrow and knows that some Buc fans remember him fondly.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JJ revisited « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools