Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent Rumors... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: December 22, 2006, 09:01:54 AM

Here are a couple guys that we all knew we were interested in. This is from pro football weekly...

Bucs targeting Freeney?
Dec. 18 With the Buccaneers set to part ways with veteran DE Simeon Rice after the season, the team will likely be in the market for a big-name, high-priced defensive lineman in free agency. One possibility is Freeney, according to Pro Football Weekly. Freeney isn't having a great year, but he's record double-digit sacks in three of his first five seasons.

Clements in Redskins' plans?
Dec. 18 The Redskins will likely ask several veterans -- perhaps CB Shawn Springs, QB Mark Brunell, DE Renaldo Wynn and ORT Jon Jansen -- to redo their deals in order to clear cap space to make a run at some free-agent defenders. The apple of their eye reportedly is Bills CB Nate Clements, writes Pro Football Weekly.

Baghead #2

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 22, 2006, 09:06:56 AM

I think the Bucs will put a full court press on Freeney. It's going to be an all out ball lick fest to grab him. Dude is a faster Rice in his prime. I don't care if he's having a down year, dude is a beast.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 22, 2006, 09:10:51 AM

I agree but I don't know if the Colts can afford to keep him, BUT, maybe they wouldn't be opposed to letting Freeney walk and bring in one of the other FA DE's...

Baghead #2

#3 : December 22, 2006, 09:13:47 AM

They will Franchise him

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 22, 2006, 09:18:17 AM

They will Franchise him
Exactly.

#5 : December 22, 2006, 09:20:17 AM

I just don't like the idea of picking up Freeney...I'm not really sure he'll be franchised, either.  I just think that the Bucs can spend that money more effectively.

If the Bucs do pick him up, he's likely to command somewhere in the neighborhood of $10 million to start.

#6 : December 22, 2006, 09:23:13 AM

Agree that Indy will likely franchise him.  They are still coming up short on the D side of the ball and allowing Freeney to leave would set them back considerably.  Besides, the Colts are similar, albeit on the opposite end of the spectrum, to the 2002 Bucs.  Indy's window is beginning to close somewhat offensively.  Harrison and Manning, despite their continued production, may begin to slide in a couple of years.  Do the Colts really have time to build their D before the O falters?

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 22, 2006, 09:35:55 AM

Lets see what Colts fans think about it.

http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?s=3f3b7da15ac017cc859cf55e1f3a53e9&t=178158

#8 : December 22, 2006, 09:49:23 AM

I'm not a big Freeny fan anyway, we should probably draft a DE in a relatively deep DE draft.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#9 : December 22, 2006, 09:49:41 AM

I would rather draft Gaines Adams than sign Freeney. He could be a better overall player.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 22, 2006, 09:51:27 AM

I would rather draft Gaines Adams than sign Freeney. He could be a better overall player.

Give me both. 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 22, 2006, 09:53:58 AM

Could be is a lot risk vs one of the best pure pass rusher in the game right now.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

#12 : December 22, 2006, 10:05:03 AM

Could be is a lot risk vs one of the best pure pass rusher in the game right now.

I agree...but are you supporting signing Freeney?  Or at least pusuing?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 22, 2006, 10:15:44 AM

I agree...but are you supporting signing Freeney? Or at least pusuing?

He meant risk going after Gaines rather than a proven player in Freeney.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 22, 2006, 11:05:27 AM

I agree...but are you supporting signing Freeney?  Or at least pusuing?

If we can get a shot at him, of course, you have to take a look. We've seen what Rice really meant to this defense and what Rice is a a pass rusher. We need that kind of player so we'd be grossly remiss not to look at Freeny if he's on the market.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent Rumors... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools