Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Memo to Kiffin: Please retire after this season so the team can lock up Morris « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#75 : November 12, 2008, 08:55:15 AM

My point is our D will be fine whether its Monte, Raheem, or the next great disciple. Instead of trying to push Monte out the door, my concern is how come our offense still sux after 6 yrs.

I often wonder if Gruden had an OC actually running the offense, how long ago would he have fired him?

Again, this thread has nothing to do with the offense. I know where you're going, seperate your disdain for this offense and look into the future of this defense. Monte is gone in a year or two, the team should get him out now and lock Morris up to ensure longterm success.

Ok, i'll bite.

Monte steps aside...... Raheem becomes the DC, then in 2 yrs he's gone. Then what?

Heck we don't know when Monte is going to be fed up.  Could be the end of this year?  I mean it's a mess when you think about the options we don't have right now with coaching contracts coming up.  And lets not fool ourselves into thinking we can just grab joe snuffy off the street to coach.  We saw what Franklin and Burns did!  Almost messed this team up.  If it wasn't for Raheem coming back we'd not see the improvements we've seen...which has to tell you something... 

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#76 : November 12, 2008, 09:04:08 AM

Everyone will pimp Jimmy Lake but losing Morris will have a long-term impact on where to go coaching wise. Lake could be the next big thing but how many next big things can this coaching staff lose before it's damaging?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#77 : November 12, 2008, 09:39:36 AM

If Morris is good enough to replace Monte then he will last all of 1 season, 2 tops, as our coordinator before getting snapped up as a head coach.

its out there, but what if he's snapped up as OUR head coach?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#78 : November 12, 2008, 10:39:57 AM

Morris has to stay. HE HAS TO STAY.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#79 : November 12, 2008, 10:46:22 AM

Good coaches move on.  That's the way it goes.  If he leaves, good luck Raheem.  Thanks for your contribution.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#80 : November 12, 2008, 01:31:17 PM

Good coaches move on. That's the way it goes. If he leaves, good luck Raheem. Thanks for your contribution.

Olaf, that sounds all noble and nice but are you kidding me?  Were you here when Burns was running the DB's!!!!  OMG!!!!  I never want to see that ever again.  Look, if Bruce finds a way to hogtie him and can't get the knot done I'll do it.  We need to keep that kid around at least until we identify some better successors...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#81 : November 12, 2008, 02:03:53 PM

You can only do so much.  If he's worth his salt (and I'd say he is) he'll get an opportunity somewhere else.  Nothing we can do about.  I'm not firing Monte to keep him here an extra year or so.

AlstottUpTheGut

Starter

#82 : November 12, 2008, 02:28:51 PM

I think if I were BA I would give Raheem a fatter contract and the co-DC title. This way we could keep both, with Monte up in the booth and Raheem on the sidelines. Hopefully, this will prolong his stay long enough until Gruden falls out of favor, leaves after his contract, or is pushed out (setting up a Singletary-like entrance with Raheem).

Of course knowing us, Raheem will slip away and so will the future of the team...

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#83 : November 12, 2008, 02:46:08 PM

I think if I were BA I would give Raheem a fatter contract and the co-DC title. This way we could keep both, with Monte up in the booth and Raheem on the sidelines. Hopefully, this will prolong his stay long enough until Gruden falls out of favor, leaves after his contract, or is pushed out (setting up a Singletary-like entrance with Raheem).

Of course knowing us, Raheem will slip away and so will the future of the team...

lol, that is just funny right there.  Nothing to say.  lol

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#84 : November 12, 2008, 05:21:18 PM

I would love to see Raheem as the DC... however. We know Kiffen won't leave for a HC job. Raheem after year one could leave us with our finger in the dam.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Memo to Kiffin: Please retire after this season so the team can lock up Morris « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools