Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breakthrough or Hoax? - Bigfoot Body: “Georgia Gorilla” Will Shock The World « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

: August 13, 2008, 11:08:41 AM

Elaborate hoax or the breakthrough that alternative science seekers (like myself) have
been anticipating for a long time?
You can't really be this naive.

Do you know how many news species are discovered each year on this planet?
Or are you naive enough to think that we know everything there is to know
about our world?

I'm just as naive as the scientists who thought the Giant Panda was a myth.

Until somebody produced a body. And it took a woman to capture the first live one.

You familiar with how the discovery of the Giant Panda went down?

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/2695/gpan.html

The giant panda was not known outside of China until a French missionary and naturalist Pere Armand David is brought a dead specimen by hunters on March 23 1869.

In 1914, the first westerner to see alive panda was a German zoologist Hugo Weigold.

This set off a string of western hunters seeking a giant panda pelt. Amoung the the first western hunters to kill a giant panda was Kermit and Theodore Roosevelt in 1928. They were the sons of president Theodore Roosevelt. On April 24, 1939, China issued an order that prohibited the capture of giant pandas.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 13, 2008, 11:07:20 AM

...and he was found in Georgia.  That'll be fun to think about next time we decide to go camping in the mountains. 

(not to self: pack firearms). 

Then again - i'd feel pretty bad if I shot a guy in an ape suit. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 13, 2008, 03:26:51 AM

Elaborate hoax or the breakthrough that alternative science seekers (like myself) have

One of the guys (Biscardi) has made claims in the past and failed to deliver. Is this time
different? We may know more on Friday. I remain skeptical. I want respected scientists
to examine the body and perform their own DNA tests before I draw any conclusions.

Is this an ape costume or the real deal? ~Joe

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/ga-gorilla

More Photos here:

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/ga-gorilla-pic

Bigfoot Body: “Georgia Gorilla” Will Shock The World

Posted by: Loren Coleman on August 12th, 2008

Breaking News: Photos Released ~ Click HERE!

I have just talked with Robert Barrows, R.M. Barrows, Inc., Advertising & Public Relations, Burlingame, California, who informed me the following release has been distributed to news agencies worldwide. It is now in the hands of the media at large, and they will be going with this story. The embargo on the news is lifted. Therefore, here it is for Cryptomundo readers.

I feel, in all honesty, this, indeed, may be the real deal, and I say this carefully after reviewing information that has been shared privately with me. I cannot say more yet. But people will be very surprised. ~ Loren Coleman, Bigfoot! The True Story of Apes in America.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 12, 2008

BIGFOOT BODY FOUND

DNA evidence and photo evidence to be presented at a PRESS CONFERENCE to be held on

Date: Friday, August 15, 2008

Time: From 12Noon-1:00pm

Place: Cabana Hotel-Palo Alto (A Crown Plaza Resort) 4290 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, California 94306

Searching for Bigfoot, Inc. Menlo Park, California
Tom Biscardi, CEO

BIGFOOT BODY FOUND - EVIDENCE AND DNA DETAILS TO BE PRESENTED AT A PRESS CONFERENCE ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 15th

FROM 12 N00N TO 1:00PM AT THE CABANA HOTEL-PALO ALTO IN PALO ALTO, CALIFORNIA

A body that may very well be the body of the creature commonly known as “Bigfoot” has been found in the woods in northern Georgia.

DNA evidence and photo evidence of the creature will be presented in a press conference on Friday, August 15th from 12 Noon to 1:00pm at the Cabana Hotel-Palo Alto at 4290 El Camino Real in Palo Alto, California, 94306. The press conference will not be open to the public. It will only be open to credentialed members of the press.

Here are some of the vital statistics on the “Bigfoot” body:

*The creature is seven feet seven inches tall.

*It weighs over five hundred pounds.

*The creature looks like it is part human and part ape-like.

*It is male.

*It has reddish hair and blackish-grey eyes.

*It has two arms and two legs, and five fingers on each hand and five toes on each foot.

*The feet are flat and similar to human feet.

*Its footprint is sixteen and three-quarters inches long and five and three-quarters inches wide at the heel.

*From the palm of the hand to the tip of the middle finger, its hands are eleven and three-quarters inches long and six and one-quarter inches wide.

*The creatures walk upright. (Several of them were sighted on the same day that the body was found.)

*The teeth are more human-like than ape-like.

*DNA tests are currently being done and the current DNA and photo evidence will be presented at the press conference on Friday, August 15th.

The creature was found by Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer (residents of Georgia) in the woods in northern Georgia. (The exact location is being kept secret to protect the creatures.)

Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer will be flying in from Georgia to be at the press conference. Also present at the press conference will be Tom Biscardi, CEO of Searching for Bigfoot, Inc.

Whitton is a Clayton County, Georgia, police officer, who is currently on administrative leave after being wounded in the course of duty pursuing an alleged felon. Dyer is a former correctional officer. Whitton and Dyer are co-owners of bigfoottracker.com and Bigfoot Global LLC., a company that offers Bigfoot expeditions. Whitton and Dyer are working with Bigfoot hunter, Tom Biscardi, and Biscardi’s Searching for Bigfoot, Inc., to present and conduct the scientific study of the evidence and information on this body.

A few weeks ago, Whitton and Dyer announced the finding of the body on the “Squatch Detective” radio show, an internet based radio show hosted by Steve Kulls. While on that show, the commentator asked Rick Dyer “Would you allow one of our people to come down and verify the body?” Dyer replied, “The only person we would allow to come down and verify the body was ‘the real Bigfoot Hunter,’ Tom Biscardi.” The next day, the producer of the Squatch Detective show contacted Biscardi with pertinent information on how to contact Dyer and Whitton.

Extensive scientific studies will be done on the body by a team of scientists including a molecular biologist, an anthropologist, a paleontologist and other scientists over the next few months at an undisclosed location. The studies will be carefully documented and the findings will be released to the world, according to Biscardi.

Biscardi is known as “the real Bigfoot Hunter” because of his extensive investigations out in the field. He has been searching for Bigfoot since 1971 and over the past several years, he has been criss-crossing the United States and Canada tracking down the hottest leads on Bigfoot sightings.

Videography on the studies will be done under the supervision of Scott Davis, an independent producer and owner of TV Biz Productions in Phoenix, Arizona.

Currently, Tom Biscardi and his Searching for Bigfoot Team, in conjunction with Bigfoot Global LLC., are preparing to capture another of these creatures alive. That expedition will start very soon. The dates and the locations are being kept confidential.

The body that is currently being studied is being referred to as the “RICKMAT” creature, a name derived from the names of Rick Dyer and Matthew Whitton. [Cryptozoologist Loren Coleman recommends the term “Georgia Gorilla” be used to remove any taint of ego from the discovery, and so the general public, media, and science will have a comfortable moniker until a formal zoological name may be bestowed.]

Last year, a film that Biscardi produced about his investigations, called “Bigfoot Lives,” won first place in the Documentary category at the Pocono Mountains Film Festival. Biscardi also hosts a Bigfoot oriented internet radio show that can be heard on Wednesday nights from 7:00pm to 8:00pm PDT at www.bigfootliveradioshow.com. The show is heard in over thirty countries.

Searching for Bigfoot, Inc. has exclusive rights to all publishing rights, photo rights, television and film rights, production and distribution rights and other commercial opportunities related to the discovery and findings regarding this body and these creatures.

Interested parties may contact Searching for Bigfoot, Inc., in writing, at their mailing address, 1134 Crane St., Suite 216, Menlo Park, California 94025.

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#3 : August 13, 2008, 06:32:43 AM

I.....I....IIIIIIIIIIIIIII  believe at last, so that's what I was smelling while hunting in Georgia, it smelled like rotting garbage and I was hearing whistling noises and screams........

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 13, 2008, 08:41:11 AM

Don't forget the sounds of large trees getting snapped then hit together. 

If it is true cool.  If it is not, all us scifi wackos will just have to wait for the next person to say they have the evidence.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 13, 2008, 09:09:05 AM

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 13, 2008, 10:47:23 AM

Don't forget the sounds of large trees getting snapped then hit together. 

If it is true cool.  If it is not, all us scifi wackos will just have to wait for the next person to say they have the evidence.

There haven't been too many folks claiming to have a body when it comes to Bigfoot or similar creatures.
If this is legit, it will be huge.

One of the last guys who claimed to have an alleged Bigfoot body was Frank Hansen and his Minnesota Iceman.

http://paranormal.about.com/od/othercreatures/ig/Gallery-of-Monsters/Minnesota-Iceman.htm

A composite photo (left) and artist's rendering (right) of the Minnesota Iceman. The body of this unknown creature, frozen in a block of ice, was exhibited by a traveling showman, Frank Hansen in the 1960s. It came to the attention of Dr. Bernard Heuvelmans and researcher Ivan T. Sanderson in 1968, both of who studied and photographed the creature as best they could in the ice, and were convinced that it was a real body of an unknown primate. Hansen claimed that the creature had been killed in Vietnam. Hansen later sold the body to an unknown buyer, and substituted a replica so he could continue his show. Whereabouts of the original body are unknown.

Some mainstream coverage on the latest case...

http://www.ktvu.com/news/17174989/detail.html

Local 'Bigfoot' Tracker Set To Announce Major Find

UPDATED: 7:10 am PDT August 13, 2008

PALO ALTO, Calif. -- It's more than 7-feet tall. Weighs over 500 pounds and walked upright -- three "Bigfoot" seekers, including a Redwood City man, Wednesday claimed they have proof that they have found the body of the elusive creature in the wilds of Georgia.

And on Friday, at a news conference in Palo Alto, they say they will present DNA evidence to prove the carcass of "Rickmat" is that of a bigfoot.

Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer, Georgia residents who lead Bigfoot-tracking expeditions, say they found the body of what appears to be a Bigfoot in the woods of northern Georgia and will join local Bigfoot researcher Tom Biscardi at the news conference, according to Robert Barrows, who is publicizing the event.

Among the other physical characteristics of the body they have released included the creature has flat feet similar to human feet. It's footprint is 16 3/4 inches long and the length from palm to tip of the middle finger is 11 1/2 inches long.

Barrows' name is known in San Mateo County, where he has made multiple bids as a Democratic primary candidate for the District 12 Congressional seat formerly occupied by the late U.S. Rep. Tom Lantos and now by Jackie Speier.

"I think you'll find that this is the real deal," Barrows said of the alleged discovery.

Whitton, a police officer in Clayton County, and Dyer, a former correctional officer, are not saying exactly where the body was found or where it is now, Barrows said.

Biscardi, a veteran Bigfoot tracker who said he went to Georgia to view the find over the weekend, said DNA tests are being conducted and a team of scientists will study the body, but declined to name any scientists involved.

Officials from the Georgia Department of Natural Resources Wildlife Resources Division said the largest wildlife they are aware of in the state are black bears and white-tail deer.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#7 : August 13, 2008, 10:55:31 AM

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#8 : August 13, 2008, 10:57:50 AM

Naive, like assuming mankind has figured out all of the mysteriea of the planet that has been here thousands of years before us, and probably thousands of years after us?

The only thing we know is that we know nothing. Anything is possible. It's highly unlikely that it's legit but never know.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 13, 2008, 11:03:51 AM

That's no Bigfoot, it's my ex mother in law.....

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#10 : August 13, 2008, 11:04:43 AM

Naive, like assuming mankind has figured out all of the mysteriea of the planet that has been here thousands of years before us, and probably thousands of years after us?

The only thing we know is that we know nothing. Anything is possible. It's highly unlikely that it's legit but never know.
Yes, naive.  If you STILL think that bigfoot might be real, you are niave as hell.  Especially if you think a bigfoot costume in a freezer makes you believe so.  ::)

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 13, 2008, 11:13:59 AM

Yes, naive. If you STILL think that bigfoot might be real, you are niave as hell. Especially if you think a bigfoot costume in a freezer makes you believe so. ::)

How much reading have you done on the subject to come to that conclusion? Have you read Jeff Meldrum's
book? If you want to remain ignorant on the subject, fine. There are lots of people who have no interest in
this subject. But if you want to be able to have an intelligent conversation and discuss the evidence that
exists, check out his book.

D. Jeffrey Meldrum (born 1958) is a tenured Associate Professor of Anatomy and Anthropology and Adjunct Associate Professor of the Department of Anthropology at Idaho State University. Meldrum is also Adjunct Professor of Occupational and Physical Therapy and Affiliate Curator of Vertebrate Paleontology at the Idaho Museum of Natural History. Meldrum is considered to be among the world's foremost experts on the Sasquatch.

Biography

Meldrum received his B.S. in zoology specializing in vertebrate locomotion at Brigham Young University (BYU) in 1982, his M.S. at BYU in 1984 and a Ph.D. in anatomical sciences, with an emphasis in biological anthropology, from State University of New York at Stony Brook in 1989. He held the position of postdoctoral visiting assistant professor at Duke University Medical Center from 1989 to 1991. Meldrum worked at Northwestern University's Department of Cell, Molecular and Structural Biology for a short while in 1993 before joining the faculty of Idaho State University where he currently teaches.

Meldrum's interest in the Sasquatch took off after being shown 15-inch footprints by Paul Freeman, in a plowed field near Walla Walla, Washington. Although initially believing the tracks to be forgeries, upon further examination noticed what he believes is evidence of a high degree of flexibility in the print and a mid-tarsal break, traits he has come to believe belong to Bigfoot. Meldrum has published several academic papers ranging from vertebrate evolutionary morphology, the emergence of bipedal locomotion in modern humans and Sasquatch and is a co-editor of a series of books on paleontology. Meldrum is the author of the 2006 book Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science (ISBN 0-7653-1216-6), a companion volume to the Discovery Channel documentary of the same name.

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#12 : August 13, 2008, 11:16:18 AM

^^^ Well put

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 13, 2008, 11:18:09 AM

In the end, it doesn't matter what anybody, including me, says. The science will tell the story.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7525060.stm

July 25, 2008

'Yeti hair' to get DNA analysis
By Alastair Lawson
BBC News, Oxford

Scientists in the UK who have examined hairs claimed to belong to a yeti in India say that an initial series of tests have proved inconclusive.

Ape expert Ian Redmond says the hairs bear a "startling resemblance" to similar hairs collected by Everest conqueror Sir Edmund Hillary.

He told the BBC the Indian hairs are "potentially very exciting".

After extensive microscope examinations, the hairs will now be sent to separate labs for DNA analysis.

They say that the tests on Thursday were a "process of elimination" in which the hairs from India were compared with hairs from other animals known to live in the area around the Garo hills of the north-eastern state of Meghalaya.

The little known Indian version of the legendary yeti - or abominable snow man - is an ape-like creature called mande barung - or forest man.

We are very excited about the preliminary results although more tests need to be done

Ian Redmond

The BBC was given the hairs by passionate yeti believer Dipu Marak, who retrieved them from a site in dense jungle after the mande barung was allegedly seen by a forester for three days in a row in 2003.

Mr Marak says the hairs may provide compelling evidence of the existence of a black and grey ape-like animal which stands about 3m (nearly 10ft) tall.

There have been repeated reports of sightings over many years by different witnesses in the West, South and East Garo hills.

Mr Marak estimates the creature weighs about 300kg (660lb) and says it is herbivorous, surviving on fruit, roots and tree bark.

Sophisticated microscopes

Preliminary test by the scientists in the UK have not so far disproved his belief.

"We now know for definite that these hairs do not belong to Asiatic black bear, they do not belong to a wild boar and they do not resemble hairs from various species of macaque monkeys. These hairs remain an enigma," said wildlife biologist and ape conservation expert Ian Redmond.

"Another thing I can confirm is that if these hairs do indeed belong to a yeti then they - like human beings - suffer from split hair ends!" he joked.

The tests were carried out at Oxford Brookes University in central England with award-winning primatologist Anna Nekaris and microscopy expert Jon Wells from the university's anthropology department.

Using some of the most sophisticated microscopes in Britain, the hairs were magnified up to 200 times and then compared with a database of other hairs provided to Mr Redmond from Oxford's Natural History Museum and the primatology department at Oxford Brookes University.

To make the results as definitive as possible, the scientists took a cast of one of the two hairs brought over from India using nail varnish.

"When the varnish dries the mould which it forms creates a much better two-dimensional image of the cuticle scale pattern than the hair itself," explained Ms Nekaris.

Disagreement

After the test were completed, Mr Redmond - who is also a senior consultant for the UN's Great Ape Survival Project - and Ms Nekaris were able to rule out the "obvious candidates" to whom the hairs might belong.

Mr Redmond said that on first glance, the hairs from India had the same cuticle pattern to hairs brought back to the UK by Sir Edmund Hillary and donated to the Natural History Museum.

Both Mr Redmond and Ms Nekaris agree there is "every chance" they could belong to an unknown species of primate.

"Only two years ago a new species of macaque was discovered in northern India. It's perfectly possible that there are pockets of jungle there where a previously undiscovered primate could exist," he said.

The two scientists also pointed out that not that long ago a huge species of ape known as gigantopithecus roamed around the area.

This species was not known about until relatively recently, Mr Redmond explained, and had no fossil record.

"It was only identified 80 years ago when Western scientists discovered teeth found in Chinese apothecaries which it was claimed were dragons' teeth to be used for medicinal purposes.

"The teeth were examined and it was revealed that in fact they belonged to a an ape-like creature estimated to be 3m tall which was named gigantopithecus," he said.

The scientists say that if the Meghalayan yeti does exist it is not impossible that it was some kind of descendant of this creature.

"It could easily be an unknown primate even if it's not a yeti," said Mr Redmond. The DNA tests should cast more light on the matter.

"We are lucky that the Indian hairs have clearly identifiable follicles containing cells so there is every chance we will be able to get even closer to the truth," Mr Redmond said.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#14 : August 13, 2008, 11:22:16 AM

Do you know how many news species are discovered each year on this planet?
Or are you naive enough to think that we know everything there is to know
about our world?

I'm just as naive as the scientists who thought the Giant Panda was a myth.

Until somebody produced a body. And it took a woman to capture the first live one.

You familiar with how the discovery of the Giant Panda went down?

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/2695/gpan.html

The giant panda was not known outside of China until a French missionary and naturalist Pere Armand David is brought a dead specimen by hunters on March 23 1869.

In 1914, the first westerner to see alive panda was a German zoologist Hugo Weigold.

This set off a string of western hunters seeking a giant panda pelt. Amoung the the first western hunters to kill a giant panda was Kermit and Theodore Roosevelt in 1928. They were the sons of president Theodore Roosevelt. On April 24, 1939, China issued an order that prohibited the capture of giant pandas.

Are you seriously going to try to compare that to the mythical creature that is bigfoot?  Do you realize the advances in science and technology in the last 100 years?  If there was truly a mammal of this size in the United States, do you really believe that there wouldn't be solid evidence of it's existence in this day and age?  Have you ever heard of Bob Heironimus?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Breakthrough or Hoax? - Bigfoot Body: “Georgia Gorilla” Will Shock The World « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools