Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: JOSEPH HAS FOOT INJURY, UNDERGOING TESTS « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#75 : August 20, 2008, 02:08:49 PM

I do not trust Muir as some are so easily able to do.

I am (always have been) skeptical about Muir's choices and decisions along the o-line over the years and I am not about to change that skepticism.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#76 : August 20, 2008, 02:09:29 PM

What did you expect from a team that only drafts for need?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#77 : August 20, 2008, 02:11:20 PM

What did you expect from a team that only drafts for need?

That they do not know how to use their resources efficiently.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#78 : August 20, 2008, 02:15:36 PM

I do agree that Muir gives me pause, but the praise for Zuttah seems fairly universal.

benir0

Hall of Famer
#79 : August 20, 2008, 02:23:58 PM

I do agree that Muir gives me pause, but the praise for Zuttah seems fairly universal.

Now we will be able to see if when they said "He's great..." did they mean to include "...for a rookie 3rd rounder."

#80 : August 20, 2008, 04:47:58 PM

We don't even know if he'll miss any regular season games yet. This could still be minor.

He's gonna miss a few, trust me

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#81 : August 20, 2008, 06:30:21 PM

Diversion aside ADW

Let me know how that works for you, Booker.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#82 : August 20, 2008, 07:11:11 PM

I do not trust Muir as some are so easily able to do.

I am (always have been) skeptical about Muir's choices and decisions along the o-line over the years and I am not about to change that skepticism.

Many don't know it but there's a new man in the picture regarding the Offensive line.   http://buccaneers.com/team/staffdetail.aspx?coachid=93

Yarno was a force on the field during TC and he's very very vocal.  Something that Muir hasn't been.  Look for him to make a difference just like Morris on defense. 

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#83 : August 21, 2008, 12:26:47 AM

Honestly, most people do not know how to rate a position coach (me included).  PR gives us some good insights, but if you do not trust Gruden on Muir, trust Parcells.  They both think highly of Muir.  Honestly, when we had the likes of AD, Buenning, Wade, Yatta, and Coleman starting the talent was poor and people were quick to blame Muir (maybe rightly so).  Now we have the talent in the OL and we are regarded as one of the best young OL.  Muir does show some credit for their progress.  The OL does some of the little things that are easy to pick up on.  They go until the whistle, and get downfield.  Zuttah only makes this a stronger unit.  '

Zuttah was one of the fastest and strongest lineman in the draft, and apparently he is pretty smart too based on PR's coverage.  This kid will allow us to to sustain an injury and maintain results.  I like Buenning, but he has a questionalbe injury history. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#84 : August 21, 2008, 01:04:21 AM

Zuttah will be a nice replacement.  He was drafted rather highly for this EXACT purpose.

Now if he goes out and starts crushing people with his speed and strength, all will be good.

We know Big Z has the fastest set of legs on the line, he was one of the strongest O-line guys in the draft, and he is quite intelligent.  Thankfully, he plays guard, a position that does not require a great deal of Einstein like brainpower...he might be able to maximize his natural physical talent, along with a nice brain-pan to produce a suitable and Zuitable replacement. 

Thank GOD we drafted this kid...

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: JOSEPH HAS FOOT INJURY, UNDERGOING TESTS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools