Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Football Outsiders on Bucs-Patriots « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#105 : August 21, 2008, 02:51:15 PM

Or just put in Josh Johnson. He's got a 100% completion rate for his entire career with a 10.5 yard average. They could throw one pass, take 2 off for R&R to keep the offense fresh.

Now THAT'S a great plan!

And the math is easy.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#106 : August 21, 2008, 11:45:00 PM

Regular season games are hard enough to evaluate, preseason games are even more difficult.  Neither coach cares about winning, but that's the first thing fans look at.  The two teams playing can have a great disparity in the amount of game planning, size of their playbook being used, regulars starting and playing, etc. 

I'm happy with the success in last week's game, but I'm also going to shrug my shoulders and wait for the results of the first few regular season games before I get too crazy in either direction regarding my thoughts on this team.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#107 : August 22, 2008, 05:53:04 PM

I beg to differ..... am VERY open minded.

Its just that when I form my opinions, I stick with them.... not flip flop like so many on this board.

I'm very open minded as well. I make up my mind and never change it.
  Well - then you have found a genetic duplicate.... twins possibly... 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#108 : August 22, 2008, 09:57:27 PM

New England Patriots

Russell Levine notes that Tom Brady didn’t make the trip, and it’s just the second preseason game, but New England looked positively awful. They looked very much like a team with a bad case of Super Bowl loser’s hangover. The NFL Network crew spent much of the evening harping on Matt Cassel, and I think they were correct. It appeared the play calls were tailored to try and get him some confidence, but it didn’t work. I would not be surprised if he is cut before the season.

On defense, the Pats looked old and slow. The line got pushed around and couldn’t get off blocks, the linebackers and secondary missed lots of tackles. Tampa Bay backs were consistently able to get positive yardage after contact. One bright spot was Jerod Mayo, who looks like a player. He a did a great job attacking the fullback in the hole, shedding him, and getting to the ball carrier, while also showing the ability to drop back in coverage.

That's what was interesting to me...Did the Pats just not want to be in Tampa Sunday night or has their window closed? They looked like they're going to continue the trend of Super Bowl losers the following year...

NE is getting pummeled again at home vs. Philly...I don't think Brady played...but he doesn't play defense and it was 24-3 at half...

Maybe the Bucs shouldn't take too much from that Pats game last week...
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Football Outsiders on Bucs-Patriots « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools