Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Football Outsiders on Bucs-Patriots « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 19, 2008, 07:05:28 PM

But we aren't talking about the last four years.  We're talking about SOB and his new title of Captain Checkdown.  We're talking about him translating that to the regular season because doing it against a Bradyless defense wasn't good enough.  We are dealing with the here and now, 2008...we're trying not to live in the past.  It holds nothing for you.  We want to look to the future where you have opportunities to get and do better.  Can't go back there and do anything...
I dont see this offense having much more talent than the groups we've run out there in the past.  We've got a better OL(which im anxious to see in real game action, i think they can be a stellar unit) a 39 year old rag doll QB, a QB who I dont trust one bit in SoB, and our best player is a 39 year old WR.  Sorrrrrrrrrrry for being a little bit hesistant to expect big things.  Seems like every single skill player we draft on O does not produce... caddy, smith, clayton, stovall... I expected big things from some of these guys and none of them have produced.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

#31 : August 19, 2008, 07:06:05 PM

i don't know this differ cat you are begging to but I haven't seen you change your mind about anything since I saw your first post Hate the Eagles. Not a one.

LMAO!!!

If someone would present an argument strong enuff to change my mind than maybe you would. Perhaps if/when Carnell comes back and becomes a 3 down back for us, than you'll see me change my mind.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 19, 2008, 07:06:49 PM

our best player is a 39 year old WR.

39?

#33 : August 19, 2008, 07:07:28 PM

I'd be very happy with 12 regular season victories, all of them 3-0.

That's what I'm screaming Dan.  Really guys this ain't the BCS where we gotta run the score up to get into the National Championship game...

I have to call both of you out on this nonsensical post. We can't go into the postseason and expect to make any noise with garbage offense.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 19, 2008, 07:07:53 PM

DBUC

Not disagreeing with you one bit on the importance of an OL and what kind of impact they can have on skill players

I think we disagree on the severity of their impact, especially since we are weak at LT.  If we were strong in that spot, I would feel alot better about or passing game.  Not really a huge Penn fan... sue me.  Not a fan of having a bunch of nobodys at that spot when its one of the 4 most important spots in the whole game

The bucs are the only team I can think of that have invested a number of high picks in the OL and not gotten an LT.  That makes no freaking sense.  

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 19, 2008, 07:08:33 PM

I have to call both of you out on this nonsensical post.

Call out for what? You wouldn't be happy winning 12 games this regular season? I sure would like that.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 19, 2008, 07:10:03 PM

our best player is a 39 year old WR.

39?

I meant to type 38, in which case I was still a year high.  Sorry, I dont send players birthday cards like you do. 

#37 : August 19, 2008, 07:11:02 PM

Call out for what? You wouldn't be happy winning 12 games this regular season? I sure would like that.

not 3-0... or 7-6... or 10-7. Playing it so close to the vest leaves zero margin for error.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 19, 2008, 07:11:21 PM

But we aren't talking about the last four years.  We're talking about SOB and his new title of Captain Checkdown.  We're talking about him translating that to the regular season because doing it against a Bradyless defense wasn't good enough.  We are dealing with the here and now, 2008...we're trying not to live in the past.  It holds nothing for you.  We want to look to the future where you have opportunities to get and do better.  Can't go back there and do anything...
I dont see this offense having much more talent than the groups we've run out there in the past.  We've got a better OL(which im anxious to see in real game action, i think they can be a stellar unit) a 39 year old rag doll QB, a QB who I dont trust one bit in SoB, and our best player is a 39 year old WR.  Sorrrrrrrrrrry for being a little bit hesistant to expect big things.  Seems like every single skill player we draft on O does not produce... caddy, smith, clayton, stovall... I expected big things from some of these guys and none of them have produced.

What's bigger than a "W"?  Then stringing a few of them together, winning the division, and making the playoffs?  You expect flash and dash.  You expect big plays.  You expect running plays that spring for 15+ yards or more.  That's not what kind of team you have here brah...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 19, 2008, 07:12:32 PM

not 3-0... or 7-6... or 10-7. Playing it so close to the vest leaves zero margin for error.

Why do you need a margin if you're not making errors or turning the ball over?  If you think about it, that's about as bold as it gets.  To methodically go down the field, move those defensive linemen with screens and sweeps, and have them worn out in the 4th qtr...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 19, 2008, 07:13:22 PM

I meant to type 38, in which case I was still a year high.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 19, 2008, 07:13:45 PM

What's bigger than a "W"?  Then stringing a few of them together, winning the division, and making the playoffs?  You expect flash and dash.  You expect big plays.  You expect running plays that spring for 15+ yards or more.  That's not what kind of team you have here brah...
And when you consider we have 0 pass rush and the D doesnt make the "splash" plays as often as it used to, it leaves you for 0 room for error in a big spot, like my man Hate just posted.  I guess what i'm saying is I dont have faith in a gruden coached team to execute perfectly in a big spot with no room for errors, ESPECIALLY with SoB at the helm

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 19, 2008, 07:14:29 PM

hes 37 in Nov, so he'll be 37 this season.  Thanks.

#43 : August 19, 2008, 07:14:33 PM

Why do you need a margin if you're not making errors or turning the ball over?

Because "ish" happens. C'mon now, we're all intelligent here. Lets be realistic.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 19, 2008, 07:15:19 PM

None of those scores would bother me in the least. I'm a former defensive tackle. I like smothering defense a lot more than flashy offense.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Football Outsiders on Bucs-Patriots « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools