Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Our own is one of the 'elite'? Agree or Disagree « previous next »
Page: 1 2

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 23, 2006, 03:27:24 PM

Joseph has played alot better than TB.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 24, 2006, 07:34:54 AM

Trueblood is not an elite (like Pass the jelly thinks)rookie but he is not a bad player as some people are claiming.  Considering he had to switch from LT to RT from the college level to the pro level and then play next to a rookie I think he is doing fine.

Joseph has shown improvement in the regular season compared to the pre season.  There have been moments of brilliance by him but he is not there yet.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 24, 2006, 11:27:43 AM

Trueblood is not an elite (like Pass the jelly thinks)rookie but he is not a bad player as some people are claiming. Considering he had to switch from LT to RT from the college level to the pro level and then play next to a rookie I think he is doing fine.

Joseph has shown improvement in the regular season compared to the pre season. There have been moments of brilliance by him but he is not there yet.

Pastabelly gave the nod to Trueblood based on his number of starts, not his performance.  I think Trueblood will be a capable starter, but I think we drafted him too high.  I really think he needs solid competition in camp, and I hope we hang on to Walker for this reason.  Especially if our QB is a lefty.

Joseph did not have the kind of year that justifies a 1st round pick.  He was outperformed by guys picked in later rounds.  As I've said elsewhere, I believe he will be a solid player, possibly an upper-tier player if the lights come on this offseason, but I still believe the team would have been better served to take a player at one of the 'elite' positions (Kiwi), or trade down for an additional pick in the 2nd/3rd round where the draft was very deep.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Our own is one of the 'elite'? Agree or Disagree « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools