Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The question of the day -- Keep Favre? « previous next »
Page: 1

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

: July 31, 2008, 01:53:49 PM

OK. It's coming up on the keeper deadline for my team. I have Favre for a low price. Do I keep him on the roster?

jbrock31

Rookie

#1 : July 31, 2008, 02:53:12 PM

OK. It's coming up on the keeper deadline for my team. I have Favre for a low price. Do I keep him on the roster?

I would lean towards no. You will definitely be able to pick him up again in the draft at some point. I would hope you have better options for keepers anyway. Who are your borderline keeper's?

#2 : July 31, 2008, 03:42:56 PM

I would hope you have better options for keepers anyway.

My thoughts exactly.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 31, 2008, 04:02:59 PM

Eli Manning is my other QB at this point.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#4 : July 31, 2008, 05:53:29 PM

Eli Manning is my other QB at this point.

at least he's playing for sure

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#5 : August 01, 2008, 06:08:37 AM

I would hope you have better options for keepers anyway.

My thoughts exactly.
My painstaking dilemma....LT or Peterson? I'm going with AD because of youth and keeper status. LT has been great, but every franchise back must be released sometime.

#6 : August 03, 2008, 10:57:50 AM

All Day!!!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#7 : August 03, 2008, 02:02:51 PM

All Day!!!
I know you have a tattoo of AD on your right butt cheek Hate, but it's not that simple. AD while setting a rookie record and NFL record last season and appears to be the next great RB in the NFL, missed some games due to injury, and also splits carries with Talyor. Not only that, but AD had a few games where he was shut down. LT is almost never shut down. He is a Fantasy GOD. Even when a team holds him to under 70 Yards, he'll have another 70 receiving, and maybe a passing touchdown to pick his point total up.

In LT's last 39 games as my Franchise back, he has scored less than 15 points for a week 5 times, and 14 times between 15 - 25. He has scored me more than 25 points 20 times, and of those 20, 6 times it was 40+ and once 50+.  LT is the greatest fantasy player in the history of Fantasy Football. The only other player you could argue with is Emmitt Smith.

With that being said Hate, it's not that easy of a decision. I'm struggling with making this choice.

#8 : August 04, 2008, 09:11:57 PM

I know you have a tattoo of AD on your right butt cheek Hate, but it's not that simple.

actually, its the left cheek

LT is the greatest fantasy player in the history of Fantasy Football. The only other player you could argue with is Emmitt Smith.

Marshall Faulk?

And to be more clear, LT is THE man no doubt but if you're talkin about a keeper league, how many more yrs can you expect LT to put up his ridiculous production?

Throw in the fact that he suffered a knee injury in the postseason and there you have my case for keeping "All Day"

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#9 : August 05, 2008, 03:35:41 PM

i would.what have you got to lose.i mean it is fantasy football right?supposed to be for fun.it is not like you are being asked to bomb a small country.i would take the plunge.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#10 : August 05, 2008, 04:45:41 PM

i would.what have you got to lose.i mean it is fantasy football right?supposed to be for fun.it is not like you are being asked to bomb a small country.i would take the plunge.
WOW!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 27, 2008, 01:12:28 PM

Ended up keeping Favre because I had him cheap and he hasn't looked like a total wreck. Got Eli Manning in case he goes back to the turnover machine he was a few years ago.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 27, 2008, 04:10:07 PM

Abuccsfan---I'll make it easy for you.  I say keep Ladanian Tomlinson.....

(so ofcourse do the opposite and go with Adrian Peterson :)  )

And Tampa Bay Todd...if you can keep Favre for cheap and didn't do anything stupid like let a stud RB go, then good job.  I had Eli and Favre last year.  Didn't work out too well as i never knew who to start what week.  Of course, Favre took the reigns, but in the beg. I had Eli start some weeks and that killed me.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The question of the day -- Keep Favre? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools