Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boldin making a lil noise « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

#75 : August 20, 2008, 10:20:35 AM

Lol Snook - do you write for the local media?   

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#76 : August 20, 2008, 10:25:12 AM

You know that if Boldin is available, the Cowboys and Eagles would make a blockbuster offer and pay way more than the Bucs would to get him. 

So true and what I find so frustrating. The Cowboys have T.O. and a plethora of weapons on offense yet will still try to upgrade. We have ONE legit nfl wr(hope Bryant makes 2) and seem content.

They have *A* reliable wide receiver.

Not exactly what I'd call a plethora.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

Snook

Hall of Famer

#77 : August 20, 2008, 10:54:24 AM

Lol Snook - do you write for the local media?   

No, but I've read enough of their crap.  They'd turn Joseph's injury into "injuries" and call our defense old again.

#78 : August 20, 2008, 01:54:31 PM

You know that if Boldin is available, the Cowboys and Eagles would make a blockbuster offer and pay way more than the Bucs would to get him.

So true and what I find so frustrating. The Cowboys have T.O. and a plethora of weapons on offense yet will still try to upgrade. We have ONE legit nfl wr(hope Bryant makes 2) and seem content.

They have *A* reliable wide receiver.

Not exactly what I'd call a plethora.

If you read what i said you'll see "T.O. and a plethora of weapons" , not wrs. MB3, Witten, and Jones are weapons.

#79 : August 20, 2008, 04:46:01 PM

The Cowboys definitely have a plethora of weapons but adding Boldin would make them a Super Bowl Contender for sure

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#80 : August 20, 2008, 05:24:03 PM

Just listening to John Clayton on ESPN radio in Chicago and he said absolutely 100 percent positive Boldin will not be traded. Team and his agent may revisit the issue after the season, but Boldin is not going anywhere just like what happened with Chad Johnson. That's disappointing.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#81 : August 20, 2008, 05:27:57 PM

How so?  I rather him stay in Arizona than get traded to a good team that we will have trouble beating.  Oh wait, don’t tell me you thought the Bucs would trade for him?

#82 : August 21, 2008, 06:50:04 AM

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2008/08/19/20080819cardsinsiderboldin0820.html

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#83 : August 21, 2008, 01:51:24 PM

Why wouldn't the Bucs trade for him? Bruce Allen has shown consistently that he's willing to investigate all possibilities to make the team better. I have complete faith in him that if it could be done and not put the Bucs into cap hell for years, he would make that deal.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#84 : August 21, 2008, 02:45:40 PM

Tampa bay Todd, I doubt anyone is arguing the point that Bruce would inquire about him, but not much of have the faith in Bruce that he’d give up a 1st round pick and most likely more to get him in Tampa.  Some wouldn’t mind giving up a 1st for Boldin, but I’m sure there are others that would.  Bruce’s philosophy is building through the draft and bring in some pieces through free agency.  The highest pick we’ve traded under his era were 6th rounders and we offered a 4th for Plummer when he wasn’t retired.  We may offer a 2nd for Boldin, but we won’t compete with teams willing to take risks like Philadelphia who will probably give up much more compensation.

Not saying Allen isn’t doing a good job for us, but you are clearly clinging to hope if you think he would offer up enough compensation.  Has the Brett Favre thing not taught us anything or are we still trying to rationalize and say we didn’t have an offer on the table.  If we offered up what the Jets offered up or maybe a little more, he’d be a Buc.  With that said, I’m glad he didn’t do it.

#85 : August 22, 2008, 10:09:44 AM

theres a difference between inquire  and go after aggressively.   the big questions about the Bucs this year is the play of our starting QB and WRs....   we should go after Boldin aggressively, just like Phily and Dallas will. 

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#86 : August 22, 2008, 10:35:44 AM

We should…but I highly doubt we do.  We will be patient and wait til a big name WR hits the free agent market like Roy Williams or most likely Lee Evans.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Boldin making a lil noise « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools