Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Greatest Player in Bucs History « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 20, 2008, 09:47:11 PM

I vote for Warren...............look how hard the team has tried to replace him and failed badly. When you watch those slugs they throw in there, it makes me appreciate Warren even more.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 20, 2008, 09:53:43 PM

When I think of the face of the franchise, I think of Warren Sapp. He's been gone 4 years, but I still think of Warren Sapp. I clearly remember LeeRoy Selmon and have the highest respect for him and for Derrick Brooks. The heart and soul of this team, to me, will always be Mister Warren Sapp. He motivated a number of his teammates right into the probowl. He is still the standard to which every new prospect is compared and no individual player has ever had more of an impact on this franchise. I suspect Monte Kiffin had him genetically engineered and built for that purpose.

Stratobuc

Starter
#32 : August 20, 2008, 10:36:23 PM

This is a great debate, and everyone makes a good point. rock on...

MR. DERRICK BROOKS!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 21, 2008, 12:02:11 AM

Just as a matter of debate, as I love all these guys, but how can a man already at the "Holy Grail" of football be looked at as anything but the greatest Buc.  With apologies to these future HOF'ers there's no debate until they get to where LeRoy already resides...

He no longer has to prove anything, people already know he's on the Mount Olympus of his sport.  He is immortalized forever and has been for over ten years.  Might I add he was a first ballot inductee as well? 

No question Brooks, Sapp, and maybe Ronde get in. But until they do they're all mere demigods in comparrison... ;)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Stratobuc

Starter
#34 : August 21, 2008, 12:18:46 AM

Brooks and Barber will definitely get in the HOF. I'm not sure Sapp has the numbers he needs to get in.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 21, 2008, 12:20:42 AM

Brooks and Barber will definitely get in the HOF. I'm not sure Sapp has the numbers he needs to get in.

It's not about his numbers it's about his play, can't think of but 1 DT with as many sacks...He revolutionized the UT position, dude like him or hate him Warren is first ballot material...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 21, 2008, 01:19:32 AM

I think Brooks, Sapp, Lynch, Barber and maybe even Alstott get into the Hall of Fame.

Lee Roy will still be the best of the bunch in my eyes though.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 21, 2008, 01:28:16 AM

Sapp, without question.
No question here.

Played on a SUperbowl team, made the entire concept of the Cover 2 SUperbowl-doable, and was the best tackle in the game for years.  He was a difference maker on a team that won big games.  He would have dominated in ANY scheme.  God bless Warren Sapp.

kmitchell

Starter

#38 : August 21, 2008, 04:01:49 AM

I read an article on ESPN ahwhile back saying Brooks will retire as the best Linebacker to ever play the game. I vote Brooks. Even if it was only a short time, does Steve Young count?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 21, 2008, 04:13:34 AM

Some people have said LeeRoy Selmon was the greatest defensive end ever to play the game as well.     

I don't think Derrick Brooks is the best linebacker ever.   But he was/is great.   

I do think perhaps LeeRoy was the best Defensive lineman ever though.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 21, 2008, 05:42:45 AM

Warren Sapp.  IMO, he is the Bucs.  I have yet to see anyone play his position any better on the Bucs team, or in the rest of the NFL.  Nickerson in his day played as well as Brooks IMO. 
But, it is unfair to even try to pick due to the fact that the reason both of these guys success came from one another.  Sapp needed Brooks just as much as Brooks needed Sapp.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Greatest Player in Bucs History « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools