Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Memo to Kiffin: Please retire after this season so the team can lock up Morris « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#15 : August 14, 2008, 11:10:15 AM

Raheem is the next good one. We all know this...

But Monte leaves when he is damn well ready. Period.

Hell, we better find a way to give Morris one of those Jason Garrett deals then. We're also in danger of losing Gus Bradley!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 14, 2008, 11:19:49 AM

This isn't college where Joe Pa and Bowden stay well beyond the time they're supposed to and everyone is fine with it. You have to know when it's time and now is the time. This is the NFL, you don't leave when you're ready you leave when the team tells you to leave. This isn't a shot at Monte, he's been outstanding but this team can't continue losing these coaches.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 14, 2008, 11:21:48 AM

This is the first good idea that Ira Kauffman has had. Having said that, it probably won't happen now that this clown has written about it (Favre trade to Bucs imminent)

Did you read the article? I wrote the memo, not Ira. He simply put together a good article on Morris.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 14, 2008, 11:23:31 AM

This is the first good idea that Ira Kauffman has had. Having said that, it probably won't happen now that this clown has written about it (Favre trade to Bucs imminent)

Did you read the article? I wrote the memo, not Ira. He simply put together a good article on Morris.
I skimmed over it...but thanks for clearing that up.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 14, 2008, 11:43:06 AM

Kiffin is the least of the Bucs coaching problems.  He stays and they need to treat Morris they way Dallas treats Garrett

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 14, 2008, 12:09:14 PM

This isn't college where Joe Pa and Bowden stay well beyond the time they're supposed to and everyone is fine with it. You have to know when it's time and now is the time. This is the NFL, you don't leave when you're ready you leave when the team tells you to leave. This isn't a shot at Monte, he's been outstanding but this team can't continue losing these coaches.
Kiff has a deal in place, and for obvious reasons, there is no reason to push him out the door quite yet.

The guy has the energy level to coach at a much higher level than Joe Pa, or Bowden, or practically half of the fat lards in the coaching ranks looking to better themselves.  Why the rush to boot him?  I would like to see him coach for three or four more years...why not?  Has he been "slipping lately"?  Hell no!  He will leave when he is ready to...there is no damn waaaay he is going to "lose touch" with the game.  He is a GREAT coach, does his job incredibly well and with incredible efficiency and energy...

Not a slam on Raheem, but Kiff will leave when he is ready.  That is written in stone. (Practically)

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#21 : August 14, 2008, 12:19:17 PM

And what if he wants to stay long past his usefulness?

I assume if our defense drops to the bottom 15 in the league and we rattle off a few losing seasons because of it, you'd be fine with that?

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 14, 2008, 12:22:27 PM

And what if he wants to stay long past his usefulness?

I assume if our defense drops to the bottom 15 in the league and we rattle off a few losing seasons because of it, you'd be fine with that?

The offense is in the bottom 15 in the league and few if any on this board want to make a change on the offensive coaching or scheme.

If the Buc D falls below its level of play, Kiffin will need to be held accountable, not before. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 14, 2008, 12:26:21 PM

If the Bucs defense fails to perform I wouldn't blame the coaching staff so quickly.  The pass rush is what needed to be upgraded this off season and efforts in that area have been half hearted at best.  The decision to draft a CB in the first round would only amplify this disconnect.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#24 : August 14, 2008, 12:27:04 PM

The difference is the defense is our calling card. Mention the Bucs and the immediate thought is great defense.

All I'm saying is the "let him stay until he wants to leave!" notion is pretty frightening.

The NFL is a business and not a feel good, circle of hugs. As soon as he can no longer do his job up to the standards expected, he should pass the torch.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

techstar25

Starter

#25 : August 14, 2008, 12:52:13 PM

Something funny, I thought I'd point out:
Kiffin says, "I've been around a lot of young coaches and you can tell the ones that won't be around for long, like Raheem."
In the context of any other job, that statement would mean something completely different.
Imagine if somebody in your office said, "You know that new IT guy, Bob? Yeah, he won't be around for long." :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my blog "Reheemisms", a compilation of his best quotes.

Capt Kidd

Starter
#26 : August 14, 2008, 12:57:14 PM

This is crazy. Monte's the only man in the NFL who's ever had 10 straight seasons of a Top 10 D and last year we finished 2nd in D and people are ready to replace him? Hell no, he'll still be here when Morris is a head coach somewhere else. if our D starts to slip then it's considered, but until then we praise him and our good luck to have him

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 14, 2008, 01:05:12 PM

We lost Raheem once and you see what happened to our defensive backs.  We knew long before Ira that Raheem was the bomb.  PR has been pimping him since he was an assistant to my man in Pittsburgh.  You saw his results last year and now you really know it since one of them worthless hacks says it?  

Believe me, I love me some Monte.  Dude has the fire of Dragon! Best DC in the league hands down.  But do we lose this guy again, surely never to return as his next step will be an HC. Boid, I feel you brother.  But if Kiff remains and Morris leaves we are in trouble when Monte finally leaves.  Not sure Gus has it like Morris does.  So I'm not as high on him.  Plus how hard could it be to coach the LB corps with Brooks on your side?  Not downgrading the guy just asking the question.

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 14, 2008, 01:07:51 PM

Well the LB unit has been consistently performing at a high level throughout this off season from top to bottom of the depth chart.  So much so I believe the Bucs will end up keeping seven LB's.  I mean even Nece is bringing his A game which only make the competition even more interesting and tough decisions ahead.

That is one unit of the team that I can clearly say has been solid up to this point.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 14, 2008, 01:08:35 PM

Plus how hard could it be to coach the LB corps with Brooks on your side? �Not downgrading the guy just asking the question.

Doesn't Raheem have Ronde?  Just sayin'...

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Memo to Kiffin: Please retire after this season so the team can lock up Morris « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools