Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where is the value in Free Agency « previous next »
Page: 1

smma

Second String

: December 21, 2006, 04:57:49 PM

The best players are definately on defense.

DE - Dwight Freeney, Justin Smith, Dewayne White
LB - Lance Briggs, Na'il Diggs, Cato June, Adalius Thomas
DB - Nate Clements, Asante Samuel, Ken Hamlin

There is very little on offense that will help this team.
That's why I would like to see an offensive player with the first round (Joe Thomas would be nice) over say a Gaines Adams.
Unfortunately Thomas may not be there at 3.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 21, 2006, 05:00:46 PM

Freeney is going to get franchised.  Briggs will too (IMO).  The Bills promised Clements that they would not 'chise him again this year, but they have new coach in town, and a playoff glimmer.  I think the Pats resign Samuel, they have the money to do so, and need to resign some of the guys that are productive.  Some moves I can see being made, but I think Samuel is a keeper.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 22, 2006, 12:43:33 AM

Many would be so called good or great selections.

The key is to spend the money wisely and not too much cap on any one person, who just might be a flop.

Wishing in nice, but just because we have some good cap room available, that doesn't mean we have to spend it all on FA.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#3 : December 21, 2006, 05:59:49 PM

Hamlin probably would be a good pickup, so would clement and june

oh and i think DeWayne white will resign with the bucs

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 21, 2006, 06:15:53 PM

Cato June would be nice

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

#5 : December 22, 2006, 03:40:39 AM

Exactly. You pick and choose in FA, you go with best player available in the draft. You have to remember those 2 things, or you could wrongly assess something. WIth this said, I think the ideal offseaosn would be adding Matt Schaub, Chris SImms, Matt Bryant, Drew Bennett, Adalius Thomas, Dewayne White, Nick Harper, young FA DT with upside, and Gibril WIlson. Draft LT Joe Thomas in round 1. Draft a LB at the top of round 2 (Preferably Buster Davis or Rufus Alexander). Draft Brian Leonard round 2. Draft a DT or DE in round 3. Possibly trade Simeon Rice for 3rd round pick if at all possible

smma

Second String

#6 : December 22, 2006, 07:21:28 AM

I like Cato if you think he can play SS until Brooks retires. He will come at a big price and will not be a backup. He will need to start somewhere.  He's too small to play the strong side LB.
Justin Smith replaces Simeon. There is no way Simeon comes back with that monster cap hit. He refused to renegotiate lthis season. What makes you think he will next?
A DT I like is Brandon Mebane from Cal. He dropped a little this season but was terrific in 2005. He could give us that push up the middle that allows our ends to make plays again.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 22, 2006, 07:45:55 AM

Offense - Drew Bennett, Bryant Johnson, Tony Gonzalez, Sean O'Hara could all help this team.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 22, 2006, 08:57:08 AM

Hey I saw a guy play last night and no idea he was a FA. Colin Jenkins (kris jenkins bro). He had 3 sacks last week and was all over the joint last night. He would be a great target in FA, however the pack has tons of cash and they have a really young defense and he is a guy that I'm sure they would like to keep Jenkins in the fold. However if he is willing to look around I would really like to bring him in. He has really come on this year and would be a great FA acquisition at DT. Keep an eye on that kid.

Baghead #2

Shag

Pro Bowler

#9 : December 22, 2006, 10:03:45 AM

Not a big time free agent, but maybe Jordan Black. He is young and has starting experience. With the coaching he has got from the Chiefs, maybe he can teach our OL how to play. I know somebody has to.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where is the value in Free Agency « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools