Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Help Needed on my draft? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

: August 20, 2008, 10:59:52 PM

I have the 3rd pick in my draft next monday. I  already know that LT and Brady will be the top choices in my draft.

Who would you pick with the 3rd pick?

kmitchell

Starter

#1 : August 21, 2008, 12:08:10 AM

I would go Brian Westbrook. Do your research than just use your gut feeling. AP was to incosistent last year for me. He had to many games where he dissappeared. He also gets hurt practically every year including college.

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#2 : August 21, 2008, 12:27:46 AM

I would go Brian Westbrook. Do your research than just use your gut feeling. AP was to incosistent last year for me. He had to many games where he dissappeared. He also gets hurt practically every year including college.

Im doing research but just so freaking mind boggled.  I feel the same about AP. I feel he gets hurt too easy but he sure can be a freaking monster.

kmitchell

Starter

#3 : August 21, 2008, 04:07:02 AM

Look at AP's numbers last year. How many games did he just completely dissappear? If  you really want to draft him then do it, just dont be suprised if he misses 6 or more games.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 21, 2008, 10:59:39 AM

I'd take Peterson, no doubt.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#5 : August 21, 2008, 02:19:56 PM

Peterson.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 21, 2008, 02:54:43 PM

If it's PPR, go Westbrook, if not... Peterson.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 21, 2008, 03:45:43 PM

Steven Jackson

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#8 : August 21, 2008, 05:08:19 PM

Steven Jackson

Now that he is back in the mix; Im really confused. I really want to pick him.  I still have till monday though.

kmitchell

Starter

#9 : August 21, 2008, 05:45:49 PM

I have my top 5 ranked LT Westbrook Jackson Peterson Addai. You can quote me when I say Peterson will not play an entire season, I'm pretty sure the last time he did that was freshman year of college. He runs to upright and hard-charging at defenders and gets destroyed.

#10 : August 21, 2008, 10:09:14 PM

I have my top 5 ranked LT Westbrook Jackson Peterson Addai. You can quote me when I say Peterson will not play an entire season, I'm pretty sure the last time he did that was freshman year of college. He runs to upright and hard-charging at defenders and gets destroyed.

Wasn't LT injured last year?

Westbrook has a history of injury.... and he just got paid.

Jackson back from holdout..... seems every rb that comes in late gets some type of injury.

Addai will have some tds taken away by the return of Rhodes.

AP is a beast. I just can't see passing him up.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 22, 2008, 08:58:39 AM

The way I look at it.  Peterson could be phenomenal, but he has injury issues and who knows.  What if he has a Cadillac type sophomore season?  Westbrook or Steven Jackson are also good picks.  Both can catch out of the backfield, but the Rams run the ball more.  I am keeping Steven Jackson in my league, so I’m a little biased.

Either way, your in a good position to land one of those backs.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 22, 2008, 09:24:40 AM

Westbrook!

Eagles only WR threat is gonna be Desean Jackson. McNabb will look for Westbrook as much if not more then years past.

Adrian Peterson will put up good season stats but his game by game numbers are too inconsistent + he's injury prone and IIRC has yet to finish a season since freshman year at college?

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#13 : August 25, 2008, 11:56:55 PM

I just got back from my draft and ended up taking  STEVEN JACKSON.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#14 : August 26, 2008, 06:24:00 PM

I just got back from my draft and ended up taking  STEVEN JACKSON.

I had third pick in my league last night, I drafted AP.

I then traded Jamal Lewis and Willis MaGahee for Steven Jackson.

I'm sitting pretty with AP and Steven Jackson at RB.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Help Needed on my draft? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools