Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What about Chad Lavalais DT? « previous next »
Page: 1

shall555

Starter

: October 10, 2006, 03:03:35 PM

Chad Lavalais was considered one of the best, if not the best DT, in college football, back in 2004.  He was an integral part of the defense that help that team win a National Championship and was one of the best DTs in the SEC. The Falcons dumped him earlier this year. I always thought he was more of a one gap Cover 2 DT, than whatever it is, they play up in Atlanta. Worth a look? We can cut or trade Wyms, who has 3 tackles/ 0 sacks in 4 games and is eating up $3.2 million in cap space.

Here are his stats for the past 2 years.

Chad Lavalais
2004  28 tackles 0 sacks
2005  24 tackles 2.5 sacks

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#1 : October 10, 2006, 03:06:37 PM

I'd rather keep Wyms and give him more snaps and dump Booger.

shall555

Starter

#2 : October 10, 2006, 03:12:48 PM

One man's junk is another man's treasure. LOL. I'm just throwing Lavalais out there, since there doesn't seem to be much in the draft, free agency next year, or the waiver wire. This is the worst time to need a pass rushing DT. Too bad we couldn't sign Rocky Bernard last year. We wouldn't have this problem.

I wish we could dump Booger yesterday, but it looks like his cap hit would be too great. I was thinking of dumping Wyms since he's getting paid like an impact player. We could get the same production out of a no name street free agent like Lavalais.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 10, 2006, 03:19:37 PM

Is anyone else getting the impression that Jethro Franklin sucks?

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#4 : October 10, 2006, 03:34:37 PM

Is anyone else getting the impression that Jethro Franklin sucks?
That's ridiculous.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#5 : October 10, 2006, 04:27:45 PM

We may as well dump Booger and start looking because he is terrible.

Is Lavalais good? Not that I know of, the Falcons dropped him. He may be though but we already know that Booger sucks.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#6 : October 10, 2006, 04:30:17 PM

The reason Lavalais was let go was because the Falcons wanted to roll with Grady Jackson instead. They also have Rod Coleman and Johnathon Babineaux to rush the passer, so Lavalais was expendable.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 10, 2006, 10:12:40 PM

shoot, at this point I'm willing to give Lavalais mother a shot! 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 10, 2006, 10:16:27 PM

I wouldn't mind it.  They could dump Booger next year, and not really worry about things getting worse with him there.  Booger is about as abysmal as it gets.  So maybe Lavalais is an upgrade, even if in minute proportions.

But you wouldn't have to pay him 7 million a year either, sooo....

I think Wyms eats up a large contract as well...what a bummer.

Anything is worth a gamble right about now.  Booger is not going to burst out of his "shell" suddenly.  What you are all witnessing is what Booger is all about.  Booger indeed.

12-4Bucs

Second String

#9 : October 11, 2006, 01:07:00 AM

umm...give booger lil more rest between the snaps....send him in fresh and put a heater under the bench where he sittin

try any thing at this time

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 11, 2006, 01:13:10 AM

umm...give booger lil more rest between the snaps....send him in fresh and put a heater under the bench where he sittin

try any thing at this time

You mean "light a fire under his a$$?"

Yeah, I agree.  BUt the guy makes too much money to give a crap.  He is dreaming of playing golf, as we speak.

The guy is a Olympic gold medalist CHUMP. 

He should concentrate on lifting some weights, training properly, and acting like he gives  damn.  He has played too many games to be doing nothing.

I hope NO team resigns him, and his memory fades away.  Appearances on The Best Damn....have obviously clouded his reality.  The bottom line is simple:  Booger Sucks.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What about Chad Lavalais DT? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools