Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boldin making a lil noise « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

#15 : August 19, 2008, 08:46:58 AM

FLAGSTAFF - The agent for Anquan Boldin has renewed a request that the Cardinals trade the unhappy receiver. And the Cardinals renewed their answer: No.

Drew Rosenhaus made the first request in the spring, although Boldin denied asking for a trade. Team officials, however, confirmed that request, and sources close to the situation said Rosenhaus recently asked them again to trade Boldin or allow Rosenhaus to shop for a deal.

The Cardinals' stance remains unchanged, according to a team spokesman. They have no intention of trading Boldin and are hopeful of signing him to a contract extension.
Rosenhaus declined comment, but a source close to negotiations said Boldin is unhappy, does not talk to coach Ken Whisenhunt and wants out of Arizona. It's possible Boldin could walk out of training camp, the source said, even though he is under contract for three more years and subject to fines of $15,000 a day.

Boldin said he believes Whisenhunt became too involved in negotiations.

"At this point we have no relationship, and I don't see that changing," Boldin told NFL Network on Monday. "It's just gotten to a point where I think lines were crossed. If you ask me, coaches should be coaches, management should be management, and I don't think those lines should be crossed. But when you cross those lines, you put yourself in position for things like this to happen."

On Monday, profootballtalk.com, reported there was a "full-blown cold war" between Boldin and the team, and that Boldin was not speaking to Whisenhunt.

Whisenhunt denied that report, saying he and Boldin have talked almost daily during training camp practices. Early in camp, Boldin appeared on KGME-AM (910) and was asked about his relationship with Whisenhunt. Boldin declined comment.

When camp opened last month, Boldin blasted the team, saying officials had reneged on a promise to restructure a contract extension he signed three years ago. Boldin's deal pays him an average of $4 million a year. He is seeking a deal at least equal to that of receiver Larry Fitzgerald, who signed a four-year, $40 million contract last spring.

Boldin said then that he would play out his contract but wouldn't re-sign with the team. That stance has changed, the source said. Boldin wants out now because he perceives the team isn't serious about re-signing him and is so unhappy that it's hard for him to go to work every day.

The team's latest offer is for half of what Fitzgerald is making, according to the source.

Cardinals officials have said they made Boldin an offer late last year but didn't hear back from Rosenhaus for at least a month. When Rosenhaus did respond, General Manager Rod Graves said, he said he wanted to delay negotiations until after Fitzgerald signed.

Graves said he told Rosenhaus that if Fitzgerald signed first, the Cardinals wouldn't have the financial means or the cap space to sign Boldin until after the start of the 2008 season, at the earliest.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2008/08/18/20080818boldin0819.html

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 19, 2008, 08:48:50 AM

Good move locking up Fitz first.   He's the better WR.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 19, 2008, 08:49:04 AM

Sooner or later Bada, BA is gonna hit a homer with some fans around here. I look forward to each at bat he has.

i think he's already been hitting them.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

#18 : August 19, 2008, 08:49:44 AM

Good move locking up Fitz first. He's the better WR.

I strongly disagree.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 19, 2008, 08:50:00 AM

I don't disagree GT.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 19, 2008, 08:50:43 AM

I think Allen is doing a fine job.  I do want him to draft a QB high.  I don’t care if he turns out to be a Bust.  Heck when was the last first round pick we hit on?  Warrick Dunn in 1998?  I won’t count the last few years as the jury is still out on them, but honestly if we bust on a QB what would be the difference then busting on a WR, RB, DT, OT, etc.?

I like how he is building up the lines, the defense, and his attempt on offense skill positions.  I think that if we can get stable and get some offensive skill positions, we should then “hit a homer” with me at least, and get a Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow.

As far as trading 2 first for Boldin.  He is def. worth it, but would he be worth it in our offensive system?  I’d trade a 1st and 2 thirds… maybe we can offer up something similar to the Jared Allen deal.  Two first can cripple our efforts at rebuilding.

Anyway it’s a dumb point to argue as we don’t trade high picks.  We can hope for free agency and we may get that with a Roy Williams or Lee Evans.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 19, 2008, 08:52:11 AM

Sooner or later Bada, BA is gonna hit a homer with some fans around here. I look forward to each at bat he has.

i think he's already been hitting them.

What home run has he hit with us?  I agree as stated in my post above he is doing a fine job…but I see doubles…..no homeruns.  And boy did he have a lot of strike outs in 04 and 05.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 19, 2008, 08:54:43 AM

Not every at bat is gonna be a HR. But his average is really good IMO.

Patient batters find their stroke. HR hitters miss more than they hit.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 19, 2008, 08:58:19 AM

What home run has he hit with us? 

maybe im just giddy for this year.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#24 : August 19, 2008, 09:20:41 AM

I strongly disagree.

LOL! Does it matter? The two of them are like 1a and 1b to me. Boldin is a YAC and Fitzgerald just never seems to drop any pass. I'd kill to have either one on this team right now. We get Boldin in a trade and Clayton/Stovall/Hilliard become expendable, best two make the team. I just don't see it happening unless Arizona agrees to trade him.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 19, 2008, 09:31:23 AM

Really?   Sit Bolden on the bench for a year and see if he isn't worse.   Simms was complaining about not getting to play.    You can't compare the 2.

True, because Boldin is a good player. Simms, so far, hasn't proven to be.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 19, 2008, 09:34:18 AM

Cerious.  Honestly I think those guys are expandable now.  

What I would do…..Galloway and Antonio Bryant starting with Hilliard in the slot for 3rd and shorts.  If it’s 3rd and long then we put Dexter Jackson in the slot.  Keep Stovall around for special teams and just flat out release Michael Clayton.

So we keep 5 WRs- Galloway, Bryant, Hilliard, Stovall, and Jackson.  If Jackson doesn’t turn out to be our kick returner, we keep Michael Spurlock as well.

I like Michael Clayton, I really do, but there is no need for 6 or maybe even 7(if you include Spurlock) WRs on this team.  Bryant has really stepped up and Hilliard showed he is still dependable to get open and catch the ball.  It comes down to Stovall or Clayton getting cut.  Clayton has the higher draft status on his side, while Stovall has special teams on his side(although he did commit a penalty the other night)

I say expect Stovall or Clayton to be cut.

#27 : August 19, 2008, 09:41:47 AM

I strongly disagree.

LOL! Does it matter? The two of them are like 1a and 1b to me. Boldin is a YAC and Fitzgerald just never seems to drop any pass.

I think you just answered you own question. In our offense, we need a wr that provides YAC... and Boldin is a YAC fiend!!

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 19, 2008, 09:43:59 AM

I love Yak...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 19, 2008, 09:46:28 AM

For some reason, that pic is hot.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boldin making a lil noise « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools