Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mort reports: « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#75 : December 24, 2006, 12:23:14 AM

By the way, not everybody who likes this deal is a Simms lover. I'm certainly not.

But I DO trust Gru. So I'll sit back and see what happens in the off season and draft.

Long way to go.

I totally concur.....you have to trust the guys that spend 14 hours a day at One Buc.

like the janitor?

That Janitor is waaaaay overworked then...

And yes, I would trust him. Any man that would do that for 14 hours a day is at least a trustworthy janitor.
Yeah, he knows his crap.

Pun intended.
Pun noted.

And yes, I did laugh.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#76 : December 24, 2006, 12:25:20 AM

Maybe they should go home occasionally. Before their kids are grown.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#77 : December 24, 2006, 11:24:56 AM

Simms and Gradkowski will be on the roster if the Simms' signing takes place, but anybody know the contract status of McCown...if he is under contract those maybe the three we go into next season...Two more years will give Gradkowski three years in Gruden's system and I believe he is the QB of our future under Gruden's coaching regime

You must be accountable for your actions!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#78 : December 24, 2006, 12:12:31 PM

Don't be surprised is Grads is cut. He had a chance to show some progress and failed. I like the kid but that roster
spot may go to somebody else next year. Expecially if we sign a vet.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#79 : December 24, 2006, 04:02:19 PM

Simms and Gradkowski will be on the roster if the Simms' signing takes place, but anybody know the contract status of McCown...if he is under contract those maybe the three we go into next season...Two more years will give Gradkowski three years in Gruden's system and I believe he is the QB of our future under Gruden's coaching regime
lmao!!

Badabingnrt

Starter

#80 : December 24, 2006, 11:40:12 PM

Don't be surprised is Grads is cut. He had a chance to show some progress and failed. I like the kid but that roster
spot may go to somebody else next year. Expecially if we sign a vet.

not a chance in the world he gets cut.  Gruden even said that the time spent on Gradkowski wouldn't be proved worthless

If anything they will cut the guy that hasn't done anything while he was in this league in Luke McCown.  Tim Rattay is a free agent and will go else where to try and get a starting gig or #2 spot....

Simms and Gradkowski are guarneteed to be on the roster next year.

Grads, even with his poor play as of late, was  steal with a late 6th rounder

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#81 : December 24, 2006, 11:43:14 PM

How about Simms loyalty to stay after the way Gruden slobbered all over Grads?

gharen

Pro Bowler

#82 : December 24, 2006, 11:47:16 PM

Probably less to do with loyalty and more to do with desperation! His agent probably put out feelers and found out there weren't going to be many if any big offers.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#83 : December 24, 2006, 11:54:29 PM

I doubt that seriously.  There are NO FA qbs.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#84 : December 25, 2006, 09:53:15 AM

Merry X-mas to you to Karen!

You must be accountable for your actions!

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#85 : December 25, 2006, 09:10:07 PM

#86 : December 26, 2006, 08:58:57 AM

How about Simms loyalty to stay after the way Gruden slobbered all over Grads?

Obviously, Simms knows the situation a bit better than you do, and apparently liked it enough to stick around.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#87 : December 26, 2006, 09:03:28 AM

Probably less to do with loyalty and more to do with desperation! His agent probably put out feelers and found out there weren't going to be many if any big offers.

Agents gauge the market before allowing their clients to sign a new deal, particularly players who are going to become UFA's. If his agent felt that there were multiple prospects for a bigger money deal out there he would have waited, because he really would have nothing to lose by doing so.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mort reports: « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools