Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lynch visiting the Pats « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

weinberger83

Starter
: August 13, 2008, 01:24:35 PM

Profootballtalk.com is reporting that lynch is visiting with the patriots today

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/13/lynch-visits-the-pats/

Agent Orange

Starter

#1 : August 13, 2008, 01:46:46 PM

He'll go to the Pro Bowl again if he joins the Pats. Put it in the books.

Dash Riprock

Starter

#2 : August 13, 2008, 03:02:34 PM

^ By reputation only

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 13, 2008, 03:05:03 PM

Well yea all of his years with the Broncos were off of reputation.  I think he had maybe 1 worthy year with them.  And I hope he doesn’t go to the Patriots….I don’t know.  I could have dealt with the Broncos, but would hate if he went to the Pats and won the Super Bowl.  I know it sounds selfish of me, but I want our guys to think the 2002 was the most important.  Plus just thinking of Lynch in a Pats uniform would make me dislike him somewhat….idk…I’ve come to hate the Pats.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#4 : August 13, 2008, 03:28:49 PM

good fit for him imo

gharen

Pro Bowler

#5 : August 13, 2008, 03:36:46 PM

That might be the slowest safety tandem in the history of the NFL, Lynch and Harrison. If they catch anybody it's also the hardest hitting tandem ever.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#6 : August 13, 2008, 04:25:44 PM

He's old, he can't cover and he'll likely miss some big tackles as a WR blows by him for a big gain.

Sounds spot on for New England's secondary, actually.

As long as he can work in some unnecessary roughness penalties, it's a match made in heaven.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

HughC

Pro Bowler

#7 : August 13, 2008, 04:51:07 PM

As easy as it is to make fun of them for being so old, the Patriots defense was actually pretty good last year - as I recall in the top three or four in the league in points and yardage.  I would think if they bring Lynch in it would be to split reps with Rodney Harrison; they just drafted that safety from Miami, Meriweather, a year ago.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#8 : August 13, 2008, 04:53:43 PM

The Patriots linebackers and DBs leave a lot to be desired.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

HughC

Pro Bowler

#9 : August 13, 2008, 07:13:03 PM

The Patriots linebackers and DBs leave a lot to be desired.
The Patriots took a lot of flak last year for their old LB's, but from what I've read and heard they are pretty solid at LB now.  Mike Vrabel and Adalius Thomas are good, their rookie Jerod Mayo is supposed to be playing very well, and they have another rookie (Crable?) that's supposed to be playing pretty well too.  If they can split reps between Crable and Bruschi, that sounds like a pretty good group of LB's to me.

As far as their DB goes, as I recall they won their last Super Bowl with a bunch of street free agents and a WR coming in as a nickel back.  I think their philosophy is that if you get enough pressure on the QB then your DB should be okay, and they have a pretty good DL with Seymour and Wilfork up front.

This next game should actually be very interesting to watch both teams, on both sides of the ball - at least when both teams starters are on the field.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#10 : August 13, 2008, 07:39:36 PM

dude they are the patriots until they suck again they have to be dealt with. As far as I am concerned every year they get questioned about their age and all they do is make the playoffs if not the superbowl. Until they dont they have to be taken seriously. Even though they are cheaters. Had to throw that in their on a patriots thread.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 13, 2008, 07:48:46 PM

Going 16-0 and then losing the super bowl may be the Patriots breaking point. I dont think they will suck and I think they will still easily win the AFC East. But they will be challanged by others in the conference.

MVP

Pro Bowler

#12 : August 13, 2008, 08:04:58 PM

I'd like John to be on a winning team. If he can enjoy the last stage of his career on a great franchise then I wish him the best. It hurts to see him in other teams' uniforms but it is what it is.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 13, 2008, 08:08:18 PM

Lynch would single handedly bring the Patriots a superbowl ring.  :)  I hope he doesn't sign with the Pats because Belichick doesn't deserve him.

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#14 : August 13, 2008, 08:54:58 PM

I'd like John to be on a winning team. If he can enjoy the last stage of his career on a great franchise then I wish him the best. It hurts to see him in other teams' uniforms but it is what it is.
I agree !! I think that the Pats DB's need help and it would be a good fit for a year ! Go Johnny Go !!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lynch visiting the Pats « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools