Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinskas: Gruden says starting QB not settled « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#45 : August 18, 2008, 01:20:12 PM

If there is one stat that will keep a qb afloat it is wins. LOL

Doesn't seem like it.

When he's helping in the wins, it's a good thing. When we're winning in spite of him, not so much....

We can agree that wins and losses are pretty important? 

It seems to me the only stats folks are impressed with involves his passing and tds, winning games is the measure of a team and a qb. 

Bears won quite a few games with Orton at the helm.  You want him here?

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#46 : August 18, 2008, 02:19:17 PM

Yasinkas' comments smack of pot-stirring. Gruden "implied"? What the hell kind of reporting is that? All I heard Gruden say was that McCown and Griese had been getting starter's reps in camp. IMO, that a pretty big stretch from using the word "starter" to reporting that he "implied" anything beyond the facts of the current situation. 

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#47 : August 18, 2008, 02:21:51 PM

Orton has upside and hasn't leveled off yet, so he would be an interesting addition.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#48 : August 18, 2008, 02:37:36 PM

We've seen Griese before, and know what he's capable of... and its not much other than costly T.Os. Either ride with the probowler in Garcia, or the kid who has a future in McCown.

Where does this notion come from? he's got 27 TDs and 19 INTs playing here, so even if every one of his interceptions went back for a touchdown, he's STILL scored more points than he's cost us.
OMG!!! He scred more points than he cost us?!  I mean, jeeeeez, hes only a starting QB in the NFL, right?!

So I guess he offers a little more than costly turn overs, huh now?

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#49 : August 18, 2008, 03:54:10 PM

We've seen Griese before, and know what he's capable of... and its not much other than costly T.Os. Either ride with the probowler in Garcia, or the kid who has a future in McCown.

Where does this notion come from? he's got 27 TDs and 19 INTs playing here, so even if every one of his interceptions went back for a touchdown, he's STILL scored more points than he's cost us.
OMG!!! He scred more points than he cost us?! I mean, jeeeeez, hes only a starting QB in the NFL, right?!

So I guess he offers a little more than costly turn overs, huh now?
did you read Caradoc's post?  The only thing Griese offers is headaches and heartbrake

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#50 : August 19, 2008, 11:46:18 AM

Griese had 9 completions for 44 yds, a 4.8 yd avg.  This may work in the first drive but not over the course of a game.  He has not shown the ability to go downfield yet in a pre-season game or when I was at TC.  Until  he can successfully go downfield I don't think he's winning the 2nd QB spot.  If Griese has no success the rest of pre-season going downfield, IMO he will not be #2.  I also think McCown is trying to match Griese pass for pass and it's keepin' him from playing his game, which is looking deep first not second.  I look for McCown to hit some deep passes against Jax and make this a very tough decision.  Griese dosen't even seem to look deep, that's why he looks so "in control" in the pocket. He knows he checkin' down so he's really not even lookin' to throw deep which, IMO make him appear more calm.  By contrast, McCown is definitely looking to go downfield.

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#51 : August 19, 2008, 03:27:36 PM

I didn't want to say anything for fear of the Griese haters but the other night made me think the same thing...griese could be #1, especially if Garthia doesn't get healthy real quick.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yasinskas: Gruden says starting QB not settled « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools