Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kelly or Barber to Safety in 2007? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#15 : December 21, 2006, 10:58:23 PM

Clayton doesn't have the hands to play safety..

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 22, 2006, 01:16:01 AM

How bout

CB Nate Clements and Brian Kelly - Buchanon and/or Bolden as back-ups
FS Ronde Barber - Will Allen and Zemaitis as back-ups
SS BRANDON MERRIWEATHER - Phillips and Pearson as back-ups

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#17 : December 22, 2006, 01:22:37 AM

Am I the only one who truly thinks Michael Clayton should play safety?

mikeclark6491

Practice Squad

#18 : December 22, 2006, 01:30:57 AM

I say we go with barber, at the safety position (more for-sure tackler, and bring in a young corner or two would be nice. it would be an addition to their secondary

[inghttp://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8669/pounddarockrh6.jpg[/ing]

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 22, 2006, 02:19:57 AM

There's actually one guy I would love to bring in to play LB for Tampa..

Brandon Jacobs. No joke - I don't think the Giants are sold on him as their future RB. Just think for a second - a guy that big thats got RB speed - thats definetely fast enough to play in our scheme. The irony is that Jacobs' weakness at RB is that he runs too high & upright - exactly how LB's run. Certainly wouldn't put him at the Will or Mike, but I think he'd make a hell of a SAM LB. He's got DE size and could be a monster blitzer.

Nice post, i like that kid too. lot of potential with his size and speed. FB would be good for him to if he can learn to block and catch.
I have seen it all now.

Gimme a break.  Brandon Jacobs is not going to play LB for anyone.  He came into the league as a RB (actually I think he left Auburn, because Caddy and Ronnie were there) to play RB.  He will NEVER convert to any other position.  He is a scoring machine in the red zone, he may run upright, but he brings some wood, and can drive people.

I like Jacobs as well, but c'mon.  This is getting out of hand...lol!

bklynbucs11

Starter

#20 : December 22, 2006, 01:27:10 PM

There's actually one guy I would love to bring in to play LB for Tampa..

Brandon Jacobs. No joke - I don't think the Giants are sold on him as their future RB. Just think for a second - a guy that big thats got RB speed - thats definetely fast enough to play in our scheme. The irony is that Jacobs' weakness at RB is that he runs too high & upright - exactly how LB's run. Certainly wouldn't put him at the Will or Mike, but I think he'd make a hell of a SAM LB. He's got DE size and could be a monster blitzer.

Nice post, i like that kid too. lot of potential with his size and speed. FB would be good for him to if he can learn to block and catch.
I have seen it all now.

Gimme a break. Brandon Jacobs is not going to play LB for anyone. He came into the league as a RB (actually I think he left Auburn, because Caddy and Ronnie were there) to play RB. He will NEVER convert to any other position. He is a scoring machine in the red zone, he may run upright, but he brings some wood, and can drive people.

I like Jacobs as well, but c'mon. This is getting out of hand...lol!

You're banking on the fact that Jacobs can be a feature back. A goal-line back, sure - he's a very good one. But I've watched the Giants play and they have really struggled running the ball when they've given it to Jacobs on multiple occasions. This ain't college anymore - he won't just be able to go to another team and be the feature back. I don't know how good of a pure runner he is - but from what I've seen, I don't think he can handle it. The guy drives people but he's not all that difficult to bring down from a good angle. He's not blazing fast - and the worst thing about him, he has absolutely no vision or patience.

However, as a strongside LB, I think he could excel. And lets face it, if the situation comes to it, I don't think Jacobs will pass up being a starter and getting paid starter money at LB or some position like that versus being a 3rd down back forever.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#21 : December 22, 2006, 01:34:52 PM

everybody is forgettting Buchanon, im sure he will be on this team next year, heres how i would like to see it

Kelly traded..........

Barber and Clements play CB, with Buchanon/Bolden playing the nickel

Draft SS Eric Weddle, Phillips as a backup

FS:Will Allen with Zemaitis at backup

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 22, 2006, 01:39:02 PM

I don't know that he should....but I think it is an interesting idea.

#23 : December 22, 2006, 03:03:34 PM

Hey, that's MY line!!!  :)

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 22, 2006, 03:34:31 PM

I don't know that he should....but I think it is an interesting idea.
If Clayton can tackle sure. I switched to Safety in middle school and i couldn't tackle... Skill positions require skills for a reason... Now we know why i'm a runningback. And why Clayton will buy some new gloves and be a good WR

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

#25 : December 22, 2006, 03:40:54 PM

I find this statement mildly amusing.

I found both these statements damn funny. And Im a Clayton fan.

Barber doesnt get scorched in man. In fact I would say the past 3 years he has shown signs each season of improvement in man coverage, similar to Alstotts development as a run blocker. Yet neither guy will ever shake their image that EVEN some Bucs fans still have, that Barber is a zone CB and Alstott is a HB with a fumbling problem. Barber is an all round CB, who only lacks 3 inches + a little faster straightline speed to be the prototype for the position. IMO, he has had a down year because everyone around him have had bad years in the worst way, but he has still played very respectable and is still as good as he was his career year (2005)

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 22, 2006, 04:29:56 PM

I'd like to see Simeon Rice play some safety.   He's as fast as the guys we have back there now.   Can you imagine him rocking some WR coming over the middle?    Brooks could also play safety as well or better than the 2 guys we have back there.   We need Ronde and Kelly too much at corner to move them.

I've always thought Alstott would make a good linebacker as well.   Remember the hits he used to lay on people when he played special teams?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kelly or Barber to Safety in 2007? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools