Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joey Galloway pick then trade strategy « previous next »
Page: 1

kmitchell

Starter

: August 17, 2008, 06:26:12 PM

I'm pretty sure every Buccaneer fan knows that Galloway destroys the Saints every time they meet. I doubt many other NFL fans know that. I thought it would be smart to get Galloway in the 5th-6th round of my 14 team draft, then watch him get his 150 yards and a TD in Week 1. When NFL Network shows highlights of Galloway burning the Saints secondary, Galloways trade stock can get you something good.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 19, 2008, 09:20:13 AM

Not going to lie, but most people know that Galloway is 150 yards one week and 7 yards the next.  He should not be a starter for you, but if you are in a 14 team league, I suppose he is a solid #3 for you.  Don’t over pick him and the only Buccaneer you should warrant picking is Tampa Bay DEF later on.  They are solid and unless your in a draft full with Buc Fans, should be on the board late.

Graham will split carries with Dunn and see Bennett get some.  I doubt he duplicates that 10 TD performance, but will still be a solid #3 back for fantasy.  Garcia may toss between 16-20 TDs this year, but I wouldn’t draft him.  If he starts off hot you can probably pick him up.

IF YOUR in a draft full with Buc Fans, let them overpick the Bucs.  I love the Bucs, but we are a fantasy disaster.  Stay away and don’t think that Galloways trade value will go up, you’ll end up being stuck with him.

kmitchell

Starter

#2 : August 19, 2008, 12:04:02 PM

You aren't high on Graham this year? I don't think he will get that many yards because split carries, but I think he is going to get almost every rushing touchdown. Dunn and Bennett are to weak to pound it in at the goal line. I think Dunn will have about 4 td's probably all of receptions. I would bet Bennett would have 3 or so TD's on long runs. I still wouldn't be surprised to see Graham get 10+ again.

Who on the Saints and Falcons can cover Galloway? I would bet by the end of week 2, Galloway would have 200+ Receiving yards, and 2+ TD's. Hopefully that would be enough to warrant a trade for Brandon Marshall, Steve Smith, etc.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 19, 2008, 04:11:28 PM

Nobody is going to give you Steve Smith straight up for Galloway unless he has maybe 300-350 yards after 2 weeks.

I’d expect Galloway to have about 200 yards after those first 2 games, but that isn’t going to be enough for trade value.

I tend to stay away from Bucs because I don’t want to draft with my heart, so even if we had Peyton Manning, I’d probably pass on him.

I just get their D all the time because I can get them late.(I live in New Jersey, so no Buc Fans will jump on them)
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joey Galloway pick then trade strategy « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools