Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Caddy Now Doubtful for Sunday's Game Against Browns « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: December 22, 2006, 03:30:22 PM

Carnell Williams (remember him?) has now been downgraded to doubtful.  At this point in the season, I would think that he probably will not play.

It will be interesting to see what happens in our running game this weekend if he does not.  I expected increased production from  the running attack in this game, considering the newfound ability to throw the ball over 7 yards that Rattay's cannon has brought to this team (I'm joking, Rattay's real abilty is to SEE farther than Grads...The Kow had long-range vision of a doorknob).

We could see Graham, Alsttot and Pittman splitting time, which would be great fun.  Say what you like, but all three are no-nonsense runners, which could play to our advantage, considering the porous run D of the Browns.

Do you think Caddy will play?  How do you think the run game will perform if he does or doesn't?

#1 : December 22, 2006, 03:34:55 PM

I am predicting regardless of whether Caddy sits out or not, GFruden will get criticized for the situation

#2 : December 22, 2006, 03:38:06 PM

I am predicting regardless of whether Caddy sits out or not, GFruden will get criticized for the situation

Right...I do agree with that...but that's a given.  :)

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 22, 2006, 03:39:17 PM

Look for Alstott to have a huge day against the Browns.  At least 100 yards for Mike this week.   Maybe 2 or 3 td's as well.

#4 : December 22, 2006, 03:41:41 PM

Look for Alstott to have a huge day against the Browns.  At least 100 yards for Mike this week.   Maybe 2 or 3 td's as well.

You're such a Mark Alsttot homer!  ;)

I think that if he gets the touches, he will have success this week.  I'd like to see some Earnest Graham this week, though.  Hopefully, he can get a good 50 yards so that he'll surpass his total from last year.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 22, 2006, 03:45:32 PM

You're such an Alstott homer! ;)

I'm just being realistic.  :)

#6 : December 22, 2006, 03:51:50 PM

Gruden should give Alstott the bulk of the carries just to get these idiots in Tampa off his back.

#7 : December 22, 2006, 04:08:35 PM

Graham & Pittman for the middle of the field,Alstott short/ goalline.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 22, 2006, 03:52:57 PM

Even though Graham is locked up I think giving him some carries would not be a bad idea.  Maybe Graham could take over at FB next year when Alstott retires?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 22, 2006, 03:55:10 PM

Even though Graham is locked up I think giving him some carries would not be a bad idea. Maybe Graham could take over at FB next year when Alstott retires?

I don't think Graham is a fullback.   If anything, Graham could take over for Pittman eventually (which I doubt will ever happen since Pittman isn't old and is a better back).

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#10 : December 22, 2006, 04:15:16 PM

Agree Mostly Graham subbing and getting most of the carries that Caddy would have gotten. Pitt on #rd down and Alstott in short yardage situations

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 22, 2006, 04:15:51 PM

Remember when Cleveland played in Tampa a few years ago? Alstott had a HUGE day and one of his best runs in his career when he knocked down about four defenders on his way to a touchdown. Having visions of a repeat of that instead of sugarplums dancing in my head.
But for Caddy, how close is he to 1,000 yards? Be a shame not to see him get it. At least one bright note on a dismal season.

#12 : December 22, 2006, 04:20:54 PM

Remember when Cleveland played in Tampa a few years ago? Alstott had a HUGE day and one of his best runs in his career when he knocked down about four defenders on his way to a touchdown. Having visions of a repeat of that instead of sugarplums dancing in my head.
But for Caddy, how close is he to 1,000 yards? Be a shame not to see him get it. At least one bright note on a dismal season.

Caddy's at a shade under 800, so he need to average like 105 over the last two games to reach it...not likely considering his performance this year and his injury status.

#13 : December 22, 2006, 04:22:25 PM

You're such an Alstott homer! ;)

I'm just being realistic.  :)

You corrected my "Mark" reference.  Fair enough.  :)

I obviously meant no disrespect to one of my favoriate Bucs ever.

I think this is the type of game he can do well in, but I think that it might be nice to get Graham some action.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 22, 2006, 04:24:34 PM

That's downright embarassing not gaining 1000 yards in a season.   Any feature back in the NFL should get that much easily.   However, I think Caddy can blame that on the ineptitude of Grads to move the offense at all.   When Caddy has carried, he's run hard and looked good.   It's just that he hasn't had many carries and when he did carry, there wasn't much blocking.   It's hard to run when opponents are putting all 11 guys in the box daring the QB to pass.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Caddy Now Doubtful for Sunday's Game Against Browns « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools