Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Time for Alstott to go « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Dominico

Starter

: October 10, 2006, 04:25:09 PM

I love the guy and his number will one day hang from Raymond James stadium, but I think this should be his last year. I am tired of seeing Cadillac getting pulled on short and red zone situations. At Auburn Cadillac had a nose for the endzone and got alot of carries over R. Brown, even though he is smaller. I think that even though he isnt that big he hits the hole fast and hard. I think Mike is just too slow and he dosn't even try to run people over anymore, he just jumps over the pile. What do you guys think?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 10, 2006, 04:26:33 PM

I love the guy and his number will one day hang from Raymond James stadium, but I think this should be his last year. I am tired of seeing Cadillac getting pulled on short and red zone situations. At Auburn Cadillac had a nose for the endzone and got alot of carries over R. Brown, even though he is smaller. I think that even though he isnt that big he hits the hole fast and hard. I think Mike is just too slow and he dosn't even try to run people over anymore, he just jumps over the pile. What do you guys think?

I concur he needs to retire this year, but to say he doesn't try is way out of line IMO.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#2 : October 10, 2006, 04:30:26 PM

Well here is the key - Gruden take note here:

STOP USING HIM.

I am tired of seeing Cadillac pulled in those situations as well. It is absolutely ridiculous. Alstott has shown time and time again this season and at points last year that he can't get the job done in short yardage situations anymore. That was all he was good at for this team and if he can't do that he can't be a Buccaneer.

We need to stop giving him the ball because nothing good ever comes from it.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 10, 2006, 04:32:43 PM

It's time, there's no doubt about that. The jumping over the pile crap has to go as well. It's one thing to do it every 5 tries but it's another to do it every freak'n time. I love what he's brought to this frnachise but it's over.......

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 10, 2006, 04:33:55 PM

Well here is the key - Gruden take note here:

STOP USING HIM.

I am tired of seeing Cadillac pulled in those situations as well. It is absolutely ridiculous.

With Caddy and Grads in the backfield, we have plenty of options to sneak two or three yards IMO.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#5 : October 10, 2006, 04:37:02 PM

When Gruden pulls Cadillac for Alstott he handicaps himself. I'm sorry to say that but you know that the ball is going to him on those short yardage plays and it almost never works. If we ran our base offense with Cadillac in those situations other teams would have to respect it more.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 10, 2006, 04:37:34 PM

Caddy was the short yardage guy at Auburn and has been great here, there's no reason to pull him in those situations.

#7 : October 10, 2006, 04:38:30 PM

He would be very wise to just relax and call it a career in 2007, and will be able to walk tall and proud the rest of his life from all that he's achieved.  ;D

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#8 : October 10, 2006, 04:39:23 PM

as Great as the guy was here, his time has past, I hope his number is retired in Tampa and i wish him and his family the best but its time to hang up the cleats

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 10, 2006, 04:51:52 PM

while i agree that he should've gone out on a high last year, i can understand his desire to come back since it looked like we were going to be in the championship race this year and he contributed to wins all along the way.

that being said,  nobody on offense has looked good this year.  this isn't a mike alstott problem by any means, and before sunday, you'd be hard pressed to find any justification for caddy to take those carries, since he could barely get past the line of scrimmage himself.

i think it's a little early to say that mike should be a non-factor in this offense, especially if the bucs want to keep caddy strong for all 16 games; you help your cause by letting mike take some of the pounding in short yardage.

if caddy's going to be a weapon for more than 5 years, it'll help to have some good situational backs (pittman, alstott) to share the load.

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#10 : October 10, 2006, 04:56:45 PM

I agree that he isnt in his prime but I disagree that its time to cut him loose. Altsott had 6 TDs last year, his best in 4 years and 1 this year on very few rushing attempts,some werent even in the red zone.  I agree that Caddy should get more red zone carries but he isnt getting them because Altsott is getting too many.  Most of the scoring attempts in the red zone have been with the pass not the run so dont blame it on Alstott. He can still score and thats all that matters. When that changes then I will agree with those of you who want to see him gone.

#11 : October 10, 2006, 04:59:15 PM

We need to pick up a legit backup rb...after this year, Pittman may be gone.  at least older.  Plus, Alsttot is more limited than ever...we'll see.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 10, 2006, 05:34:23 PM

I think keeping a rb on the roster that you only intend to use short yardage as a sole option on the play is silly.  Either add in more options or throw the play away.  Using Mike only for third and short, and goal line is too predictable and an overuse of the play.  It seems everytime he comes in he gets the ball - makes it a lot too predictable.  Not that he has not made it work very often, but for a HC/OC with sooo much on the ball it drives me crazy.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 10, 2006, 05:37:46 PM

I think we should keep Alstott and maybe even start him but I feel that Sowell needs more playing time because he will probably start for us next year.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#14 : October 10, 2006, 05:43:39 PM

What's funny to me again...is in another thread the Clayton apologists blame his lack of production on a bad QB and lack of production of the offense as a whole. Is it possible that these same excuses you apply to Clayton's situation also apply to Alstott?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Time for Alstott to go « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools