Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Art Shell is on the outs « previous next »
Page: 1 2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 22, 2006, 07:18:00 AM

SO I think Oakland may actually have a worse OL than we do and we want to bring Shell in here?

That mess is not Shells' and Slaters' fault though.

That o-line is in shambles becuase Kromer and Callahan left.  Ditch Muir and go with Shell and/or Kromer and I would be a happy camper.

#16 : December 22, 2006, 08:20:52 AM

And just think....they have the big pick of Gallery n the draft a few seasons back.  Goes to show that the draft is a crapshoot because Gallery was very highly touted.

Warhorse

Second String

#17 : December 22, 2006, 08:25:07 AM

I hope they don't fire Art. He has their defense playing pretty well.

They need a QB. Both their QB's are disasters. I would get Troy Smith in a hurry.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 22, 2006, 04:46:32 PM

I hope they don't fire Art. He has their defense playing pretty well.

They need a QB. Both their QB's are disasters. I would get Troy Smith in a hurry.

They'll take Brady Quinn... and I think he'll be a bust... The Raiders are just doomed man.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 22, 2006, 05:14:52 PM

That mess is not Shells' and Slaters' fault though.

Shell has to take a bullet for that line because it wasn't this stinky last season, it went from bad to awful really fast.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 22, 2006, 05:21:09 PM

I would take absolutely anyone over Muir.   The OL coach for pretty much any high school in the usa would likely be an upgrade.   

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 22, 2006, 06:41:34 PM

Shell was dragged out of retirement or the scrap heap, maybe a little of both.  I imagine he will go back to whichever one you want to say he came from.  I don't think he will be an assistant coach any time soon.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 23, 2006, 12:20:23 AM

Too bad they put a stop to teams trading coaches for compensation. I would trade Gruden back to the Raiders for two 1sts and two 2nds. Al Davis has admitted that he would love Gruden back.
Even as a Gruden backer I would do that.  The importance of having your draft picks may be as important as the head coach.  That is one lesson learned from the Gruden era (still in progress).

Note to Bucs self:  Don't trade your draft picks to get a head coach.

if you ask the raiders, they'd probably give the picks back and keep gruden if they had to do it again...those draft picks did nada for them, and they haven't had a coach anywhere near as good as gruden since he left....

as badly as losing the draft picks hurt us, losing gruden hurt the raiders home.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 23, 2006, 12:24:07 AM

Art Smell is a horrible coach.  No way I would be happy with this guy on the roster.  No way.

He preaches all this Raider toughness, and am not the one to endorse this guy.  He was hired again, and now will be fired again.  Man, Al Davis is a giant loser.  He has gone more senile than a senile man should be allowed to be.  Davis sucks.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 23, 2006, 12:39:23 AM

Gruden knew enough to get the heck out of there.  I don't think any coach could work miracles with that team when the guy picking the players is half senile.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 23, 2006, 12:44:31 AM

Gruden knew enough to get the heck out of there. I don't think any coach could work miracles with that team when the guy picking the players is half senile.

Half?  He is full bore, balls to the wall, rock and roll all night Senile.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Art Shell is on the outs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools