Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms to Packers? « previous next »
Page: 1

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

: August 20, 2008, 01:29:05 PM

Schefter mentioned it in an article, but it's not as great as it sounds:

"There is increasing chatter around the league that Green Bay still will wind up signing a veteran quarterback to back up Aaron Rodgers. One prime candidate could be Buccaneers quarterback Chris Simms, whom Tampa Bay might release after its fourth preseason game."

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#1 : August 20, 2008, 01:24:30 PM

Anyone else hear 620 WDAE say that the NFL Network is reporting that Simms could be headed to the Packers? Maybe my ears weren't working right but I could have sworn they said that. If this is true...isn't this a couple weeks late?

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Agent Orange

Starter

#2 : August 20, 2008, 01:26:29 PM

Yeah, I'm sure instead of talking to them about trading for Favre Allen was too busy running his yapper about Simms.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#3 : August 20, 2008, 01:32:41 PM

When was that article posted? 620 made it sound like this was something new. They had a couple of sports attacks with nothing and then all of a sudden they were saying something like "it looks like Simms could be on his way to Green Bay, according to NFL Network."

There's a big difference between that article's speculation and what 620 was saying.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 20, 2008, 01:34:24 PM

17 hours ago - nothing new up there though. I'm not saying it couldn't have changed, just that it's more likely that 620 stretched the story - wouldn't be the first time.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#5 : August 20, 2008, 01:39:48 PM

There's a big difference between that article's speculation and what 620 was saying.

Are you shocked?

jason1984

Second String
#6 : August 20, 2008, 01:42:18 PM

620 the hate gruden and the hate the bucs network.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 20, 2008, 02:37:59 PM

620 probably can't wait until Simms is gone and officially lands on another team's roster -- preferably without compensation -- so that they can just bash the heck out of Gruden and the FO over it.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#8 : August 20, 2008, 02:45:18 PM

In complete seriousness, raise your hands if you feel media stupidity is limited to those covering the Bucs/TB market.

It gets SUCH a big deal made out of it.. just about *every* media outlet, in regards to almost anything is going to be full of personal bias.

Get over it.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

Madman

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 20, 2008, 02:49:42 PM

We should let the Packers get in a bidding was for Simms and then ship him to the AFC. That'll show them. (How do I make this sentence blue for sarcasm?)

calicojack

Starter
#10 : August 20, 2008, 02:56:09 PM

In complete seriousness, raise your hands if you feel media stupidity is limited to those covering the Bucs/TB market.

It gets SUCH a big deal made out of it.. just about *every* media outlet, in regards to almost anything is going to be full of personal bias.

Get over it.

I have no problem with the stupidity, just the sense of empowerment the media seems to have.

The Dream Team

thanson

Starter

#11 : August 20, 2008, 04:47:27 PM

good

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms to Packers? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools