Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: JOSEPH HAS FOOT INJURY, UNDERGOING TESTS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

bucs1

Practice Squad
#15 : August 19, 2008, 01:39:41 PM

Just saying with Petigout out, Peters could be in play.

That might not be that bad of an idea.  This has nothing to do with Davin Joseph's injury, but since we released Luke Petitgout, Jason Peters would be a major upgrade over Penn.  Peters' holdout situation doesn't seem to be getting any better and the Bills say that "they are satisfied with their pass protection and plan to continue their hard-line stance with holdout Peters."  Peters is one of the top left tackles in the game and it would be worth it to trade a first round pick for a franchise LT.

MVP

Pro Bowler

#16 : August 19, 2008, 01:43:15 PM

Guys this isn't Madden. We'd have to give up compensation for Peters to the Bills and then give him a mega deal. Bruce Allen doesn't do franchise crippling desperation moves like that.

Getting back to the topic at hand I'm not to worried about Davin. It hurts but we have the back-ups to give Davin the time he needs to heal.

MVP

Pro Bowler

#17 : August 19, 2008, 01:44:30 PM

^^^ Me too...

We should talk to the Bills about Jason Peters...

(Bills?)

Calm down you. This is why the Zutah pick is looking better and better. We started a rookie guard last year and with the way Zuttah lit it up in Training Camp makes the situation easier for the Bucs. This is a chance, if the injury is serious, for the Bucs to test their depth with Buenning, Zuttah, and Davis in reserve.

No way, dude... seasons over... nice talking to you guys.

if the season is over after all that waiting I'm going to have to burn down a few stadiums in rage. The ones on Atlanta, New Orleans, and Charlotte of course. ;)

#18 : August 19, 2008, 01:47:08 PM

Don't know anything about Madden (I'd never get anything else done...)

I don't know that I'd call Peters a 'franchise crippling desperation move..."  but I get your point.

I hope its not serious ... and yes, the sky is not falling.   This is football.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 19, 2008, 01:50:40 PM

Bucs starting right guard Davin Joseph has a foot injury and he is undergoing tests at this time. Bucs coach Jon Gruden did not now the severity of the injury, but believes they will find out in the upcoming days.

Also wide receiver Joey Galloway, quarterback Jeff Garcia, and defensive tackle Jovan Haye returned to practice.

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=26600.0

Pewter Report will have more on these stories soon.

Maybe it is nothing?  If it is something Buenning and Zuttah are solid.  Especially if it is just a couple of week deal.  Perhaps it isn't the end of the world...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

MVP

Pro Bowler

#20 : August 19, 2008, 02:14:12 PM

Don't know anything about Madden (I'd never get anything else done...)

I don't know that I'd call Peters a 'franchise crippling desperation move..."  but I get your point.

I hope its not serious ... and yes, the sky is not falling.   This is football.

To clarify anytime a GM goes out and gives up a bunch of draft picks and lots of money that would handicap the team for next year. So if a reaction to Pettigout was to get Peters then I would consider that a desperation move.

As to your second statement, I agree, the sky isn't falling.

Gdubbz

Practice Squad

#21 : August 19, 2008, 02:15:21 PM

Joseph is the best OL player we have, but I don't think he'll pull a Brian Kelly and be out the whole year due to turf toe. He'll be back. Its time to see what Zuttah can do.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#22 : August 19, 2008, 02:18:31 PM

This injury might not sound that bad, but do you remember Jonathan Ogden's toe injury.  It kept him out for a while and he was never the same after that forcing him into retirement.  Let's hope that this isn't a toe injury and that it's not that serious.

surgeandsettle

Practice Squad

#23 : August 19, 2008, 02:22:04 PM

Bucs starting right guard Davin Joseph has a foot injury and he is undergoing tests at this time. Bucs coach Jon Gruden did not now the severity of the injury, but believes they will find out in the upcoming days.

Also wide receiver Joey Galloway, quarterback Jeff Garcia, and defensive tackle Jovan Haye returned to practice.

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=26600.0

Pewter Report will have more on these stories soon.

upcoming DAYS? they should know something about the severity of this within a few hours ... why the long delay???

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 19, 2008, 02:22:50 PM

Alas the offensive line looks phenomenal and we have to suffer an injury on it.  Give me a break already.

watson

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 19, 2008, 02:35:04 PM

IIRC Denman has been filling in at RG too.  And from some of the reports I read from the PR guys he was doing quite well.....but he would have to be behind Ztah based on what Z has done in TC.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

marlevr

Second String
#26 : August 19, 2008, 02:37:50 PM

Denman sucks donkey ballz. He has looked awful in preseason play.

#27 : August 19, 2008, 02:39:41 PM

Buenning has looked much better than both Zuttah and Denman

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 19, 2008, 02:40:32 PM

IIRC Denman has been filling in at RG too.  And from some of the reports I read from the PR guys he was doing quite well.....but he would have to be behind Ztah based on what Z has done in TC.

Did we just go from 6 WRs to 5?

wolfet

Pro Bowler

#29 : August 19, 2008, 02:50:51 PM

Where are all the people that moaned about drafting Zuttah now?  You can never have too many quality big men, and Zuttah gives us great depth.   Joseph seemed poised to have a big season, hope it is not serious. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: JOSEPH HAS FOOT INJURY, UNDERGOING TESTS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools