Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS BREAK CAMP « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

: August 14, 2008, 09:05:41 AM

PewterReport.com is reporting that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers cancelled their Thursday morning practice at Disney's Wide World of Sports complex. The workout was scheduled to be the Bucs' last of training camp.

The Bucs will be off today and are scheduled to hold a practice at One Buccaneer Place on Friday afternoon. Tampa Bay will host New England in both teams' second preseason contest of the year on Sunday.

MVP

Pro Bowler

#1 : August 14, 2008, 10:03:17 AM

Didn't they do somthing similar last year? Besides that Garcia and Galloway went through the whole camp unable to practice. That is worrisome.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 14, 2008, 10:04:42 AM

If the Bucs show up in the upcoming pre season game then this will not mean much.  If not then the questions will start to fly if they are ready for the season?

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#3 : August 14, 2008, 10:21:26 AM

Luke is ready to take this team to the next level.  He got the TC reps he really needed.  IMO, this is a blessing in disguise as we all know Garcia won't make it thru game 3.  Luke and Griese got plenty of reps to step in when needed, probably sooner than later.  Much more concerned about Galloway.

The Q

Pro Bowler

#4 : August 14, 2008, 10:32:11 AM

The get to sleep in their own beds and get back in their familiar surroundings.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 14, 2008, 10:32:56 AM

Luke is ready to take this team to the next level. He got the TC reps he really needed. IMO, this is a blessing in disguise as we all know Garcia won't make it thru game 3. Luke and Griese got plenty of reps to step in when needed, probably sooner than later. Much more concerned about Galloway.

Haha got to love your disdain for Garcia and love for McCown.

BTW, did Gruden name a starter for Saturdays game yet?  Will you all be shocked and appalled when it is Griese?

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#6 : August 14, 2008, 10:33:48 AM

Why would it be shocking, Griese is a better QB than McCown and has accomplished more to prove it.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 14, 2008, 10:37:06 AM

Magn, it wouldn’t be shocking to me….but you do know this board is full with McCown lovers/Garica haters….

They think McCown is the future, and more power to them to be fooled not once(Simms), not twice(Gradkowski), but three times(McCown).

I believe Griese was added for the sole reason that if Garcia were to down with an injury, the Bucs would be more confident in Griese to take over and win games then would they McCown.  Right now it’s a toss up to see who gets the #2 job, but I have a feeling Gruden will go with the proven vet over McCown.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#8 : August 14, 2008, 10:39:14 AM

That's what I try to point out.. we didn't trade for Griese to have him be an after thought. If McCown was so good, we wouldn't needed more insurance for when/if our starter goes down.

McCown has had opportunity, if he were the future and as great as he's talked up here, he wouldn't STILL be a backup while the front office ever pursues vets to plug in as starter.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 14, 2008, 10:42:21 AM

I applaud you.  Thanks.

I think as the season approaches we will see less and less McCown huggers around.  They will still be here posting but will try to brush it under the rug when the Bucs start out 3-1 with Jeff.  Or if the opposite happens a 1-3, 0-4 start, you can bet they will become anti-Buc Fans and say, “see I told ya so…Jeff stinks…..put in McCown” and will gloat in our faces when McCown finishes the season off with a  4-12 record and Gradkowski like TD/INT numbers

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : August 14, 2008, 10:44:30 AM

BTW, did Gruden name a starter for Saturdays game yet?  Will you all be shocked and appalled when it is Griese?

I would be shocked is Griese started on Saturday.

That would definitely mean McCown would start on Sunday.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 14, 2008, 10:46:09 AM

I do not envy the QB that has to start against the Patriots front seven.  They actually looked last week better than they did last season with some of their news additions.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 14, 2008, 10:48:26 AM

I just don’t get it.  I defend Garcia and point out McCown’s negatives and I get pinned for being a McCown hater and all this other stuff, but that is not true.  Heck I was even told I wasn’t a Buc Fan because of my support of Garcia and disdain of McCown.  That one really made me laugh.  I’m not a Buc fan because I support their starting QB. Hmmm.  Listen, if McCown turns out to be “all he can be” like many of you with your heads in the clouds think, then by all means I’ll be ecstatic and admit I was wrong.  If a few years from now he is hoisting the Lombardi, do you honestly think I’d be “ahh humbug”.  No.  However, I feel many here are rooting for Garcia to fail or get injured just so McCown can get his chance.  Now that, IMO, is not being a Buc Fan, but rather being a “politician” that wants to be right and rather be right that see success.  It seems many here are rooting against Garcia and for that I say, you aren’t true Buc Fans.  You support the team.  You could like a guy, but because you want a 3rd stringer in there to start and prematurely jumped on the bandwagon, don’t start rooting against Garcia and Griese.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 14, 2008, 10:48:32 AM

That's what I try to point out.. we didn't trade for Griese to have him be an after thought. If McCown was so good, we wouldn't needed more insurance for when/if our starter goes down.

McCown has had opportunity, if he were the future and as great as he's talked up here, he wouldn't STILL be a backup while the front office ever pursues vets to plug in as starter.

Most guys need more than 12 games... over 4 years to really show what they can do.  McCown was stuck being a backup in Cleveland behind Garcia.  That offseason, the Bucs traded for him.  In only his 2nd year, he was relagated to the bench behing Griese and Simms.  Technically, the kid has been given a chance... go compare his first 7 starts to Peyton Mannings and tell me McCown CAN'T be the future.

Look, I'm not saying that he is the future, I just know that Garcia and Griese AREN'T.  Throw the kid out there and lets see what he can do.

bodybag

Starter

#14 : August 14, 2008, 10:49:08 AM

Magn, it wouldn�t be shocking to me�.but you do know this board is full with McCown lovers/Garica haters�.

They think McCown is the future, and more power to them to be fooled not once(Simms), not twice(Gradkowski), but three times(McCown).

I believe Griese was added for the sole reason that if Garcia were to down with an injury, the Bucs would be more confident in Griese to take over and win games then would they McCown.  Right now it�s a toss up to see who gets the #2 job, but I have a feeling Gruden will go with the proven vet over McCown.

i second this. griese it seems is at his best in gruden's offense. i think maybe if gruden would have drafted him instead of mike shanahan he would have a much better career by now. he just seems to fit this offense almost as good as any QB i have seen in a gruden ran offense. even maybe as good as gannon or brad johnson. garcia has been ok but im sorry to say his postseason history has me questioning him as the leader of our football team. what does he have like 2 playoff wins through his whole career? and mccown is not starting material to me, he barely makes it as a no. 2 IMO. he would be no.3 on my roster behind garcia and griese with johnson as the no.4/practice squad QB
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS BREAK CAMP « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools