Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Davin Joseph « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 15, 2008, 11:06:31 AM

That draft started in the 3rd round and Walker was traded for Thomas Jones a year later. 

So? It was the draft the year the Bucs won it all, which what was being discussed.

Just for fun, we can post Allen's drafts from the 3rd round on since he took over if you'd like.

Sure, if that makes you happy. It isn't on point however, but feel free to derail the conversation if you like.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#16 : August 15, 2008, 11:07:56 AM

I don't think the idea of the draft is to find a player that will play ASAP. Unless you're in the top 10, it's not gonna happen - and top ten means you sucked, so that explains why your rookies will be playing immediately.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 15, 2008, 11:21:19 AM

I don't know guys. I'm starting to think that we made a tremendous blunder by drafting him in the 1st round. He got manhandeled by Kendal Langford a few nights ago. It looks like he has cement in his shoes in pass pro . He has also been very slow to recognize stunts and blitzes during his tenure as a pro. What do you guys think?

I think I'm glad you said it.  That guy seems to get a pretty big pass on this board.  I'd say what you just reported is pretty much in agreement with what I saw.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

fessy

Second String

#18 : August 15, 2008, 11:27:32 AM

You were asking a very young lineman to cover for a subpar center in Wade for a couple years.  Give him a chance with a stud Center....I think there's going to be a huge difference this year.

holy crap, Kenyatta sucked so bad.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 15, 2008, 11:43:20 AM

Im just saying that you cant judge the teams draft on how they are going to be for that season or even later.

The year the Bucs won the Super Bowl, Rich McKay's draft was:

Marquis Walker, Travis Stephens, Jermaine Phillips, John Stamper, Tim Wansley, Tracey Wistrom, Aaron Lockett, Zack Quaccia.
Walker and Stephens were surely bad picks, but after the 4th round there aren't a lot of good players. It's not like they took Tim Wansley over a whole bunch of awesome players. Here are all the players of any significance round-by-round in order:

Round 5: Andra Davis, Scott Fujita, Rocky Bernard, Aaron Kampman, Jermaine Phillips
Round 6: Marquand Manuel, Justin Hartwig, Jeb Putzier, Chester Taylor
Round 7: Greg White, Ronald Curry, Brett Keisel, Kevin Shaffer, Kyle Kosier, Rock Cartwright

Easy to be critical when 7 out of 8 players picked in rounds 5-7 suck.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 15, 2008, 11:46:10 AM

Joseph will be a star in this league once he learns to play consistently. Not many 2 year vet linemen are consistent, give it time.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 15, 2008, 11:50:21 AM

I don't know guys. I'm starting to think that we made a tremendous blunder by drafting him in the 1st round. He got manhandeled by Kendal Langford a few nights ago. It looks like he has cement in his shoes in pass pro . He has also been very slow to recognize stunts and blitzes during his tenure as a pro. What do you guys think?

I think I'm glad you said it.  That guy seems to get a pretty big pass on this board.  I'd say what you just reported is pretty much in agreement with what I saw.

Not really.

I have been vocal about Davin's miscues.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 15, 2008, 12:03:52 PM

Not really.

I have been vocal about Davin's miscues.

So there's you and... I try to hint at it a bit but it upsets some of the regs.  I'd say that's a pretty big pass on this board.  That noted, I can't say that I've seen anything you posted, and I definitely took a long hard look at the game wrap ups after I watched the game, which would have been oh monday. 

I've even touched on it lightly, but no takers. Notice this thread has largely become another "Bucs suck... at the draft" thread more so then any review of Davin.

Anyway, I'd say Davin is in the running for most overrated player by this board.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 15, 2008, 12:06:11 PM

I was so disapointed with that first pre season game (for the most part) I didn't even bother doing a review.  I am willing to pretend that game never happened and let them start the slate clean against the Pats.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#24 : August 15, 2008, 12:06:33 PM

Come on.  Seemed to me Buenning was the one stuggling in the Miami game.  

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 15, 2008, 12:10:58 PM

I have heard and read different takes on Buenning from the Miami game which is quite interesting.  But what is also interesting is that not many have commented on Faine's play in that game. :o

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#26 : August 15, 2008, 12:13:44 PM

I have heard and read different takes on Buenning from the Miami game which is quite interesting. But what is also interesting is that not many have commented on Faine's play in that game. :o

Faine played like 2 snaps or he was hardly out there. Usually it is a good thing if you dont hear anything about them.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 15, 2008, 12:17:16 PM

Im just saying that you cant judge the teams draft on how they are going to be for that season or even later.

Marquis Walker, Travis Stephens, Jermaine Phillips, John Stamper, Tim Wansley, Tracey Wistrom, Aaron Lockett, Zack Quaccia.
Walker and Stephens were surely bad picks, but after the 4th round there aren't a lot of good players. It's not like they took Tim Wansley over a whole bunch of awesome players. Here are all the players of any significance round-by-round in order:

Round 5: Andra Davis, Scott Fujita, Rocky Bernard, Aaron Kampman, Jermaine Phillips
Round 7: Greg White, Ronald Curry, Brett Keisel, Kevin Shaffer, Kyle Kosier, Rock Cartwright

By training camp 2003, that drafted yielded Thomas Jones and Jermaine Phillips - two starting caliber players - with the draft starting in the 3rd round. 

Agent Orange

Starter

#28 : August 15, 2008, 12:40:20 PM

We should have picked Santonio Holmes. What were they thinking!

EDIT: BTW it was Derrick Brooks who pushed for Dunn.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#29 : August 15, 2008, 12:42:28 PM

By training camp 2003, that drafted yielded Thomas Jones and Jermaine Phillips - two starting caliber players - with the draft starting in the 3rd round.

and we still won 2 division titles after winning the super bowl with average drafting. Its not all about the drafting as much as people here love to make it sound like the greatest thing ever. Of course it helps and can even help teams win super bowls, but it is not the single thing that does it. Its all about Coaching, front office decisions, drafting, and the most important one the players on the field doing their jobs. We have done those four good enough to win 3 division titles and win a super bowl. Drafting prolly being the worst one of the the four as it could have helped our losing seasons when we had injury problems or bad qb play. Do we need to improve drafting of course every team can do that. Like I said the grades dont mean squat until the end of the season is over look at the cleveland browns. There were so many times I have seen espn or whatever be all over what the browns did or this year what the kansas city cheifs did. They allways end up sucking and dont make the playoffs so their excellent drafting didnt do anything for them. It has to come from all 4 that i stated above.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Davin Joseph « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools