Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mort reports: « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 23, 2006, 02:12:54 PM

I'm only happy because it's only two years and he is not necessarily going to be
the starter.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 23, 2006, 02:14:32 PM

the only way i see simms being succesful is if he use the shotgun

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 23, 2006, 02:14:50 PM

I'm only happy because it's only two years and he is not necessarily going to be
the starter.

$5m per says you are the starter.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#33 : December 23, 2006, 02:15:10 PM

I still want the Bucs to sign Garcia in the offseason. Signing Simms to big money doesn't automatically make him the undisputed starter. He still stunk it up for most of the season. But does signing Simms mean Joe Thomas with the 3rd? With Simms under center, that line would need to be very solid, and having a franchise tackle will go a long way into making the line better.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#34 : December 23, 2006, 02:16:43 PM

Yes! I wished for more losing seasons from santa! and now with simms coming back ill get that wish!

I wished for you to stop posting garbage... but evidently santa doesent like me....

Good signing, if it happens, I wish it was for a penny or two less, but better safe than sorry...

wow, what a clever post

just because you dont agree with me doesnt mean my post is garbage

i guess next year everybody will go back on what they said about simms being the future or whatever, cuz i dont see him changing, we thought that would happen this year and he was supposed to break out...and threw 7 IN'ts in 3 games

what is telling any of you that simms will come back and do any differently?

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#35 : December 23, 2006, 02:20:39 PM

Good bye Gruden!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 23, 2006, 02:20:46 PM

Maybe Simms WILL start with a QB rookie drafted? Things are getting interesting.

I agree that $5 million doesn't necessarily mean starter but it is most than all other
back-ups, with a few exceptions. So maybe Dalbuc is right.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 23, 2006, 02:21:38 PM

I still want the Bucs to sign Garcia in the offseason. Signing Simms to big money doesn't automatically make him the undisputed starter. He still stunk it up for most of the season. But does signing Simms mean Joe Thomas with the 3rd? With Simms under center, that line would need to be very solid, and having a franchise tackle will go a long way into making the line better.

Don't know. With only 2 years on the deal Simms could be seen as the veteran punching bag who holds the fort while Quinn/Stanton/Russell comes up to speed rather than having to toss a rookie into the fire.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 23, 2006, 02:22:30 PM

Very good point. I thought that too. Possible.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 23, 2006, 02:23:23 PM

Good bye Gruden!

The odd thing is that Gruden didn't want Simms (again this report will change if Simms does betterbased on history), some folks didn't want him to start this year (DTG's "inside" info) and yet Gruden really is pinning his hopes on him for next season if this report is true. It is odd but if what we saw this year shows backup again then you are more than likely right.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 23, 2006, 02:25:09 PM

I see it differently.  If the Bucs do sign Simms (and pursue Garcia or another veteran) I can not imagine the Bucs spending a first round pick on a QB.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 23, 2006, 02:26:26 PM

Wow, everyone is geeked about this but didn't Simms stink up the field this year?

I mean this cat was reveiled 3 months ago and now all of a sudden he's the good news?

I don't get it either. You can look at it as Simms knows Gruden's book. IMO he won't be given the starting job. I understand $5M but he laid eggs this year.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 23, 2006, 02:27:08 PM

Good bye Gruden!

what? Ridiculous IMO.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#43 : December 23, 2006, 02:29:42 PM

These will be shipped to Disney immediately:

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 23, 2006, 02:35:12 PM

The other obvious implication of this decision is that Gruden will be here next year because otherwise I doubt ownership approves the spending of cash on a decision like this if Gruden is making a decision for some other coach. Rejoice Grudenista.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mort reports: « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools