Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Garcia get back to 100% before were in a hole? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 20, 2008, 08:06:22 PM

It may sound that way, but he was indeed talking about retiring after this season. He wants to finish his career here and is looking for a contract that will ensure that, he's not enamored with the idea of having to find another team in 2009 if he wants to continue playing.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 21, 2008, 01:34:24 AM

I miss Dalbucs inputs.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 21, 2008, 08:53:50 AM

Using that logic, New England and Indianapolis are cooked.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 21, 2008, 09:16:06 AM

In 2004, we started out 0-4
In 2006, we started out 0-4
In 2008, ….do you see a trend here?

I think we will know after the first 3 weeks to tell you the truth.  Losing on the road to the Saints, I could understand, but if we lose at home to possibly the worst team in the league in Atlanta or on the road to Chicago who has Kyle Orton at QB, I would think our expectations for the season should be lowered significantly, like to being happy with a 4-5 win season.

If we don’t start at least 2-1, we could play the “what if” game, but we should seriously worry.  I know it’s immature to say something like that considering it will be just 3 weeks into the season, but let’s be real with ourselves.

I think Garcia needs to get at least a half this Saturday, maybe more.  We don’t need the rust getting shaken off in the regular season.  We need it now and the Saints offense appears to be in mid-season form, so as I think our D can handle them; I still think our O will need to put some points on the board and Garcia needs to be in game shape.

I am not too worried because Garcia is a veteran, but what I am worried about is Garcia being on a short leash.  I doubt he could be on a shorter leash than Brad was in 2004, but if he is, I don’t like the sound of that with mistake prone QBs behind him.  They showed in pre-season that they can be decent, but we don’t need another QB carousal.

Sactobuc

Starter

#19 : August 22, 2008, 01:26:11 PM

Badabing!!!!

That’s the kind of response I was hoping to get out of the forum, something logical but not over the top.  I posted a very simple question and without forecast or judgment, your response was supported, and your theories of possibilities are well within reason.

I too hope to see Garcia an entire half, it may help to settle my concerns if he shows strength, accuracy, and endurance on that leg.  Not too sure Garcia will be on a short leash during regular season if your talking about play calling, but I would understand some vanilla this weekend.

What concerns me most is the leg, is it minor or major?  His best attribute is the ability to scramble, and if he can't get over the hump on this leg injury it don’t look good for the season, in my opinion.  Yes we have serviceable backups, but can they successfully carry the load is a huge concern for me. 

We'll see soon enough, but forgive me for being concerned about our teams performance when injuries have held us back before.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 22, 2008, 01:42:51 PM

Why would he have to get in rhythm with them? They're the same receivers running the same playbook they ran last year.

And last year was a huge success, huh?

I think you answered your own question.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 22, 2008, 01:46:44 PM

I miss Dalbucs inputs.

I emailed him about Favre a few weeks ago and while we sent back and forth I tried to get him back on here.

Needless to say no go, he's not coming back

Sactobuc

Starter

#22 : September 07, 2008, 06:22:53 PM

BUMP!

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 07, 2008, 06:45:17 PM

Garcia is a 100%.  This is what you get.

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 07, 2008, 07:12:49 PM

Garcia is a 100%.  This is what you get.
I disagree !! He did not look this bad in all of last year.. More money please !!

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 07, 2008, 07:16:16 PM

I say boo the coach if he sticks with Garcia much longer. This is supposed to be a veteran QB who has no need for excuses. For three quarters of play he can't sustain a drive. Spot most QBs 50 yards and they will at least threaten to score. Garcia picks that moment to force a throw into double coverage for an interception to lose the game. Our Defense is going to have to play much better than they did today if Garcia is our QB. Way too many throws off the mark.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#26 : September 07, 2008, 07:17:57 PM

Can Garcia get back to 100% before were in a hole?

We are in a hole. The entire division is undefeated, and we are winless in last place.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 07, 2008, 07:32:52 PM

We are in a hole. The entire division is undefeated, and we are winless in last place.

Garcia was pretty much as healthy as he'll be all season today, but he definitely wasn't 100% in terms of being in sync with the offense. I hope a week of practice will rectify that.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#28 : September 07, 2008, 07:35:05 PM

Garcia was pretty much as healthy as he'll be all season today, but he definitely wasn't 100% in terms of being in sync with the offense. I hope a week of practice will rectify that.
A lot of dumb people picked the Saints to win right Patrik?

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#29 : September 07, 2008, 07:44:33 PM

ok come on guys. We almost won that game. It wasnt just Garcia. If the defense stops the saints, we win the game imo. The defense and the offense has work they have to do. IMO the saints put together a good gameplan and we werent ready for it. We started 0-1 last year and we looked worse in that opener last year. So its not the end of the world guys. I hate how this board just always thinks the worst after we lose a game. If we win next game we are 1-1 and we still have lots of games to play. So lets just hope these guys can turn it around. In my eyes Garcia needs to shake out of that rust and the defense needs to get some better coverage going and where was anybody on shockey today? They are all fixable problems. Oh and remember this last time we lost to the saints in the opener what happened? Just sayin anything can happen.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Garcia get back to 100% before were in a hole? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools