Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Davin Joseph « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 15, 2008, 12:47:41 PM

I have heard and read different takes on Buenning from the Miami game which is quite interesting. But what is also interesting is that not many have commented on Faine's play in that game. :o

Faine played like 2 snaps or he was hardly out there. Usually it is a good thing if you dont hear anything about them.

Just not much to report....

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

kmitchell

Starter

#31 : August 15, 2008, 02:03:03 PM

I'm not racist or anything but I really don't think black OL men are that good. It seems like all of the dominant OL men are 6'6 310 white guys.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 15, 2008, 02:07:00 PM

Lmao.  I’m sorry that made me chuckle.  I thought that was the QB argument.  Anyway John Odgen, Orlando Pace, Walter Jones, Brian Waters, Tarik Glenn, Tra Thomas, etc.  There are good black offensive lineman and good white offensive lineman.  As for the QB argument, there does seem to be more good white QBs.  I think only McNabb can be considered a top 10 quarterback, with David Garrad just outside of it.(one year doesn’t mean anything).  On the flipside, how many great white RBs were there.  If John Lynch was black, would he be as highly touted as he is? 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 15, 2008, 02:12:15 PM

Historically: Munoz, Slater, Art Shell, Larry Allen, all non-white OL.

kmitchell

Starter

#34 : August 15, 2008, 02:15:09 PM

Im a younger guy and I just witnessed the highest scoring offense in history with 5 fat white guys up front. A HUGE part of that team's success was the plays when Brady had 5 full seconds to hit Moss deep or wait for Welker to get open in the middle.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#35 : August 15, 2008, 02:18:00 PM

Im a younger guy and I just witnessed the highest scoring offense in history with 5 fat white guys up front. A HUGE part of that team's success was the plays when Brady had 5 full seconds to hit Moss deep or wait for Welker to get open in the middle.

1999, Greatest Show on Turf, Orlando Pace?

Hello?

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

benir0

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 15, 2008, 02:22:02 PM

I think he is a solid guard, but honestly you are surprised we messed up a first round pick?  Does Clayton and Cadillac not ring a bell?  The jury is still out on our man Gaines too.  Only positive I can find there is that he didn’t have a great rookie season so we don’t have to fear of a Clayton/Carnell let down.  Instead we have high hopes of a double digit sack season for Gaines.  I personally feel we will be alright with Joseph, Adams, Talib…but I just find it funny.  Let me know when we HIT on a first round pick and I’ll be surprised.

Sooo...call off the suicide watch?

Let's give Davin this year, with improved play around him.  A lot is said about an o-line taking time to "gel".  It certainly, it can take the preseason to get all the kinks worked out.  Let's hope we're a good o-line by week 1.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 15, 2008, 02:23:10 PM

Let's give Davin this year, with improved play around him.  A lot is said about an o-line taking time to "gel".  It certainly, it can take the preseason to get all the kinks worked out.  Let's hope we're a good o-line by week 1.

I'm hoping for that by week four, which I think is doable. Sooner than that would be great, of course.

benir0

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 15, 2008, 02:23:23 PM

I'm not racist or anything...

*click*

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 15, 2008, 02:34:05 PM

Willie Roaf

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#40 : August 15, 2008, 03:05:17 PM

Wow, thats just....wow. Ridiculous.

Also, our two best OL by far are black. Sucks for us I guess. ::)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 15, 2008, 03:06:55 PM

We could bring back Charles McRae and Jason Odom, if that would help.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 15, 2008, 03:23:48 PM

It wouldn't DTG...I cannot believe some of the stuff that come out these posters mouths lately...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 15, 2008, 03:24:44 PM

It wouldn't DTG...I cannot believe some of the stuff that come out these posters mouths lately...

Ok. Jerry Wunsch then?

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 15, 2008, 03:25:56 PM

How about Dave Reavis? OR Sean Farrell or Charlie Hannah....geeez

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Davin Joseph « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools