Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Biggest Play in Bucs history? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

4bucs

Hall of Famer
: December 23, 2006, 07:12:14 PM

jjs without question that changed the whole game around,that was a huge plauy gave us the momentum...no other play was that important,barbers sealed it but lets face it there was only 4 minutes left and they still had to score 10 points just to tie.

Jake33

Second String

#1 : December 23, 2006, 11:38:26 AM

This debate may come down to 2 great plays in one game. Joe Jurevicius' catch and Ronde's INT.

If thsoe two are the two finalists for the best play,
My vote goes Joe's catch.  It changed the complection of the game, turned momentum and sent a new tempo.  If Ronde DId not get the INt, philly probably would have scored a TD or field goal, regardless tampa would have only needed ONE first down to win the game then. 

What gets yoru vote?

#2 : December 23, 2006, 11:47:03 AM

Ronde's catch sealed the deal.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 23, 2006, 12:05:01 PM

Are we talking best overall play, or most important? There are a bunch of plays that I remember that were great plays (ie Tate flipping over the line and going in for the TD) but they weren't an impact on the franchise as far as turning a season around.

I agree that as far as important plays to this franchise...the catch by JJ is right up there. That completely changed the momentum of that game. If that play doesn't happen, who knows how that game would have gone.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 23, 2006, 12:08:52 PM

True, BUT without JJs reception and run the Buccs would have been backed up and behind.  That reception changed the game, whereas the game was already over when Ronde ran it back.

JJ hands down for me.....although Ronde's was a very enjoyable moment.   ;D

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 23, 2006, 12:33:19 PM

I say JJ's catch.  I was actually thinking about this the other day and ended up with these same two plays. 

At 3rd I'd have to say Burt Emanuel's "catch."

My favorite play though is probably Alstott's 1 yard run against I think the Vikings awhile back.  The one where he pushed the guys into the endzone backwards.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 23, 2006, 12:38:25 PM

tie in my book, and I am thankful for both!

:)

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#7 : December 23, 2006, 12:40:02 PM

Ronde for me, JJ's catch was huge also, but i like the ronde moment even more

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 23, 2006, 01:34:23 PM

I'm going to go in a different direction. I'm going to say Gramatica's miss on Dec. 24, 2000 was the biggest play in Bucs history. If he makes the kick, Dungy gets a free pass into 2002. If Dungy gets a free pass one more year, Bucs probably don't win the Super Bowl. It's also a huge play in Colts history. What would another coach have done the last five years in Indy? Won the Super Bowl? Not done as well? A tremendous turning point play.

In Verner We Trust

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 23, 2006, 02:00:11 PM

I always liked the play against the Rams where Warrick Dunn was stopped on 4th down behind the line of scrimmage and tossed the ball back to Shaun King. King then ran for the 1st down and drove the team down the field to win the game. 3rd best game in Bucs history IMO, behind the super bowl and NFCCG.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

#10 : December 23, 2006, 02:01:20 PM

I always liked the play against the Rams where Warrick Dunn was stopped on 4th down behind the line of scrimmage and tossed the ball back to Shaun King. King then ran for the 1st down and drove the team down the field to win the game. 3rd best game in Bucs history IMO, behind the super bowl and NFCCG.
That was great

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 23, 2006, 02:09:25 PM

True, BUT without JJs reception and run the Buccs would have been backed up and behind.  That reception changed the game, whereas the game was already over when Ronde ran it back.

JJ hands down for me.....although Ronde's was a very enjoyable moment.   ;D

The game was FAR from over when Ronde runs it back. 20-10, Philly with a Td gets momentum and has a shot to tie or win since the offense had sputtered. Ronde's play is #1.

#2 was Rice's sack on Gannon with the Raiders in goal to go after the INT. The Faders ran a play that was going to work but Rice beat Simms and dropped Gannon before the WR could come open. 3-0 is much better than 7-0.

#3 Joe J's catch in PHL.

#4 Joe J's catch in the SB that seemed to jump start the offense.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 23, 2006, 03:13:47 PM

Derrick Brooks too seal the damn super bowl!!!

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 23, 2006, 03:25:03 PM

I would say Ronde's interception without question is the biggest play, that was the happiest I had been as a Buc fan since 1976.. 
A close second has to be the Derrick Brooks interception in SB37 it put us ahead 41-21 and knew we were World Champs...

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 23, 2006, 03:27:10 PM

Ronde.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Biggest Play in Bucs history? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools