Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Art Shell is on the outs « previous next »
Page: 1 2

« : December 21, 2006, 11:51:01 PM »

I'd rather not see the 'Art Shell' face after QB gets killed.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #1 : December 21, 2006, 11:49:16 PM »

SO I think Oakland may actually have a worse OL than we do and we want to bring Shell in here?

shall555

Starter

« #2 : December 21, 2006, 06:50:48 PM »

According to Adam Shefter, Shell is hitting the bricks when the season is over. Anybody interested in hiring Shell to coach our OL? He could team up with Kromer and get these guys up to speed. Yes, he's another Raider reject, but at least, he's good at coaching OL. Better than Muir.

« #3 : December 21, 2006, 06:52:34 PM »

Someone threw that idea out a while ago. I'd definitely be in favor of seeing Shell coach our O-line.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #4 : December 21, 2006, 06:55:01 PM »

Someone threw that idea out a while ago. I'd definitely be in favor of seeing Shell coach our O-line.

You are really in favor of pretty much anyone but Muir coaching them at this point I'd guess. That's about where I am.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Booger

Starter

« #5 : December 21, 2006, 07:02:05 PM »

Too bad they put a stop to teams trading coaches for compensation.  I would trade Gruden back to the Raiders for two 1sts and two 2nds.  Al Davis has admitted that he would love Gruden back.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #6 : December 21, 2006, 07:33:56 PM »

What is Shell's relationship with Gruden, if any?

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

« #7 : December 21, 2006, 07:35:07 PM »

How bout having him coach the WR's

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #8 : December 21, 2006, 07:35:56 PM »

Too bad they put a stop to teams trading coaches for compensation. I would trade Gruden back to the Raiders for two 1sts and two 2nds. Al Davis has admitted that he would love Gruden back.
Even as a Gruden backer I would do that.  The importance of having your draft picks may be as important as the head coach.  That is one lesson learned from the Gruden era (still in progress).

Note to Bucs self:  Don't trade your draft picks to get a head coach.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #9 : December 21, 2006, 07:38:59 PM »

Too bad they put a stop to teams trading coaches for compensation. I would trade Gruden back to the Raiders for two 1sts and two 2nds. Al Davis has admitted that he would love Gruden back.
Even as a Gruden backer I would do that.  The importance of having your draft picks may be as important as the head coach.  That is one lesson learned from the Gruden era (still in progress).

Note to Bucs self: Don't trade your draft picks to get a head coach.

note to self: if you know you'll win a SB, you sure as hell trade your draft picks for a coach.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #10 : December 21, 2006, 07:41:30 PM »

Yes.  OK.  One time.  Once is enough.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #11 : December 21, 2006, 07:55:16 PM »

Plus, you know Gruden would love to stick it to the cryptkeeper one more time by having Shell come to Tampa and be successful.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #12 : December 21, 2006, 07:59:12 PM »

I don't think that would be Shell's attitude.  He's loyal to the Raiders even if he gets fired twice.

« #13 : December 21, 2006, 08:50:29 PM »

You are really in favor of pretty much anyone but Muir coaching them at this point I'd guess. That's about where I am.

Amen Dal.  Personally, I hope to God Jon is retained, and further hope that Muir is handed his pink slip.

As for Shell, he took that job out of a bit of loyalty to Al Davis.  Sadly, Davis will not share similar loyalty in return.  Even sadder is that Vince Lombardi himself could not coach up that group.  As bad as the Bucs have been this year, the Raiders are worse off than we are.

shall555

Starter

« #14 : December 21, 2006, 09:28:36 PM »

Amen Dal. Personally, I hope to God Jon is retained, and further hope that Muir is handed his pink slip.

As for Shell, he took that job out of a bit of loyalty to Al Davis. Sadly, Davis will not share similar loyalty in return. Even sadder is that Vince Lombardi himself could not coach up that group. As bad as the Bucs have been this year, the Raiders are worse off than we are.

Even sadder than that! Shell quit his job as an NFL Senior Vice President of League Operations to coach the Raiders. I think he was one of the top 5 people in the league offices!
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Art Shell is on the outs « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools