Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Garcia get back to 100% before were in a hole? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Sactobuc

Starter

: August 15, 2008, 06:57:19 PM

I am beginning to worry a little bit about Garcia not taking reps during pre-season  ???, and only because I know every QB has their "Get back to rhythm" period where they work on timing and simply just arent connecting well with their receivers.  Sure he's throwing the ball to Galloway, but since there's gonna be three to four more receivers on the field during live action, what's his timing going to be like if he's not practicing with the 1st teram offense?

I would not like to see the Bucs open the regular season 0-3 waiting for Garcia to get his rhythm with his receivers, IF he can.

Just a little concern of mine....

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#1 : August 15, 2008, 07:01:18 PM

Why would he have to get in rhythm with them? They're the same receivers running the same playbook they ran last year.

When you're a veteran in the same system, do you really need preseason? no lol.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

buc5win

Starter

#2 : August 15, 2008, 07:09:23 PM

it doesnt matter he will get hurt again within 2 - 3 weeks of his return

Sactobuc

Starter

#3 : August 15, 2008, 07:10:35 PM

Is he practicing with the 1st team or not?  I've heard NOT.

And yes you do need it, this is only his 2nd year with the team, and if we're flirting with new starters at WR, then YES he needs rhythm.  Not to mention, the new additions to the OL need to know how their QB stes up, what his scramble tactics are, and all this requires time together.  

And from what I'm hearing he's not getting the time with anyone except Galloway.

Feel like you will, and if he comes out smokin' then I had no reason to worry, but until he proves me different, I'm gonna have concerns.....

Not to mention Bennett and Dunn didn't play much with him last year.....

....and remember......

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Sactobuc

Starter

#4 : August 15, 2008, 07:14:09 PM

it doesnt matter he will get hurt again within 2 - 3 weeks of his return

Ha, you may be right.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#5 : August 15, 2008, 07:43:55 PM

Is he practicing with the 1st team or not? �I've heard NOT.

And yes you do need it, this is only his 2nd year with the team, and if we're flirting with new starters at WR, then YES he needs rhythm. �Not to mention, the new additions to the OL need to know how their QB stes up, what his scramble tactics are, and all this requires time together. �

And from what I'm hearing he's not getting the time with anyone except Galloway.

Feel like you will, and if he comes out smokin' then I had no reason to worry, but until he proves me different, I'm gonna have concerns.....

Not to mention Bennett and Dunn didn't play much with him last year.....

....and remember......

New starters at WR...? Every WR who has a shot to see significant playing time, sans Bryant, was here all of last year with Garcia.

There's a reason vets usually see very little training camp and preseason.. this is the stuff created back when being in the NFL was your second job. There's no need to spend months getting back into playing shape when you're in shape 365.

Look around the league every year and see how many of the proven players sit out or having mysterious nagging injuries that last just long enough to be used sparingly before the season.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

The Q

Pro Bowler

#6 : August 16, 2008, 10:35:29 AM

Garcia will be fine. They have 2 more games after tomorrow. Plus all the practice time. The timing for Garcia will be there.
The Bucs still have to determine WHO the WRs are going to be.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 16, 2008, 10:40:28 AM

Guess the OTA's counted for nothing? He was in em all.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 17, 2008, 12:00:03 PM

BOO I hate Garcia....BOOO....

Come on everyone...as soon as Garcia plays his first home game..let's all show him our support with a big fat..."BOOOOOOOO"

Sactobuc

Starter

#9 : August 20, 2008, 04:01:55 PM

Guess the OTA's counted for nothing? He was in em all.

I'd have to say not as much as playing time in live action, with real tackles and pressure from opponents.

I believe that OTA's are helpful, but missing valuable practice time and rhythm with your receivers and their speed and cuts isn't.... that's all..

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 20, 2008, 04:08:58 PM

Let's send Garcia to Minny or KC for a pick

Sactobuc

Starter

#11 : August 20, 2008, 04:09:52 PM

[quote author=Magnaccia

New starters at WR...? Every WR who has a shot to see significant playing time, sans Bryant, was here all of last year with Garcia.

There's a reason vets usually see very little training camp and preseason.. this is the stuff created back when being in the NFL was your second job. There's no need to spend months getting back into playing shape when you're in shape 365.

Look around the league every year and see how many of the proven players sit out or having mysterious nagging injuries that last just long enough to be used sparingly before the season.

"Was your 2nd job"  not that way anymore as I see it.  Every player either gets better or worse / faster or slower in & out of their cuts, this cannot be overlooked as you may wish to.  How many players do you know of that have played on our roster "with" Garcia that have stayed consistent year after year, just curious..

MBF

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 20, 2008, 07:31:36 PM

BOO I hate Garcia....BOOO....

Come on everyone...as soon as Garcia plays his first home game..let's all show him our support with a big fat..."BOOOOOOOO"

I wouldn't condone booing any of our players but he really should be working to get the fans back on his side, after threatening to retire on us in the off-season.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 20, 2008, 07:45:50 PM

I wouldn't condone booing any of our players but he really should be working to get the fans back on his side, after threatening to retire on us in the off-season.

Just as a point of clarification, Garcia was talking about the possibility of retirement for the 2009 season, not this season. He has always intended to play in 2008.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 20, 2008, 07:58:47 PM

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/06/04/garcia-hints-he-could-quit/

Sounds like he was talking about this season. Either way, that crap doesn't work and the fans shouldn't stand for it.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Garcia get back to 100% before were in a hole? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools