Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFC South Prediction Tournament Results- Week Thirteen « previous next »
Page: 1

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
: December 22, 2006, 12:37:51 AM

Rev,

I think my count is incorrect.

Poppi and I have picked every week (which is 52 games so far- 13 weeks with 1 week Thanksgiving, when no predictions were up to select). My count only comes to
44. It would appear 2 weeks are missing.

Uncle Stan

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 21, 2006, 10:29:18 PM

If I start picking now and correctly pick 65% or so, do I win?

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 21, 2006, 10:25:55 PM

Doesn't senor d'ray have the highest % and most wins? What's the argument here....

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 21, 2006, 10:15:57 PM

did you say at the beginning of the season that the champ would be based on % not total wins?

If so, then I have no arguement, but I don't remember seeing that rule anyplace.

Maybe we need to take a poll for those who have played listing the options and voting.

Only seems fair to have those who participated be the ones to decide the champion...

revfish1

Rookie

#4 : December 21, 2006, 09:37:36 PM

Sorry this is a day late...the Board was giving me trouble, either that or the internet dial-up connection.

Congratulations to BucsnBulsBaby for pulling out a 4-0 to take the weekly title.

As for the seasonal champ title, talk about neck and neck.  Currently Senor D-Ray has regained the title with a 29-18-1 record (61.4% pick percentage), with nickerson56  in second and a 21-14-1 record (59.7% pick percentage). 

If I made any mistakes here, please let me know.  Thanks.

Seasonal Champion: Senor D'Ray (29-18-1) (3-1)

Weekly Title Holder:  BucsnBullsBaby (4-0) (19-32-1)

3-1:
replica (19-28-1)
BucnGator (19-28-1)
Uncle Stan (20-31-1)

2-2:
Scott Reynolds (24-23-1)
Jim Flynn (17-30-1)
nickerson56 (21-14-1)
Poppi the Wonder Dog (28-23-1)
Turbo (27-24-1)
BcBob (24-23-1)
matthewbug (22-22)
Grudenfan63 (14-15-1)
revfish (23-28-1)
CP24 (19-24-1)
sandiegobuc (19-32-1)
BucNut (16-27-1)
bucfan4ever (6-10)

1-3:
JavaBuc (22-25-1)   
miamicanes (10-25-1)

revfish1

Rookie

#5 : December 21, 2006, 10:13:30 PM

While I am open to others' point of view, the bottom line is that I am not penalizing anyone.  1) You have had to play a significant number of weeks to become the champ AND continue to be a regular participant; 2) If you pick and you pick well, you are rewarded.  If you pick poorly, you slip.  If you don't, you are at other people's mercy.

There is no one right way to do this.  There are simply several different options, and this is the one that I chose.  You obviously would have done it a different way, and that's okay.  There is merit to what you say.  That does not mean, however, that there is not some merit to where I am coming from.

I regret it if this upsets others as well (especially you D' Ray), but I still think this is a fair option (even though there are others), and I don't remember a lot of offers in helping keep up with the standings and on ways to choose the season champion when the season began.

I am willing to listen to people, to explain where I am coming from, and will change my mind when I think someone's counter point is more persuasive.  I just feel that this is the right way to go right now.  Unless there is a large number of people who say I am being unfair (that my position has no merit), I don't know how to be more clear than I am. 

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 21, 2006, 09:39:33 PM

seasonal champ should go on number of wins.  You can't penalize someone who has picked every week and has the highest number of wins.  That just isn't fair.  If someone forgot to make their picks one week, that is their problem, you are penalizing the REAL champion.

nickerson56

Starter
#7 : December 22, 2006, 03:06:47 AM

disclaimer - interested party

if no rule was made at the beginning and the person who runs the tournament (an uninterested party) forms a rule that obviously needed to be addressed, whats the harm?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 22, 2006, 09:46:57 AM

if no rule was made at the beginning and the person who runs the tournament (an uninterested party) forms a rule that obviously needed to be addressed, whats the harm?

says the guy who is in 2nd place and the one who has not picked all the weeks...

*sigh*

#9 : December 22, 2006, 12:30:08 PM

I always thought it was by total wins until last week. None the less I won't worry about it, I'm in the driver's seat and I'll just make sure to go 8-0 :)

revfish1

Rookie

#10 : December 22, 2006, 02:47:47 PM

Uncle St an:  good news/bad news.

Good news is that I went back and got your record correct.   The bad news is that your win total went down by one.  Last week I had you at 17-20-1 instead of 17-30-1, and originally gave you a win and a loss to get the numbers on track. 

The bright side of things is that if you go 8-0 these last two weeks and Poppi goes 0-8...your dog can still pick games as well as you can   :o   
then again, Poppi is also smarter than I am in this regard.     ;)

nickerson56

Starter
#11 : December 22, 2006, 06:09:57 PM

says the guy who is in 2nd place and the one who has not picked all the weeks...

*sigh*

Thats what the DISCLAIMER was for...

BucsNBullsBaby

Second String

#12 : December 22, 2006, 06:21:42 PM

All this clamoring over the winner.  Really now, we all know that the most important week was this past one.  I think the weekly winner from that tough week should be crowned...

#13 : December 22, 2006, 06:23:57 PM

All this clamoring over the winner. Really now, we all know that the most important week was this past one. I think the weekly winner from that tough week should be crowned...

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 23, 2006, 09:16:26 AM

JMO,

It would appear to me that Rev is the one who takes the time each week to provide us with this popular series.

What ever method he chooses to determine the winner is the way it is going to be. Its his thread.

On the other side it would have been nice if the method he is using now had been known from the beginning. It really make no difference as of this week because Senor wins either way.

There is a lot to be said on either method.

I have enjoyed the fun in posting on this thread ever since Rev started this. Remember this isn't the first year.

I might suggest that next year (and hopefully Rev will do it again) that the method to be used would be posted weekly and that the number of games required to qualify would also be posted.

Thanks Rev for the enjoyment and its unfortunate with all your effort to provide us with this fun, that this situation developed. Maybe, just maybe, the timing was bad.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFC South Prediction Tournament Results- Week Thirteen « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools