Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How can we get Laron Landry on the Bucs next year?? « previous next »
Page: 1

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

: December 22, 2006, 02:47:47 AM

6'1 220 Laron Landry. LSU Tigers...   Shouldn't he be off being a multi millionaire. The senior is among the nation's best defensive backs all season long, and should be a 1st round draft pick next year..

He has the perfect combination of Nfl size,speed,and a highlight reel, with hitters ability..

Since many believe we need a starting strong safety to go along Barber and Kelly can we get him?

I would love to move down to say like picks 8-12 and get an extra 2nd round pick and grab him..

Most likely we would have to get the best DE in FA for me to do this, as I think we need to go DE with our 1st pick, if we don't get a really good one in FA..

Comments???

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

#1 : December 22, 2006, 03:33:37 AM

Personally Id much rather pick someone else 8-12 and take Brandon Meriweather at the top of round 2. IMO Meriweather is the best safety in the country, and will be the best pro

smma

Second String

#2 : December 22, 2006, 07:10:26 AM

Safety is deep this year.
You've got Josh Gattis, who was the best defensive player on a remarkable Wake Forest team, that could be available 2b or 3.

T

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 22, 2006, 08:00:35 AM

We will most likely have a Top 3 pick and will pick offense yet again and rebuild the defense through free agency. Since there is very little offensive free agent talent out there.

#4 : December 22, 2006, 08:48:03 AM

We would be better off taking Merriweather in R2.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 22, 2006, 08:54:31 AM

We don't draft safeties early!

OOPS, that is our problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jk

Landry is a stud, no question and IMHO the best safety in the country, bar-none. Merriweather is very good too but Laundry is a more bluechip prospect IMO.

The guy that I have targetted is Aaron Rouse from Virginia Tech and he will be lurking around in R2. Rouse is 6'3 215lbs a converted LB out of HS. He is fast as hell and a wicked hitter. He will be a sean taylor type of guy in the secondary and he will be around in R2, I would love to have him.

I just don't think we can take laundry without trading back into the first round and if we did that I would think it would be for a QB. Landry is just too good yet is not a top 5 pick so it will be tough to get him, but Rouse would be a great consilation.

Baghead #2
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How can we get Laron Landry on the Bucs next year?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools