Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Errict Rhett > "Cadillac" « previous next »
Page: 1

Jake33

Second String

: December 23, 2006, 01:15:13 PM

Trent Dilfer had 5 TD's to 24 INT's in Rhett's biggest seasons in 1994 and 1995, team usually stacked the line against the Bucs those years to force tampa to pass.  Like I said i bet when it is all said and done Carnell will have significantly better numbers....

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 23, 2006, 01:01:56 PM

Who compared Cadillac with LT anyway?  You can never compare two players becase things are never equal - they play for different teams, against different teams and have different calls called for them.  There are not many in the history of the NFL that have done what LT is doing and he might be one of the greatest RB's of all time.  Rhett at least had someone playing QB who was a little respected while Cadillac has had to deal with 8 and 9 man fronts due to our little pansy Bruce at QB.

Jake33

Second String

#2 : December 23, 2006, 11:34:24 AM

While, I am sure Carnell Williams will end up having a better career than Dr. Rhett, I made a prediction that Errict Rhett would have a better statistics first 2 years than Carnell.

Errict Rhett:  2218 rush yards, 18 TD's, 3.6 ypg, 13 WINS in his first 2 years
C. Williams 1976 rush  yards, 7 TD's, 3.8 ypg, 14 wins in his first 2 years

On top of it, Rhett was a 2nd round pick, and didn't start until week 9 of 1994 and made 53% lesss money than what Carnell made.

Like I said, the man with a the cheecky nickname as Mr. Williams will end up more than likely having a better career than rhett, but for all the hype that surrounded him last year.  He is probably closer to errict rhett (plus the fumbles) than Ladainian Thomlinson.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 23, 2006, 11:38:48 AM

How about comparing Rhett's numbers from his first 2 seasons to LaDainian Tomlinson's numbers his first 2 seasons?

Jake33

Second String

#4 : December 23, 2006, 11:41:49 AM

LT doesn't play in tampa

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 23, 2006, 11:46:34 AM

LT doesn't play in tampa

Lucky for him.

I don't think Caddy is as good as LT.    Caddy isn't even the best RB we've had on the Bucs, let alone the best RB ever in the league.

#6 : December 23, 2006, 11:57:54 AM

Caddy vs Rhett is a pretty good comparison.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 23, 2006, 12:44:06 PM

I think Caddy is the better player, I just don't know how much better.  There isn't really much precedent for the types of slumps Caddy and also Clayton had in their second years.  Who knows what's going to happen from here on out?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 23, 2006, 02:13:52 PM

Caddy is a better player because what Rhett was getting you was all Rhett was gonna get you. Even today we still talk about running backs on the Errict Rhett plan as being the 333 carries for 1000 yards level players. With Caddy there's another level there if he can get any sort of help.

The better comparison to Rhett is Antowain Smith.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Errict Rhett > "Cadillac" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools