Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Football Outsiders on Bucs-Patriots « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

#15 : August 19, 2008, 06:36:39 PM

I'd say that is pretty darn accurate. Agree Chev. Like it or not, the offense is extremely boring to watch at times, but deadly effective.

Boring? yes. Deadly effective? I'll wait til the games are real before agreeing with that.

At least you're open minded...LOL

Always brah!!!!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 19, 2008, 06:41:22 PM

Hey I know it's not glamorous guys.  And yes it's exciting as heck to see the offense roll up 27 to 30 points a game.  I don't deny that at all...but what's the goal here?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 19, 2008, 06:44:22 PM

I'd say that is pretty darn accurate. Agree Chev. Like it or not, the offense is extremely boring to watch at times, but deadly effective.

Boring? yes. Deadly effective? I'll wait til the games are real before agreeing with that.

At least you're open minded...LOL

Always brah!!!!
WOW - of all the descriptive words one could attribute to Hate - well let's just say I would be listing a lot of descriptive phrases before I arrived at open minded....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#18 : August 19, 2008, 06:45:10 PM

I beg to differ.....  am VERY open minded.

Its just that when I form my opinions, I stick with them.... not flip flop like so many on this board.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 19, 2008, 06:47:21 PM

Hey I know it's not glamorous guys. And yes it's exciting as heck to see the offense roll up 27 to 30 points a game. I don't deny that at all...but what's the goal here?
 Chev, we saw some elements that demonstrate this is not a 3 yards and a cloud of dust O.  Just look at Bryant.  It is all it takes.  The team needs playmakers - the more the better the O will run.  But regardless - the Oline continuing to play like they did it the required element.  And boy did they do a job!

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 19, 2008, 06:48:47 PM

I beg to differ.....  am VERY open minded.

Its just that when I form my opinions, I stick with them.... not flip flop like so many on this board.
  I don't know this differ cat you are begging to - but I haven't seen you change your mind about anything since I saw your first post Hate the Eagles.  Not a one. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 19, 2008, 06:48:57 PM

I'd be very happy with 12 regular season victories, all of them 3-0.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 19, 2008, 06:52:26 PM

I'd say that is pretty darn accurate. Agree Chev. Like it or not, the offense is extremely boring to watch at times, but deadly effective. Got to be frustrating for the defense to not be able to get off the field while being pecked to death.
what in god's name are you talking about? When have we been deadly effective?

Heres our offensive rankings the last 4 years

2007- 18TH
2006- 29th
2005- 24th
2004- 22nd

deadly effective alright...

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 19, 2008, 06:54:26 PM

I'd be very happy with 12 regular season victories, all of them 3-0.

That's what I'm screaming Dan.  Really guys this ain't the BCS where we gotta run the score up to get into the National Championship game...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 19, 2008, 06:56:22 PM

I'd say that is pretty darn accurate. Agree Chev. Like it or not, the offense is extremely boring to watch at times, but deadly effective. Got to be frustrating for the defense to not be able to get off the field while being pecked to death.

2007- 18TH
2006- 29th
2005- 24th
2004- 22nd

I think he's speaking of the preseason.  But depending on your arguement you may give credence to or discount the game...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 19, 2008, 06:56:54 PM

2007- 18TH
2006- 29th
2005- 24th
2004- 22nd

Well if history requires they do no better than we can stop rooting for them for ever because there is no hope.  

Of course if there is even a bit of a chance this group will perform better and more effectively I guess we can.  Okay ICIT.

Hope it is okay 'cuz that is my plan...

And if the buccs win games like DTG and Chev said - who cares.  There are no style point in the NFL - yet.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 19, 2008, 06:57:26 PM

heres our rankings for scoring the last 4 years
 2007- 18th
2006- 31st
2005- 20th
2004- 23rd

Our offense has really been setting the league on fire...

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 19, 2008, 06:58:38 PM

DBUC,

Tell me what our offensive mastermind has done to lead you to believe this year will be any different.  If you are counting on an improved OL (which took quite the blow today) to take us from 18th to 8th then I disagree.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 19, 2008, 07:01:33 PM

But we aren't talking about the last four years.  We're talking about SOB and his new title of Captain Checkdown.  We're talking about him translating that to the regular season because doing it against a Bradyless defense wasn't good enough.  We are dealing with the here and now, 2008...we're trying not to live in the past.  It holds nothing for you.  We want to look to the future where you have opportunities to get and do better.  Can't go back there and do anything...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 19, 2008, 07:03:45 PM

The offensive mastermind hasn't done anything to make me believe this year will be different.  The Oline has.  When I went to camp I told folks I have never seen a bucc's oline perform with the physicality and cohesiveness that I saw in person.  In the Miami game they were missing the cohesiveness, not so against NE - a very respected front 7.  If they do the same against Jacksonville - well you might change your mind.  

An oline does just what you are looking for ICIT - it makes the skill positions look and play more effective, and productive.  And it is enables rotations in the backfield without huge detriment.  So we can agree to disagree.  

It does stink if indeed Davin's injury will cost regular season time - but Buenning AND Zuttah have given strong evidence they can step in.  We will see.   I like it - a lot.  

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Football Outsiders on Bucs-Patriots « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools