Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kelly or Barber to Safety in 2007? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Grudens_Flame

Second String

: December 21, 2006, 03:10:37 PM

I think with their age and Ronde's tendancy to get torched in 1 on 1 coverage it would be a good move. If we were able to land good young starting caliber CB it would definately improve our secondary.

A proposed secondary line-up
CB- Ronde Barber
CB- Asante Samuel
SS- Brian Kelly
FS- Michael Lewis
Nickel- Zman, Cox, or Bolden [banghead]

What do you lads think?

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.  - Julius (Remember the Titans)

#1 : December 21, 2006, 03:11:50 PM

Well, I think it sort of fits more for Ronde...just my feeling with his body type.  Still, I'm not sure tha this is a good idea...

Grudens_Flame

Second String

#2 : December 21, 2006, 03:15:26 PM

Well, I think it sort of fits more for Ronde...just my feeling with his body type. Still, I'm not sure tha this is a good idea...

Dude I loved how you scorched that kid on the blockbuster thread...ninjas...LMAO...classic.

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.  - Julius (Remember the Titans)

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 21, 2006, 03:19:46 PM

Honestly I'd like to see Zemaitis at FS

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 21, 2006, 04:28:39 PM

when you consider how often our safeties have been speed bumps on the way to big plays for RBs, i'd say the answer is to get more physicality and size at the S position, not less....i guess you guys haven't noticed that barber has taken over a couple games from the CB spot this year?  leave our CBs where they are, get the safety help thru FA or the draft this offseason, and watch our secondary improve by default when a fresh and healthy brian kelly is back on board.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#5 : December 22, 2006, 12:47:59 AM

I actually like Ronde at FS.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 21, 2006, 05:45:07 PM

i like it but what about Buchanon

#7 : December 22, 2006, 12:05:18 AM

Pittman and Clayton to safety.

Alstott to LB.

Kenyatta to DT.

Then re-sign Brackins to play nickle.  He has the pure speed and athleticism to seemlessly make the transition.

Should fill all of our holes in the defense with that.
Just sign Brackins, he can play all spots.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#8 : December 21, 2006, 05:58:22 PM

well if barber moves to safety who is #1? and are we even sure Kelly will even be a buccaneer next year?

I say just draft a safety, keep barber and kelly at CB, maybe try zemaitis at safety or something, or maybe move Clayton to safety haha

bklynbucs11

Starter

#9 : December 21, 2006, 11:53:03 PM

There's actually one guy I would love to bring in to play LB for Tampa..

Brandon Jacobs. No joke - I don't think the Giants are sold on him as their future RB. Just  think for a second - a guy that big thats got RB speed - thats definetely fast enough to play in our scheme. The irony is that Jacobs' weakness at RB is that he runs too high & upright - exactly how LB's run. Certainly wouldn't put him at the Will or Mike, but I think he'd make a hell of a SAM LB. He's got DE size and could be a monster blitzer.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 21, 2006, 11:53:09 PM

Barber and Kelly are way too good at what they do. No need to move them at all. If we improve the D line, and get atleast one real good safety too, our Defense will dominate once more.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#11 : December 21, 2006, 11:48:10 PM

Pittman and Clayton to safety.

Alstott to LB.

Kenyatta to DT.

Then re-sign Brackins to play nickle.  He has the pure speed and athleticism to seemlessly make the transition.

Should fill all of our holes in the defense with that.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 21, 2006, 11:46:31 PM

Clayton doesn't have the hands to play safety..

I find this statement mildly amusing.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 21, 2006, 11:44:31 PM

Kelly would be a better fit than Barber at FS.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 22, 2006, 01:07:59 AM

There's actually one guy I would love to bring in to play LB for Tampa..

Brandon Jacobs. No joke - I don't think the Giants are sold on him as their future RB. Just  think for a second - a guy that big thats got RB speed - thats definetely fast enough to play in our scheme. The irony is that Jacobs' weakness at RB is that he runs too high & upright - exactly how LB's run. Certainly wouldn't put him at the Will or Mike, but I think he'd make a hell of a SAM LB. He's got DE size and could be a monster blitzer.

Nice post, i like that kid too.  lot of potential with his size and speed.  FB would be good for him to if he can learn to block and catch.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kelly or Barber to Safety in 2007? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools