Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A name to look out for in the future: John Simon « previous next »
Page: 1

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: August 21, 2008, 02:59:43 PM

I had read an article on this youngster before, and this is the second I've read about him, so I thought I'd share. Pretty remarkable:

Simon committed early to OSU so he could focus on his senior season without any distractions. Outside of football, the weight room (where he’s held every school weight lifting record since before his junior season started) and the classroom (where he has a 3.7 grade point average), there isn’t time for much else.

“He’s definitely the total package,” said Fecko. “He’s a guy who has everything lined up where it needs to be. A guy who works hard and is obviously a great influence for younger people.”

Simon’s strength and his motor set him apart. He benches 445 pounds, squats 700 and has done 47 straight reps of 225 pounds on the bench press. (For comparison’s sake, the NFL combine record is 51 and Simon’s mark would place him second all-time.)

Not bad for a high school kid.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2008/aug/21/size-ability-strength/
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A name to look out for in the future: John Simon « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools