Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent Rumors... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#15 : December 22, 2006, 11:28:45 AM

How much cap space do the Colts really have? They have to have a ton tied up with the offensive side of the ball.

Those guys on the Colts forum are talking like they have a ton to spend. Perhaps they don't understand there are some real limits on what teams can spend in free agency, and they may have to let Freeny walk.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 22, 2006, 11:31:04 AM

I would love to have Freeney, but Freeney and Gaines Adams?  That's a bit much.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 22, 2006, 11:34:25 AM

I would love to have Freeney, but Freeney and Gaines Adams?  That's a bit much.

That is the point!  Too much to handle for offensive coordinators if you ask me. 8)

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 22, 2006, 11:35:50 AM

I would love to have Freeney, but Freeney and Gaines Adams?  That's a bit much.

Freeney and Gains would be great, we need a killer D line like the 74 vikings or steelers the more killers up front the better

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 22, 2006, 11:36:33 AM

That's too much invested in one position for a team with the number of holes we have.  If we got Freeney we could not pass on Thomas or Johnson in good conscience.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 22, 2006, 11:38:44 AM

I would love to have Freeney, but Freeney and Gaines Adams? That's a bit much.

Freeney and Gains would be great, we need a killer D line like the 74 vikings or steelers the more killers up front the better

But we'd still have an anemic offense.  Freeney alone is good enough to drastically improve our D.  Freeney and Adams is just an overkill that would set our offense back another 10 years. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 22, 2006, 11:40:43 AM

But we'd still have an anemic offense. 

I disagree.  I do not think the lack of talent is the reason why the offense is anemic or has been the last several years.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 22, 2006, 11:41:26 AM

i see your piont LeeroyBuc, I am just a Deffence type of guy , hell the O has not been much anyway

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 22, 2006, 11:45:42 AM

I disagree. I do not think the lack of talent is the reason why the offense is anemic or has been the last several years.

So you think our offense is going to get better next year by addressing the DE position twice?  I'm not following.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 22, 2006, 11:47:11 AM

I disagree. I do not think the lack of talent is the reason why the offense is anemic or has been the last several years.

So you think our offense is going to get better next year by addressing the DE position twice?  I'm not following.

Yeah but the Bucs also have enough money in free agency and 3 more day one picks to address offense.  I'm not following.  :P Not to mention a lot of young players on offense with promise.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 22, 2006, 11:48:42 AM

the offence will get better with better QB play as we saw when rattay  went in, all we need  is a QB that gets it 70% to 75% and a killer D and we are back in it

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 22, 2006, 11:59:14 AM

So you think our offense is going to get better next year by addressing the DE position twice? I'm not following.

Yeah but the Bucs also have enough money in free agency and 3 more day one picks to address offense. I'm not following. :P Not to mention a lot of young players on offense with promise.

Fair enough.  I just think I'd rather have a franchise DE and LT rather than 2 franchise DE's. 

If we don't go QB in round one that means we are going to have to go with Simms, Grads, or possibly Garcia.  We are going to have to play with a QB with some deficiencies.  Simms has a great arm but needs time to let plays develop.  Grads is young and needs time to keep his composure.  Garcia is old and needs to be hit as few times as possible.  If we can get Joe Thomas and allow our QB time to do what he wants I think we have to.  Otherwise our 2 franchise DE's are going to be on the field an awful lot.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 22, 2006, 12:05:56 PM

yeah the QB's all have up's and down's but i woudl like to take a look at David Carr

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 22, 2006, 12:08:26 PM

If we can get Joe Thomas and allow our QB time to do what he wants I think we have to.  Otherwise our 2 franchise DE's are going to be on the field an awful lot.

that's the chicken before the egg type of discussion. It goes both ways and my feeling is a good defense can mask offensive ineptness but again it goes both ways.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 22, 2006, 12:09:30 PM

yeah the QB's all have up's and down's but i woudl like to take a look at David Carr

If we took a flyer on Carr we almost have to draft Thomas.  I think Carr has talent but we all know how he plays with no protection.  If he came here with our current line he'd think he was in a recurring nightmare!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent Rumors... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools