Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinskas: Gruden says starting QB not settled « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 18, 2008, 11:18:22 AM

a New England team that wasnt trying to win a bad as the Bucs were trying.

It only seemed that way because Belichick was so drastically outcoached.

Nice.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler

#16 : August 18, 2008, 11:24:57 AM

garcia is miscalculating if he thinks he can outmuscle gruden. he should read the notes from the keyshawn and keenan handbook .. things don't work out, no matter how much of a rock star you think you are.

38 year old, midget QBs with diminishing zip don't have any leverage. get right or get the hell out.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#17 : August 18, 2008, 11:26:20 AM

garcia is miscalculating if he thinks he can outmuscle gruden. he should read the notes from the keyshawn and keenan handbook .. things don't work out, no matter how much of a rock star you think you are.

38 year old, midget QBs with diminishing zip don't have any leverage. get right or get the hell out.

or sit on the bench

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 18, 2008, 11:28:47 AM

if belicheck went into a game against the Bucs (without galloway) thinking, "we must take away the deep throws!"  then yes, he was "outcoached".

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 18, 2008, 11:37:04 AM

We've seen Griese before, and know what he's capable of... and its not much other than costly T.Os. Either ride with the probowler in Garcia, or the kid who has a future in McCown.

Where does this notion come from? he's got 27 TDs and 19 INTs playing here, so even if every one of his interceptions went back for a touchdown, he's STILL scored more points than he's cost us.
OMG!!! He scred more points than he cost us?!  I mean, jeeeeez, hes only a starting QB in the NFL, right?!

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#20 : August 18, 2008, 11:41:14 AM

I'm starting to get impatient with Garcia myself. It could be the time to go to McCown. I don't think I would like to see Griese start again. If he was REALLY that great and was the man here he would have come back as the starter instead of Simms. Unfortunately we all know how that turned out.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 18, 2008, 11:46:17 AM

I'm starting to get impatient with Garcia myself. It could be the time to go to McCown. I don't think I would like to see Griese start again. If he was REALLY that great and was the man here he would have come back as the starter instead of Simms. Unfortunately we all know how that turned out.

I would venture to guess that if Garcia doesn't start, Griese will.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 18, 2008, 11:48:21 AM

I think the reason would be because you haven't seen Garcia run the O this year. He'll be back in action on Tuesday and will play the next game, I would hold off judgement until then. Garcia, IMO, is still the best option at QB. It doesn't hurt to have these behind him though.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#23 : August 18, 2008, 11:48:46 AM

well that was an easy decision for the bucs at that time. Do you give the young qb the extension who took us to the playoffs or do you give the injured older qb the extension?

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 18, 2008, 11:50:03 AM

Garcia and Simms seemed to be getting along swimmingly last night...let's hope they're not both in the same mental state...

T

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 18, 2008, 11:55:43 AM

People seem to forget that Greise was very productive with us. He seemed alot more comfortable in the pocket last  night than luke did. Greise can make the safe throws and the deep throws to Galloway(if he gets on the field) so I'm confident with either Garcia or Greise starting not so much with McCown cus it seems like he holds onto the ball too long.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 18, 2008, 11:55:49 AM

did you call Garcia a midget?  Isn't he 6'1?  Unless you mean mental midget...

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 18, 2008, 11:58:03 AM

Simms had a contract. If the Bucs had the cap space, Griese would have stayed here.

Cut/trade Garcia. Start Griese. Gradually make a transition to McCown over the course of the season. A better W/L record this year and next.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 18, 2008, 11:58:55 AM

People seem to forget that Greise was very productive with us. He seemed alot more comfortable in the pocket last night than luke did. Greise can make the safe throws and the deep throws to Galloway(if he gets on the field) so I'm confident with either Garcia or Greise starting not so much with McCown cus it seems like he holds onto the ball too long.

What you call comfortable, some call "Captain Checkdown"...Luke made plays that are going to stretch a defense and keep them honest and you have to wait for those plays to develop...I thought both guys played "their game" last night and played it well so it's hard for detractors to make their case on either side...

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#29 : August 18, 2008, 12:00:20 PM

::)
I don't think that you understand the difference between the preseason and regular season.

The ONLY way that Garcia is not the starter is if he's hurt.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinskas: Gruden says starting QB not settled « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools