Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Memo to Kiffin: Please retire after this season so the team can lock up Morris « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

: August 14, 2008, 09:00:51 AM

The Morris Touch - TBO.com

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/aug/14/sp-the-morris-touch/

Monte has to understand that the team can't let another top-notch defensive coach go to another team. It's time to pass the tourch, it has been a great run but damn if the team loses Morris because Monte wants to continue coaching it's going to set the team back in the long run.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : August 14, 2008, 09:04:40 AM

heck, its probably blasphemous, but id seriously consider grooming him as the next HC.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 14, 2008, 09:11:32 AM

I completely agree. I love Monte (and Canada btw... my GAWD!)
anyway... where was I ...

I love Monte and have a ton of respect for what he has done here in Tampa, but I believe it is definitely time to pass the torch. Morris is the future of this defense and we need to get him locked up long term. Players love his ethics, drive, determination and coaching style. Hell, 1st to 17th to 2nd says volumes!!!

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

biffbeaumont

Starter

#3 : August 14, 2008, 09:34:53 AM

Good to know I wasn't the only one thinking this when I read that this morning. Couldn't we give Monte an exalted Assistant Head Coach position or something to keep him around while Raheem takes over? We can't let him go again...

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#4 : August 14, 2008, 09:36:41 AM

can he take derrick and ronde with him?

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 14, 2008, 09:40:03 AM

Ronde and Derrick are still good players …

And biff….I like that idea, but if Kiffin is around he is going to want to coach the D….

MBF

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 14, 2008, 09:47:02 AM

This is the first good idea that Ira Kauffman has had. Having said that,  it probably won't happen now that this clown has written about it (Favre trade to Bucs imminent)

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#7 : August 14, 2008, 10:18:02 AM

Morris is a DC for at most 3 years, and then he is a HC.

biffbeaumont

Starter

#8 : August 14, 2008, 10:19:36 AM

Gruden's contract is for 5 years, right? hmmmmm.....

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 14, 2008, 10:23:34 AM

That's the most if he's anywhere near as good as advertised, which is why I chuckle every time I see one of these "please retire Monte" threads

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 14, 2008, 10:36:46 AM

Until Monte slips... he should stay.  The Bucs have never had a hard time finding position coaches and assisstants on the defensive side of the ball.  First it was Hern, then Lovie, then Tomlin, now it's Morris... as much as I'd love to see all of them stay, at some point, they need to have their own careers and do what's best for them.  They need to move on.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 14, 2008, 10:44:33 AM

What a terribly blasphemous thread.  But I have to totally agree.  Man it pains me to lose Monte.  But if we have to/should lose him the guy I want is Morris.  We can not let him get away again...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#12 : August 14, 2008, 10:57:39 AM

Until Monte slips... he should stay. The Bucs have never had a hard time finding position coaches and assisstants on the defensive side of the ball. First it was Hern, then Lovie, then Tomlin, now it's Morris... as much as I'd love to see all of them stay, at some point, they need to have their own careers and do what's best for them. They need to move on.

They don't have a hard time finding coaches? You seem to forget why we hired Coyer and went out a brought Morris back last offseason. The coaches they replaced were not very good.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : August 14, 2008, 11:07:06 AM

Raheem is the next good one.  We all know this...

But Monte leaves when he is damn well ready.  Period.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#14 : August 14, 2008, 11:08:46 AM

He should leave when his results start to diminish.

The object is to win football games, when he starts to hinder that.. time to move on.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Memo to Kiffin: Please retire after this season so the team can lock up Morris « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools