Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Time for Alstott to go « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 11, 2006, 12:47:38 AM

I will always respect, and like A-Train for his career in Tampa, for coming back from a broke neck, and for leading the Bucs to the endzone more than any other Buc in Buc history.

He is responsible for a ton of great memories, and the fact he is still around, even though used very situationally, is something we should all learn to witness and enjoy.  I think after this year, he is done, but enjoy the A-Train while you can...

They don't make them like that anymore!

mnbuc

Starter
#31 : October 11, 2006, 07:50:59 AM

The o-line has not played well all season, Alstott hardly touches the ball during the game and you guys rip him for no production?  Wake up you arn't going to go crazy with 2-3 carries per game even if it's short yardage with our current line.  Gruden has never really utilized him well.  He did great last year and has seen a reduction in carries for his season.  Mike might well retire at the end of the season but thats his decision.  It will be a sad day for Buc fans when this does happen.  If it's this year it's to bad it looks like it will be a bad one for the team.
I wish that just once they would have made him the main runner for the season.  Let the A-Train roll!!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 11, 2006, 08:06:37 AM

I really don't know where this notion is coming from.  That guy has been solid this year.  Is still getting better in the run game as a blocker and is still good in short yardage.  I know the youth bug has hit some of you and it's a wonderful thing to see us getting guys on the field, however, let's not get stupid.  Mike has value that is usually unseen by the average fan...not that any of you are average... ;)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 11, 2006, 11:17:18 AM

Hes our starting FB, hes in the offense when we have a FB in there which is anywhere from about 20 to 30 plays a game.  Do you not see that he is in there more than his 3 or 4 carries a game.  He is the starting FB, look at last weeks game and how Caddy got his 100+ yards.  My guesstimation is Alstott was in there for more than half of those carries.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

ABN

Starter
#34 : October 11, 2006, 11:38:26 AM

Before he retires Gruden should steal the play from U. of F. where Tboe, on short and goal faked a run up the middle and dumped it to a receiver in the end zone. That could be Alstott grand finale. :)

BucsAddict

Starter

#35 : October 11, 2006, 04:46:15 PM

What's funny to me again...is in another thread the Clayton apologists blame his lack of production on a bad QB and lack of production of the offense as a whole. Is it possible that these same excuses you apply to Clayton's situation also apply to Alstott?

please try to refrain from using logic.

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

BucsAddict

Starter

#36 : October 11, 2006, 04:50:17 PM

Sad to say but I agree Alstott needs to retire. What aches me the most is that his endzone AIRNESS has become too predictable and because of that he's being stuffed. Can we bring Earnest Graham as Fullback? why not!? or simply continue using Caddy in 3rd & 1 situations. I love Alstott and he will forever be one of the greatest Bucs of all time, but it's time for this King to pass his throne to another.

agree?

I must have turned the channel sunday when he went over a pile..

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 11, 2006, 06:07:35 PM

He should have been retired at the end of last year at the LATEST.

He's only taking up a roster spot now.

Like very much he has done in the past. We didn't need him in 2005 and certainly not in 2006.

JMO.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#38 : October 11, 2006, 08:13:32 PM

You know what is amazing about this? The fact that our judgment is clouded by loyalty and what players have done in the past.

When I watch a Bucs game I am guaranteed to see Alstott get one or two plays a game. Every time he proves that he is no longer the same player (far from it). His run blocking has improved, but it still isn't good. He isn't a good blocker because that isn't what he does. He is a short yardage back, and right now he is a terrible short yardage back. The reason why he isn't any good anymore is because he is asked to get 1 yard most of the time he is in and he can't get that. Sure, the line doesn't get much push but we have a better short yardage back on our team already with Cadillac in my opinion.

I wish we would make him inactive already. He takes up a roster spot and I'm just tired of it. The fact that Gruden feels the need to give him 1-2 plays a game is too many because they don't work. He hurts the team when he runs anymore, period.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 11, 2006, 08:57:41 PM

You know what is amazing about this? The fact that our judgment is clouded by loyalty and what players have done in the past.

When I watch a Bucs game I am guaranteed to see Alstott get one or two plays a game. Every time he proves that he is no longer the same player (far from it). His run blocking has improved, but it still isn't good. He isn't a good blocker because that isn't what he does. He is a short yardage back, and right now he is a terrible short yardage back. The reason why he isn't any good anymore is because he is asked to get 1 yard most of the time he is in and he can't get that. Sure, the line doesn't get much push but we have a better short yardage back on our team already with Cadillac in my opinion.

I wish we would make him inactive already. He takes up a roster spot and I'm just tired of it. The fact that Gruden feels the need to give him 1-2 plays a game is too many because they don't work. He hurts the team when he runs anymore, period.

The main weakness of this coaching staff in general is their long leash of loyalty to the established starting veterans (and that long leash of loyalty also applies to coaches).  Even when the starting vets are not playing their best they are given at times to much leeway I feel.  Hopefully an 0-4 start forces the coaching staff to start to consider some players being benched or end up being inactive on gamedays.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 11, 2006, 09:04:19 PM

sadly I agree ... he's still one of my all time favorite bucs, but time surely has passed him by.  What's even worse is the bucs only answer for giving Alstott a backup is 32 himself.  I think it's safe to say the Raz experiment is over ... or at least I hope.  Is it that hard to find a good lead blocking FB that can catch a ball out in the flats?  What about an experiment with Becht.  He's supposedly a great blocker, his catching isn't great, but its adequate.  Is that something possible or is that a hard switch to make for a TE?  Now that we have Jolley on the team, you'd think we would have the ability to try it. 

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 11, 2006, 10:40:50 PM

Alstott definitely doesn't have it anymore. Even though he did score that TD, I wasn't that impressed with that carry or any of the others.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#42 : October 11, 2006, 10:59:49 PM

WHO'S BLOCKING FOR cADDY? sOME OF YOU PEOPLE ARE OBVIOUSLY SNIFFING GLUE?

Who's blocking for Caddy? Some of you people have started sniffing glue! I guess you want to bench #55 & #20? Good grief, is this a new flavor of kool ade? Wow, you people suck! >:( >:(

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 12, 2006, 12:38:42 AM

I'll say this for all you "paast his prime people"  When we don't have a veteran who can lead block next year, it will be the olines fault again...right?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#44 : October 12, 2006, 12:45:46 AM

Thank you, chev. Nobody, but nobody, called him old. & said he should retire last year. And obviously the coach & FO wanted him back, too. I just wish if this is the last year he could have gone out on a better note. :( :(
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Time for Alstott to go « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools