Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boldin making a lil noise « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

: August 19, 2008, 07:08:40 AM

BOLDIN ADDRESSES MESS IN THE DESERT

Posted by Mike Florio on August 18, 2008, 8:47 p.m.

Earlier on Monday, we reported that Cardinals receiver Anquan Boldin and coach Ken Whisenhunt aren’t talking.  And now Boldin has confirmed the absence of a relationship with his boss.

“At this point we have no relationship, and I don’t see that changing,” Boldin told NFL Network.  “It’s just gotten to a point where I think lines were crossed.  If you ask me, coaches should be coaches, management should be management, and I don’t think those lines should be crossed.  But when you cross those lines, you put yourself in postiion for things like this to happen.”

Boldin is referring to his perception that Whisenhunt took and active role in his contract talks.  Complicating matters is that Boldin believes the organization (Whisenhunt included) “lied” to him regarding whether he’ll get a new deal.

But he says that his feelings won’t affect his performance on the field.  “I can be productive on the field but that’s as far as it goes,” Boldin said.  “I will try to detach myself from the organization as much as possible.  As long as I’m here, I can’t see myself as a happy member of this organization at all, not with this situation being what it is.  I don’t see it being rectified, either.  The relationsip with me and the organization is done.  I’m here to uphold my contract, that’s it.”

Pft.com

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 19, 2008, 08:16:15 AM

Bryant, Boldin, Stovall, Clayton, and Jackson........hmmmmmmm

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#2 : August 19, 2008, 08:18:07 AM

Bryant, Boldin, Stovall, Clayton, and Jackson........hmmmmmmm

that has a SUPER ring to it.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 19, 2008, 08:22:48 AM

This doesn't really surprise me. The shocking part was that the Cards paid Fitz. Boldin is gonna get outta there for sure, hopefully here.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 19, 2008, 08:24:53 AM

I don't know if I want to see a cry baby like him come here.   He's a good player, but what a whiner!

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 19, 2008, 08:27:04 AM

Any worse than Simms? I don't think so. At least Boldin can play.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler

#6 : August 19, 2008, 08:29:53 AM

[quote ]
Complicating matters is that Boldin believes the organization (Whisenhunt included) “lied” to him regarding whether he’ll get a new deal.

Sounds like a common theme among NFL players these days.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 19, 2008, 08:34:00 AM

Any worse than Simms? I don't think so. At least Boldin can play.

Really?   Sit Bolden on the bench for a year and see if he isn't worse.   Simms was complaining about not getting to play.    You can't compare the 2.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 19, 2008, 08:36:44 AM

Haha…watch he becomes available and we are 1 of 2 teams interested and it looks like we’re the favorites….only for our crown jewels to be kicked once again as we ponder why we didn’t land him.  We find a report that Allen offered Simms and a 4th.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 19, 2008, 08:37:44 AM

Simms and a 4th for the guy?   Ok, I'm interested in him then.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 19, 2008, 08:39:14 AM

Why would the Cards want Simms? They already have 2 real Qb's out in the desert.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 19, 2008, 08:42:51 AM

Hey, they picked up Shaun King in the past.   Anything can happen out there.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 19, 2008, 08:43:49 AM

Guys it was sarcasm on my part.  I was simply stating you better believe we will be one of the teams in reports rumored to be interested and we may even get as close as the “favre situation” but in the end Allen will toss just another low ball offer.

The only way we get Boldin is if he becomes a free agent.  Allen isn’t going to trade high draft picks away.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#13 : August 19, 2008, 08:44:27 AM

Haha�watch he becomes available and we are 1 of 2 teams interested and it looks like we�re the favorites�.only for our crown jewels to be kicked once again as we ponder why we didn�t land him.  We find a report that Allen offered Simms and a 4th.
Sad, but true.  Sure we'll be interested, but Allen will come with a super low ball offer.

It'll probably cost around 2 1st rounders for him......and I wouldn't have a problem making that trade.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 19, 2008, 08:45:34 AM

Sooner or later Bada, BA is gonna hit a homer with some fans around here. I look forward to each at bat he has.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boldin making a lil noise « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools