Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boldin making a lil noise « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 19, 2008, 09:50:26 AM

Galloway was actually #3 in YAC among receivers with more than 40 catches last season. Boldin was #12.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 19, 2008, 09:52:38 AM

Galloway was actually #3 in YAC among receivers with more than 40 catches last season. Boldin was #12.

Badabing!!!!!!     Galloway is the man.      But I do think Boldin would be a good #2 here.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 19, 2008, 09:53:54 AM

With our running game and Galloway nad Boldin on the outside, I'd love to see teams try to put 8 in the box.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 19, 2008, 09:55:22 AM

Badabing!!!!!! Galloway is the man. But I do think Boldin would be a good #2 here.

yes?  you called?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#34 : August 19, 2008, 09:55:29 AM

With our running game and Galloway and Bryant on the outside, I'd love to see teams try to put 8 in the box.

fixed for you!

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 19, 2008, 09:57:36 AM

Let me restate that.

With our running game and Galloway and  Boldin on the outside and Bryant in the slot, I'd love to see teams try to put 8 in the box.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 19, 2008, 10:03:14 AM

Galloway nad Boldin

Did you just type that?

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 19, 2008, 10:04:22 AM

I admit it....my fingers are a little too quick this morning....lol

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 19, 2008, 10:10:13 AM

Haha there is no way we get Boldin before the start of the season, so discussing it is just crazy talk.  Who was the last big name player we traded for under Bruce Allen?

We got Joey Galloway in 2004 for Keyshawn Johnson.  At the time Galloway was a bum, but of course we all know we turned out to get the better end of the deal.  It didn’t involve any high picks.

We added guys like Ryan Sims, Michael Bennett, Tim Rattay, Luke McCown, Doug Jolley, etc. via trade over the years, but none of them were higher than a 6th round pick.

We won’t trade for Boldin, even if it comes out that we are interested in him.  Can we never learn guys?  First it’s with the QB of the Future thing in which we want to anoint any QB under the age of 30 that takes a snap for us to be the future and now it seems we think we are going to get all these big name players all of a sudden via trade.

If the Favre fiasco taught us anything, it is that the player could be right in front of us and we will not land him. And this doesn’t mean Bruce is a bad GM, but don’t expect him to go against his philosophy.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#39 : August 19, 2008, 10:13:46 AM

Good move locking up Fitz first. He's the better WR.

I strongly disagree.

LOL! Does it matter? The two of them are like 1a and 1b to me. Boldin is a YAC demon and Fitzgerald just never seems to drop any pass.

I think you just answered you own question. In our offense, we need a wr that provides YAC... and Boldin is a YAC fiend!!

That's a greta point that I did overlook. I guess it's all the drops that we've witnessed, I'd just love to have a receiver that catches everything in sight and can get you more than 9.9 YPC like Ike. Fitz may not be the YAC demon that Boldin is, but he's got enough moves to get downfield. It's a moot point, Fitz is locked up and Boldin wants out, we need to get into full court press mode. I'd easily give up next year's first and a second the following year for Mr. Boldin.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 19, 2008, 10:18:18 AM

Good move locking up Fitz first. He's the better WR.

I strongly disagree.

LOL! Does it matter? The two of them are like 1a and 1b to me. Boldin is a YAC demon and Fitzgerald just never seems to drop any pass.

I think you just answered you own question. In our offense, we need a wr that provides YAC... and Boldin is a YAC fiend!!

That's a greta point that I did overlook. I guess it's all the drops that we've witnessed, I'd just love to have a receiver that catches everything in sight and can get you more than 9.9 YPC like Ike. Fitz may not be the YAC demon that Boldin is, but he's got enough moves to get downfield. It's a moot point, Fitz is locked up and Boldin wants out, we need to get into full court press mode. I'd easily give up next year's first and a second the following year for Mr. Boldin.

Unfortunately you are not Bruce Allen, so don’t expect the guy to trade a first day pick for a player. Come to think of it, we did trade a 4th for Plummer originally, but again still not a first day pick.  The Bucs will never trade a 1st round pick under Bruce Allen.  Get used to it and hope that Boldin becomes a free agent next year.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 19, 2008, 10:24:38 AM

I'm sure Bruce will call...but its probably going to be the same thing as the Brett Favre deal - Arizona's not going to want to send Boldin to a team in the NFC.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 19, 2008, 10:28:41 AM

I'm sure Bruce will call...but its probably going to be the same thing as the Brett Favre deal - Arizona's not going to want to send Boldin to a team in the NFC.

It’s not even that.  Boldin isn’t the face of the franchise like Favre was in Green Bay.  It’s not comparable.  It would be like trading Ronde Barber or Derrick Brooks to the Saints or Panthers.

They wouldn’t mind trading Boldin to the Bucs.  It’s just they won’t accept Allen’s low ball offer.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 19, 2008, 10:39:09 AM

Boldin will play in AZ this year... it's pretty much too late for anything to happen now.  We'll most likely have to wait until next year.  That being said, if he could be brought in for a 1st, Allen will do it.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 19, 2008, 10:52:10 AM

I've been calling for this deal for a while and a Boldin-Galloway-Bryant trio would be dynamite.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boldin making a lil noise « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools